Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need CPU cooler but don't want to remove motherboard

• 06-11-2011 9:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 178 ✭✭

Hi
    I want to get a CPU Cooler to replace my stock I5 one.
    Can I get one that does not involve removing the motherboard? Really can't be bothered to take motherboard out if possible!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 91 ✭✭The Toff

Taking out the mobo isn't that bad at all. I did it recently and I was glad that I did, as it allowed me to do some better cable management while I was at it. I got a large enough cooler, and am glad of having the support of the mount.
    Anyhow, a quick google search brought up this thread which might get you started in your research.
    http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/262769-11-best-push-socket-heatsink

Edit: In future though, I'm going to get a case that allows me to install a cooler mount to the back of a mobo without having to remove it from the case. These are the things you learn by experience!

Advertisement