Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pentaxian. Anymore Pentax owners out there?

• 06-11-2011 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

Hi,

I bought a K5 three months ago, dynamite camera. I'm looking to buy sell or trade pentax lens with other Pentaxians like myself.

Any more Pentaxians out there?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

I've had the k-x for a while now, and very happy with it. Portability/image quality it just cannot be beaten, it's not often that you can wear a DSLR around your neck and forget about it! Kit lens was allrightish but not great (it was the older 18-55) but I now have a 35/2.4 and a 18-250 Tamron and they work great for me. Pentaxes are such well thought out cameras.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Quite a few of us about these parts - almost unusual for a brand with zero local support. I have film and digital bodies. Love em to bits. I doubt if Pentax are "better" than any of the competition, but then again I doubt if the competition is "better" than the competition either :) That's just the way the market has gone. I like them for their approach, and for all the old gear which is still as relevant if not more so than when they originally produced them. I think there is an amount of instability around the brand what with the various acquisitions of recent times and would like for there to be a bit of stabilisation. That said, k-mount, enough said \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭7.62 rule

mhge wrote: »
    I've had the k-x for a while now, and very happy with it. Portability/image quality it just cannot be beaten, it's not often that you can wear a DSLR around your neck and forget about it! Kit lens was allrightish but not great (it was the older 18-55) but I now have a 35/2.4 and a 18-250 Tamron and they work great for me. Pentaxes are such well thought out cameras.

I've a 35mm DA f/2.4 lens also, find it dynamite sharp even wide open, excellent lens. Yeah I agree about the weight & size issue, I started years ago with a ME Super, really compact camera, swopped to Nikon for few years, - F4s and I always missed the size difference, plus Pentax to my mind are a step ahead with features always. Nice chatting.

Cheers

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    Quite a few of us about these parts - almost unusual for a brand with zero local support. I have film and digital bodies. Love em to bits. I doubt if Pentax are "better" than any of the competition, but then again I doubt if the competition is "better" than the competition either :) That's just the way the market has gone. I like them for their approach, and for all the old gear which is still as relevant if not more so than when they originally produced them. I think there is an amount of instability around the brand what with the various acquisitions of recent times and would like for there to be a bit of stabilisation. That said, k-mount, enough said \o/

I dug up an old 50mm PKA f/1.7 when I got my K5, works a treat, also found an old Flectagon 35mm f/2.4 which is a dynamite macro lens. then I bought a PKM 135mm f/3.5 & 200mm f/4 from net- 30y old & tack sharp. Waiting for a 50mm PKM f/4 macro Tessar come from yanky land, can't wait. No one else stayed really true to their mounting system except Pentax. I got the 18-55wr & 50-200wr with d camera, rain resistant! That's super value. My K5 has green button that meters when using older lens, plus d built in shake resistance is in camera & works with all & any lens fitted. I'm really glad I swopped back to Pentax.
    Nice chatting.

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi,
    I have:
    • Pentax K-7
    • Sigma 30mm f1.4
    • Sigma 70-200 f2.8
    • Tamron 17-50 f2.8
    On my wishlist is:
    • a wide angle lens (10mm or so)
    • a macro lens
    • maybe a long way down the line I'll buy a 18-250 lens for an 'all-in-one' walk about lens.

I'm living in Galway. Where is everyone else living?
    I'd be interested in swapping/borrowing lenses for a small period of time.
    I buy normally from:
    Pentaxuser.co.uk marketplace forum, a UK
    forum
    Pentaxuser.com marketplace forum (USA)
    Amazon or Ebay (rarely)
    Where do you buy/sell from and what sites would you recommend?

I began with a K-X, kit lens and 55-200mm. sold these, bought a 18-250mm and a prime 50mm lens. Sold these to help finance the lenses I currently have.

I love the K-7 expect for the not so great high ISO noise, the top panel lcd screen is very handy and the 'extra' external controls makes me think about what settings I'm using.

cheers,
    pa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭the_tractor

I shoot Pentax too.

My SLR is a k-x, got the 2 lens package the week it came out. Was far and away the best value around.

It's a great camera, has some compromises, but all in all a great 1st SLR.

I have added a few lenses since then.

It came with:
    18-55 kit
    55-300 kit.

