Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Studio/Spare Room Layout...

Options
  • 06-11-2011 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

Hey all,

I've just moved house, and thankfully have the use of a room for a bit of this and that. Before lumping all my gear in there I'm looking for a bit of advice about layout etc.

111qiv4.jpg

That's the room as it stands there. 7.75 feet X 10 feet with a fixed wardrobe that cannot be moved.

I have a few bass traps and some RW3 panels that I made myself to use in my last house. I have a desk that's 2 foot X 4 foot and a rack to place next to it, and I'm looking for my best listening position. I've Room Eq at the ready and I've a good track ready to test in different positions.

I'm aware the room ain't ideal, but it's all I got! Looking for any useful input whatsoever. Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭spiderjazz

I'm no expert, but I've been doing a bit of reading on it over the last few weeks as I was treating my own room (thread about it here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056418783) I'd imagine one of the better solutions would be to have the desk against the rear wall, so that the speakers are firing down the length of the room, towards the side with the wardrobe. Use the RW3 panels on the sides and ceiling by your listening position to deal with first reflections. Bass traps in the corners then. I have a fixed wardrobe in my room as well, only have a bass trap on one side of it at the minute, better than nothing but I'd assume it would be best to treat both sides if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭mkegvn

Cheers SJ! Yea that was my first instinct so I went with that. Will post pictures when I've a chance to get all the panels up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭madtheory

What are the bass traps? RW rolls in the corner? How many panels do you have? At least 5 is good- mirror points, cloud, front and rear walls. A diffuser would be very good to have! I think in your case moveable panels are good, that way you can use the room as a studio and a control room.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭mkegvn

Yes, Rolls of RW3 covered with a bit of fabric, and 6 panels. I have 1 extra after the old room, no where for it in the new room. I don't want to overdo it in the new room, it's very small. I've a few bits of this too which aren't worth a sh*te

http://www.thomann.de/ie/the_takustik_sap80_pyramidenschaum.htm

Advertisement