Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DAB radio

Options
  • 06-11-2011 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭

Mods - please move to the correct area as Im sure im in the wrong place but cant figure out where this should be. Thanks

Just wondering if anyone knows when buying a new hifi system - an all in one with turntable, cd/tape and radio like this one http://readeroffers.irishtimes.com/i-AA-GR077/Complete-Stereo-System/

- what happens in 2012 with the radio side of things? I know the TV situation with Irish channels now going through Saorview, but does anything change with radio broadcasting services? Wil my mum still receive radio using this system? Or will she have to get a new Digital Radio in a couple of years?

Thank very much for any advice.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

There will be no change in radio in 2012 or for the foreseeable future . The FM on the that radio will do for years..
    Aside from that, RTE radio are also available on Saorview.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,064 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

There's absolutely no plan to switch off analogue FM services anywhere yet.

At present, DAB services don't really offer the clear advantage that Digital TV does. So, it's likely that DAB will just behave like an extra "band" on your radio tuner for the foreseeable future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭mumof2

Thanks everyone for replies.

@dxhound2005 - I started that thread. My reference to that link is currently only for example purpose.:D

I will pass on the good news to mum. :)

Advertisement