I got
    Pentax FA 50mm f/1.4, £200 2nd hand)
    Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8-f/4.0 (the HSM version)
    Pentax-M 135mm f/3.5 (£22 on ebay, just to try out manual metering/focus)

New toy is the DA 35mm f/2.8 Macro limited - it is a great lens - highly recommened. The macro stuff is great, but it's also a great everyday lens for street or portraits.

Jessops in Belfast now carry Pentax again, and Currys electrical carried stuff for a while, maybe still do. But neither are cheap, better buying online.

I'd like to have the DA 35mm f/2.8 Macro limited but if it was f1.4!

I want a macro lens but not willing to sell my Sigma 30mm f1.4 to get one; it's just too good for low light or really stong bokeh...

dinneenp wrote: »
    I'd like to have the DA 35mm f/2.8 Macro limited but if it was f1.4!

A f/1.4 macro would be almost unworkable, the DOF at f/2.8 in close focus is amost nil as it is. :-)
    If you can get the DA 35mm f/2.8 Macro Ltd, get it, the resolution and sharpness are great.

I do love the 50mm f/1.4, the bokeh is great. Everytime I use it I always ask myself why do I ever take it off the camera.

My wish list mainly consists of primes. It's what Pentax is about really, and they are such a joy to use.

I would also love a super wide lens too, a Sigma 10-20, or Pentax 12-24, but they are too expensive for the limited use I would give them. Maybe when the kids are older and I have more time to do landscapes etc.

LBA - it's a real disease. :-)

Hi,
    I have:
    • Pentax K-7
    • Sigma 30mm f1.4
    • Sigma 70-200 f2.8
    • Tamron 17-50 f2.8
    On my wishlist is:
    • a wide angle lens (10mm or so)
    • a macro lens
    • maybe a long way down the line I'll buy a 18-250 lens for an 'all-in-one' walk about lens.

I'm living in Galway. Where is everyone else living?
    I'd be interested in swapping/borrowing lenses for a small period of time.
    I buy normally from:
    Pentaxuser.co.uk marketplace forum, a UK
    forum
    Pentaxuser.com marketplace forum (USA)
    Amazon or Ebay (rarely)
    Where do you buy/sell from and what sites would you recommend?

I began with a K-X, kit lens and 55-200mm. sold these, bought a 18-250mm and a prime 50mm lens. Sold these to help finance the lenses I currently have.

I love the K-7 expect for the not so great high ISO noise, the top panel lcd screen is very handy and the 'extra' external controls makes me think about what settings I'm using.

cheers,
    pa.

Thats 30mm f/1.4 sigma sounds sweet, how do you find it in use?:)
    My K5 is the same with high ISO use, excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Hi, I have a Pentax K-x, with 2 kit lenses 18-55mm and the 300mm, they're great. I also have a Pentax fish eye lens and bought 2 dirt cheap lenses on Ebay that I love (and I mean dirt cheap :)). Because I'm only taking pics for fun, little bits of fungus or dirt don't put me off, and so I have access to so many cheap lenses, it's great. Anyway, one is a 50mm 1.7, I love it of course, except it won't focus to infinity for me, so I'm thinking of getting a proper modern mount one. I also have a Porst 35-105mm (I think it's 105, unless it was 75 :confused:), with a ring for close focus. It's fierce heavy, but I love it too, it does take a bit of getting used to !

As you can tell I'm no expert at all, just doing this as a hobby, and not very technical, but I do love my K-x. Might just switch to K-5 at some stage though because for me the weather sealed body would be a pretty important feature. And I do find the autofocus a bit iffy at times with the K-x, I think that's been improved with the K-5 ?

• Advertisement

As you can tell I'm no expert at all, just doing this as a hobby, and not very technical, but I do love my K-x. Might just switch to K-5 at some stage though because for me the weather sealed body would be a pretty important feature. And I do find the autofocus a bit iffy at times with the K-x, I think that's been improved with the K-5 ?

It's just a hobby for me too, this is my website.
    Would you consider upgrading to the K-7? It's a lot cheaper than the K-5, very similar the K-5 is better in low light and some other differences. But the K-7 is weather sealed too and has same external buttons, top panel lcd screen etc.

Maybe the weather sealed body is great but I'm thinking if my lenses aren't then what benefit is the weather sealed body? Am I missing something?

