Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is the road outside Rushbrooke train stop free to park on?

Options
  • 06-11-2011 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi, I wondering if i can leave my car up on the curb while i get the train from the Rushbrooke stop. I see others doing it but i'm not sure if they have a permit or not. Anyone know if its free to park there. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Free to park there, but it does obstruct traffic somewhat, as well as it being illegal to park on a footpath - not that the Gardai would bother doing anything about it. You could also park behind Great Island Motors at Prospect Villas. Alternatively, there is a huge car park at Whitepoint (sorta behind the Garda station), the end closest to Cobh station of which is free. It's about 3 mins walk from Cobh station. Where are you living? If Rushbrooke Links, there is a footpath down from the Links into the road behind Rushbrooke station.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Cinaed

I'm up in Newtown so either the station or Rushbrooke is perfect for me. I need to keep my costs as low as possible, so finding free parking is a must at present while getting the car as close to the train as i can to shorten time and avoid getting drenched when the rain sets in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

Alternatively, there is a huge car park at Whitepoint (sorta behind the Garda station), the end closest to Cobh station of which is free.

I thought they'd brought in pay parking for there now?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

deRanged wrote: »

They did.

I just checked it out, and they did. One euro per hour:mad:

• Advertisement

deRanged wrote: »
    They did.

Actually might have been getting confused. The end further away from town is definitely still free, albeit a bit of a hike from the station. I have it in my head that the top end of the car park (nearest the station) is also still free but it's possible I imagined that. Either way, an annual permit is only €30.

Cheers Padraig. Rushbrooke seems to be an option but is it safe from getting a knock off a passing car. Mounting the curb is out, i know.

Cinaed wrote: »
    is it safe from getting a knock off a passing car. .

Probably.........but you never know, it's tight-ish along there - although the road isn't especially busy.

Advertisement