Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Twitter - who's worth following?

• 06-11-2011 7:07pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I finally gave in and joined Twitter last week. So far I've just followed friends and a few Irish language resources/accounts.

What I want to do now is start following local groups/business/commentators so I can keep up with news in and around Limerick.

Who would you, Boardsies of Limerick, recommend?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

ME!!!

>.>

<.<

:D

I think Limerick Post and Munster players are the only ones I follow really.

🤪

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,339 ✭✭✭✭phog

Mainly I follow rugby players and Nigel Owens but thisisilimerick and limerick.ie are two Limeirck based tweeters that I recently started to follow.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

All the fake Limerick Celebs seem to be on it,the Limerick Chroincle have a Limerick tweets section so all the usual ones

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Not too interested in the "celeb" stuff, you'll be delighted to hear. :)

I'd be looking more towards events, facts, history, news, blogs, that kind of thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭adaminho

I follow flip it, busy living, bock the robber and limerick fc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭gaf1983

Well here are some of the ones I follow:

@LimerickOffice - the Limerick Coordination office, last updated in June though.

@stephenkinsella - UL based economist.

@PoliticsUL - Department of Politics & Public Administration - can have useful notices about seminars and events.

@BocktheRobber - his website's better though.

@SportingLimk (Kieran O'Brien of O'Brien Communications - a PR company which handles many sports events) and @DonnOSullivan of the Limerick Post can be useful for local sports updates.

@SquidLimerick - formerly of this parish, only came across him on Twitter today, might be worth following.

@live95fmnews & @limktoday - the former is useful when there are breaking stories, such as election counts, though they tend to update their website nearly just as quickly, the latter can have stories the other one mightn't have, also you can use it to decide if the show's worth tuning into or not.

@ULPressOffice can be useful for updates about events happening in UL.

It's a pity you can't choose Limerick as a trend location - I suppose it just doesn't have the numbers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭leakyboots

I don't use Twitter but I gather Jerry Flannery is well worth following

leakyboots wrote: »
    I don't use Twitter but I gather Jerry Flannery is well worth following

Here's one of his more recent tweets
    My teammates are so sound. Just collected kit that was left for me whilst I was away trying to solve my injury problems http://yfrog.com/nxjhhpwj

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Simon Adebisi

Whats bocks username? Cant find him there at all.

Im ronandusty btw :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Whats bocks username? Cant find him there at all.

Im ronandusty btw :D

@BocktheRobber

Added you there. Might as well throw my name up here too! @TomasOCoileain #winning :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

@seancurtinphoto is a good one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Ahh.. Gotta love Sean ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

@SpectacularSean is unreal, I hear.

Mr. K wrote: »
    @SpectacularSean is unreal, I hear.

:rolleyes:

*Follows* :D

I started to follow https://twitter.com/#!/Limerick1912
    A Twitter account tracking what life was like in Limerick 100 years ago. Day by Day. Account updated by the Limerick City Library Local Studies Team. Limerick City, Ireland · http://www.limerickcity.ie/library/localstudies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

phog wrote: »

Nice find phog

Advertisement