I don't know, I think if I switch to anything, I'll probably go for the most recent model :). Might as well !

Yes I was thinking that about the lenses too, but I'm not planning on leaving the camera get drenched either anyway, and since my lenses are not the top range either...

Mr Mountains is going to NY in December, and he usually calls into B&H for me, so I don't know, was just looking at the modern 1.4/ 50mm, i think it's only 360$ or so, that's probably good value for a reasonable little Christmas treat :). I would love to be able to focus to infinity, would use the lens a lot more.

edit : I like your pics dineenp, must go to bed catch up on some bad nights, but I'll have a longer look tomorrow. I like the old fellow on the thingy on the pier, and the green pub too. And the little horses game. I've so very little time to take any photos at all, I feel I'm regressing on whatever little bit I had managed to learn, I'd love to have more time for it.

I don't know, I think if I switch to anything, I'll probably go for the most recent model :). Might as well !

Yes I was thinking that about the lenses too, but I'm not planning on leaving the camera get drenched either anyway, and since my lenses are not the top range either...

Mr Mountains is going to NY in December, and he usually calls into B&H for me, so I don't know, was just looking at the modern 1.4/ 50mm, i think it's only 360$ or so, that's probably good value for a reasonable little Christmas treat :). I would love to be able to focus to infinity, would use the lens a lot more.

edit : I like your pics dineenp, must go to bed catch up on some bad nights, but I'll have a longer look tomorrow. I like the old fellow on the thingy on the pier, and the green pub too. And the little horses game. I've so very little time to take any photos at all, I feel I'm regressing on whatever little bit I had managed to learn, I'd love to have more time for it.

If I had the money I'd upgrade the the K-5 too. But there's a few lenses that I'd probably get beforehand. I suppose there's always a lens or two that people want....

I have a friend living in the US so normally get items brought home by him.

Thansk for the compliment on my photos. I have a wife and two young kids so don't get out to take photos as often as I'd like either. I'm looking forward to the Galway Christmas markets though, will try to organise a mini photowalk for that.

Anyone living in Galway or nearby that'd be willing to loan me a macro lens (for a short period). you can borrow one of my lenses in return.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Loggie

Hi all, I'm moving from a nikon to a k5. Will have it monday so will be a pentaxian then. Looking forward to it. I'm only starting out and so lots to learn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

My first ever SLR was a K mount Cosina, so i have a huge soft spot for pentax. I still use it all the time. Have a pentax 50mm 1.2 that lives on it, which is especially gorgeous with slide :)

sineadw wrote: »
    My first ever SLR was a K mount Cosina, so i have a huge soft spot for pentax. I still use it all the time. Have a pentax 50mm 1.2 that lives on it, which is especially gorgeous with slide :)

I had forgotten that you had some pentax DNA in you

:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

I have a little black spotmatic...

Isn't it a cutey:
    5988924518_9f454bb34e.jpg

I got it mainly as a rear lens cap for my Helios, but it's grown on me. Lens & body probably cost me about 25 euro in total, but I've gotten some mileage out of the combination:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dairequinlan/tags/spotmatic/

ohhh ... that lens is like my 50mm, it makes everything "spin" ! I remember the (silver) gate shot, it's really nice.

7.62 rule wrote: »
    Thats 30mm f/1.4 sigma sounds sweet, how do you find it in use?:)
    My K5 is the same with high ISO use, excellent.

very nice, anytime I put it on I wonder why I don't use it more.
    I like fast lenses- 30mm f1.4, 17-50 f2.8 and 70-200 f2.8.
    Every now and then I flirt with selling the Sigma and buying a macro lens but put the Sigma on the lens and love it.

I know I could buy a cheap macro but ideally I'd like a 90mm AF or similar so I could get lovely photos of my kids with blurred background without having to be in their face. But then I'm losing the speed.
    The 30mm is great as the focal point of a 50mm prime doesn't work for me indoors- have to 'step back' a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Mine's a 67 -

6548440193_641a97d31d.jpg

Have a Spotmatic somewhere too.

jpb1974 wrote: »
    Mine's a 67 -

6548440193_641a97d31d.jpg

:eek: You win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭StopNotWorking

8xk
    My late grandfathers S1a, currently looking for something else to shoot film with since I'm terrified of breaking it :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

I have a wee collection of pentax bodies at this stage. Everyday (I wish!) is a K-x, great camera, nice and light, love the AA batteries.

