Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

movie editing systems for laptop

• 06-11-2011 6:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭

Hi , Hppe im in the right place for advice here. My son wants a movie editing system for his laptop for xmas, he's big into making movies etc. Can anyone recommend a good system that is'nt too expensive. Also are these systems available to download or do you need to buy the software ?

Any info appreciated as am totally out of my zone when it comes to these things.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

tempura wrote: »
    Hi , Hppe im in the right place for advice here. My son wants a movie editing system for his laptop for xmas, he's big into making movies etc. Can anyone recommend a good system that is'nt too expensive. Also are these systems available to download or do you need to buy the software ?

Any info appreciated as am totally out of my zone when it comes to these things.

Thanks in advance.

Have a look at sony vegas:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-Vegas-Movie-Studio-Platinum/dp/B0051M6I9O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1320602237&sr=8-1

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Just to let you know Windows users can download Windows Live Movie Maker which is very basic but may be all he needs! (On Windows XP it is built in, look in the start menu for "Windows Movie Maker")

Nick

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,832 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Depends what kind of editing he wants to do. If he wants an introduction to more professional editing tech, Adobe Premiere Elements would be a little more in-line with industry standard stuff. It costs around 100 dollars, not sure in euro! Haven't used it myself, but it's a scaled down version of Premiere which is one of the bigger 'pro' packages. Avid Studio is another one.

Again, I haven't used these - I'm a Final Cut man, but that's for Mac only and the latest revision is controversial to put it mildly. But they'd me a step up from the likes of Vegas for someone who'd be serious about pursuing editing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 211 ✭✭ronanphilip

have a look here for some info.

i use cyber link power director (v8) alot and find it very good and easy to use. however in college we used Adobe Premiere Pro, im not very familiar with Adobe Premiere Elements but as johnny_ultimate said it may be more in-line with industry standards if its a it's a scaled down version of Premiere Pro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 296 ✭✭Dey were Sooted

virtualdub is pretty good and it's free .. all depends on what kind of editing you want to do

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 John Booster

tempura wrote: »

Thanks in advance.

I would check out muvee ( http://www.muvee.com ) they have a pretty affordable program that I use called Reveal X. I started using it because it was the easiest to use of all the products that I "Demoed"

Advertisement