First SLR was an MZ-M, still have that upstairs with a kit lens. I've got a K1000 as well, which feels absolutely bulletproof, and I have an SFX-n that I came into from an attic clearout - that puts a funny effect onto the film so I might take it apart some day.

It all started when I bought Pentax - you're just into your system then!

I bought a Pentax 100mm f2.8 1:1 macro lens for €249 in Currys, Galway. Clearance sale, it's normally about €350 at least I think.
    Just started playing with it yesterday. It's tricky, at 1:1 there's a lot of shake so maybe tripod. Light is awkward too bug I'll get the hang of it soon hopefully.

Next on my list would be either upgrade from K-7 to K-5 or a wide (10pm) angle lens. ProbBme the body upgrade. Don't know how often I'd use the wide angle Lena but I've read people saying once they use it stays on most of the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,039 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Pentax have a new mirrorless camera out soon, the K-01. It uses the K-mount, which means that they can't make it as thin as other new cameras. I think I like the look - it's chunky & ergonomic, and no-one's going to mistake it for another brand. More details here:

k-0120group0220lr-11068247.jpg

Ye Hypocrites, are these your pranks
    To murder men and gie God thanks?
    Desist for shame, proceed no further
    God won't accept your thanks for murder.

―Robert Burns

I think it looks odd.

But no one has meantioned the elephant in the room - VF

It's no smaller than an SLR,
    It's no cheaper than an SLR,
    It has no viewfinder, not even an optional EVF that plugs into the hotshoe.

What is the point in this camera? It's just a crippled SLR.

Hi Pentaxians, really excited here, just got myself a PENTAX smc DA 35mm f/2,8 Macro Limited online, I'm hoping it will get here this week, since I'm getting a rare chance to go taking pictures for one full day next week-end !

I had been toying with the idea of getting a K-5 body since well before Christmas, but I'm delaying that now for another while, since my little K-x is still working so well, and like has been said above, I love the AA batteries.

So the other thing I really wanted was a 50mm with autofocus, and a bit more modern than my very cheap Ebay one. Instead, after reviewing all that was available, I went for the 35mm Limited, it will be great for Macro, but it seems versatile enough to use otherwise ! All the reviews on this lens were so great, I just got sucked in... I got it from Pixmania France on Ebay for approximately 450 euros shipping included. I did have a look at it in various shops in France over the Christmas, and 450 is really the cheapest you could find it.

Here it is, with a photo gallery at the bottom http://www.pentaximaging.com/camera-lenses/smc_PENTAX_DA_35mm_F2.8_Macro_Limited#!product-highlights

There's also a 70mm 2.4 that seems great, for landscapes etc... but that will be for another time !

• Advertisement

Hi Pentaxians, really excited here, just got myself a PENTAX smc DA 35mm f/2,8 Macro Limited online, I'm hoping it will get here this week, since I'm getting a rare chance to go taking pictures for one full day next week-end !

Lovely lens I'd say. I bought the Pentax 90mm f2.8 macro recently Man is 1:1 macro hard to master!

I have the 35mm Ltd. It is brilliant.
    I use it for everything.
    Concerts, portraits, street, it's great.

450 euros seems a bit expensive.
    I got mine for £300, from SRS Microsystems online, just before Christmas.

The FA 50mm f/1.4 is another cracker if you are looking for a AF 50mm.

At f/1.4 the DOF is wafer thin, but it's great to have it.

I have the 35mm Ltd. It is brilliant.
    I use it for everything.
    Concerts, portraits, street, it's great.

450 euros seems a bit expensive.
    I got mine for £300, from SRS Microsystems online, just before Christmas.

The FA 50mm f/1.4 is another cracker if you are looking for a AF 50mm.

At f/1.4 the DOF is wafer thin, but it's great to have it.

It's a tough choice deciding which lens to get-
    I used to have a 50mm f1.8 but for indoor shots found the focal length too long and that I had to 'step back' often to get shots of my kids.
    So I sold it and bought a Sigma 30mm f1.4 which is great.
    If only that had proper macro capabilities I'd be in heaven.

I'd buy the 35mm limited if it was f1.4 or even 1.8, but it's 2.8.
    I did think of selling my Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 and getting a walkabout lens with macro but I like the (slightly) wide angle of the Tamron.

After I've bought a true wide angle lens then I'll have all the lenses that I want. Then I might put the 35mm limited on my list. As they say there's always one more lens to buy.
    The problem with being a Pentaxian is that we're far and few between so it's not easy to borrow one from someone to try out.

It'd take a bit of planning but I think it'd be great to have a photowalk and try to get as many Pentaxians as possible to attend. We could try out each others lenses, would be a great way to see what they're like without having to buy one....anyone else on for this 'sometime'?

I'd buy the 35mm limited if it was f1.4 or even 1.8, but it's 2.8.

Buy it, you won't regret it. f/2.8 is plenty fast enough. The K-x is good at the higher iso ranges, and the K-5 is even better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

It'd take a bit of planning but I think it'd be great to have a photowalk and try to get as many Pentaxians as possible to attend. We could try out each others lenses, would be a great way to see what they're like without having to buy one....anyone else on for this 'sometime'?

I'd be in, especially if it's in Dublin. My long Tamron lens could be fun for others to try - I was just checking random old pics yesterday and a few taken with this lens amazed me with their sharpness.
    Another lens I'm looking at ATM is Tamron 17-50mm 2.8, to replace my kit lens. 50mm 1.4 looks sweet, but might be a little redundant with the Tamron in place as they say it's a little soft wide open and I like sharp so would have to stop down anyway.

Buy it, you won't regret it. f/2.8 is plenty fast enough. The K-x is good at the higher iso ranges, and the K-5 is even better.

Yeah, I was tempted by all the 1.4 or 1.8 too, but then I'm used to my kit lenses etc... which are all 5.6 or higher, so I'll appreciate the f 2.8 ! And I find myself climbing up in Iso more and more, it can take it, so why not avail of it.

I just received it today, and stuck it on quickly for a first feel, won't really be able to try it out properly until the week-end, but it's brilliant, and focusing seems quick and easy with the manual "over-ride" thing. I love the angle/frame it gives me, I think I'll have fun with it !

You got a good deal The_Tractor, I was looking all around France, and 450 was the first price, then it was all up from that. Anyway, that's less money than I would have spent on the K-5, so that's ok for me :).

With the new 645 model (hope I got that number right) the K-5s should go down in price within a reasonable time too.

I'd like a Pentaxian meet/walk too, but I'm fairly stuck in my "working full time Mum" life, even more so because Mr Mountains plays music and often goes on tour for 3 weeks at a time, and at those times I get zero free time.

• Advertisement

@moumtainandh: we try to pick a date and location that'll suit 'us' Pentaxians.
    Then let others know and a lot will end up joining I'd imagine.
    The rest of Feb is out for me anyway.

@moumtainandh: we try to pick a date and location that'll suit 'us' Pentaxians.
    Then let others know and a lot will end up joining I'd imagine.
    The rest of Feb is out for me anyway.

Me too :(. Unless it was some week-end, but even so not sure.
    And hubby's going on tour in March, so that's gone too for me... :rolleyes:

But hey, you guys go ahead, if nothing has happened by April, I'll keep an eye on here and keep me updated.

Hi all,
    Hi,
    Very long shot here but worth a try....
    I have a damaged Tamron 17-50 f2.8 lens that The Hamster is repairing for me but it won't be in time for a wedding I'm shooting this Thursday.

I'm looking for anything like mine ('fast lenswide angle with a small zoom) that'll cover me for the wedding. I'll also have a 100mm f2.8, 20mm f1.4 and 70-200 f2.8 with me.

It's my first wedding (for a friend) and I'll probably buy a new lens if need be but hopefully can borrow one
    . I've been looking for anywhere that I can rent one from but haven't found anywhere yet. If anyone has a lens that'd do AND are willing to loan it to me I could transfer money as a deposit in advance to you (paypal or whatever you want). I'd also let you borrow any of my equipment in return after.

I'm based in Galway, wedding is in Cork, have free intercomany post from Dublin office to Galway (SAP Citywest to SAP Galway).

Anyway I know it's all a long shot but I'm reaching out in hope....

Cheers in advance,
    Pa.

(sorry for digging up an old thread but this is the best way to reach out to the above people in one go).

Cheers,
    Pa.

Sorry I don't think what I have would suit, I've a 10-17mm but it's not that fast (3.5 I think), and my fastest are a 35mm (one of them limited edition ones, 2.8), and the really cheap and shook 50mm from Ebay that won't focus to infinity.

If you think any of that would help let me know, but I don't think you could do much with the 35mm, no zoom, and although I love the framing, bit limited for wedding !

I only have the kit lens in that range, not really suitable.

Have you tried SRS Microsystems, based in the UK? - they rent Pentax gear.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the replies everyone.
    I tried SMS but they only rent to NI (their prices are good).

Someone through http://www.pentaxuser.co.uksorted me out for a 16-45 f4 lens and they live in Cork so it'll be convenient for collection and drop off.

Thanks again.

I'm going to propose a photowalk for sometime in Autumn (early Sept maybe) and try to get as many Pentax users along. It'd be nice to meet up, try lenses etc.

That's great, never heard of 16-45 before !
    Photowalk would be good, although in my situation when September comes, I don't get much time to do anything or go anywhere.

[QUOTE=dinneenp;79873732
    Someone through http://www.pentaxuser.co.uksorted me out for a 16-45 f4 lens and they live in Cork so it'll be convenient for collection and drop off.
    [/QUOTE]

I've never used the 16-45, I'm keeping an eye out for one going cheap on ebay, closer to £100 than £200.

Let us know how the 16-45 performs - having the constant f/4 is good, but 16mm is probably a bit wide for people shots, but could be great for shots inside the church.

7658710100_3624082555_c.jpg

I had a close encounter with a Pentax Q in Blanchardstown Shopping Centre this evening.

Dinky. Beautiful. Want.

What's your next Pentax want?

Apart from the Q which was just a whim (but i'd still love), I think the next thing that would get me spilling out some euros would be a full frame Pentax dSLR. Ok, the 645d looks very sweet, but eh..., my bank isn't in that league :D

Is anyone else waiting for full frame, or would you just jump to canikon and start out again with full frame being a different piece of kit.

I'm not too bothered about FF.

I'm more into the glass.

I recently got a 12-24mm from ebay.
    It's the Samsung D-Xenon lens, which is the exact same lens as the Pentax 12-24mm - only difference is the badge - they are made in the same factory, and now that Samsung has dropped the Pentax K-AF2 mount, there is probably less interest in them.

Best thing is that I got it for less than 1/2 the price of the Pentax badged lens'.

:-)

No interest in FF either (at the moment)

@the_tractor: what did you pay for the lens do you mind me asking?

Upgrading from my K-7 to a K-5 will be my next purchase.

After that maybe a wide angle lens (10mm or 12mm min.) I have a 17-50mm f.28 but think a true wide angle lens would be nice to try out.

I was thinknig of selling my macro lens (Pentax 100mm f2.8) to finance a wide angle lens. even though I don't use the macro lens much it's nice to have. And very good for portraits (found it very handy at a wedding, less intrusive than my 70-200 f2.8 lens)

I think I've posted already but if anyone lives relatively close to Galway and willing to loan me a wide angle lens they could borrow a lens from me in return.

I might follow up on my earlier proposal to organise a photowalk and try to get as many Pentax owners as possible to go. So we could try each others lenses etc.

I paid just over £300 including the postage - pentax badged ones sell for £600+ used, nearer £800 new.
    Came with the hood, caps, and there is not a mark on it. It's fun to use, takes some getting used to.

The Samsung one is identical in every way.

I paid just over £300 including the postage - pentax badged ones sell for £600+ used, nearer £800 new.
    Came with the hood, caps, and there is not a mark on it. It's fun to use, takes some getting used to.

The Samsung one is identical in every way.

I don't care if a lens that I have is Pentax or another brand.
    I have 4 lenses and only 1 is Pentax, which I bought at a bargain price from Currys
    (Sigma 30mm f1.4, Tamron 17-50 f2.8, Sigma 70-200 f2.8 and Pentax 100mm macro f2.8).

I think i'd like to get an 18-250/270 lens again at some stage. I used to have one, sold it to finance a lens. Even though it's not quick it's so verstile.

• Advertisement
Advertisement