Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DOTA 2

Options
  • 06-11-2011 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Anyone else looking forward to dota 2? Beta invites went out last week if you signed up for it. They give you 3 invite keys

Anyone else looking forward to dota 2?

ps if anyone else has a a spare key send it this way :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

never got my keys :(

enjoyed the original dota but the game looked v.poor in the tournament they streamed hopefully its come on since then

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

still waiting to get a key off some kind soul :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Here's an idea. If I get a key I'll give my two extra's to the first two boardsies to respond to this post. If we could all do this then we'll all be in the beta sooner.

There'd be restrictions though. The two people who I give the keys to can't get their key from anyone else, and have to donate their two keys to other boardsies. Anyone in?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Yeah, Ill be in.

I have never played DOTA so I can be a fresh entry.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Sounds good, although I think lots more should be in soon, or so we hope. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Would LOVE a key but no joy!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

I'd advise you guys that haven't played it before to try some DotA out to get familiar with it, the game has a pretty brutal learning curve. Even if you've played before back in the battle.net days, how the game is played has changed completely since then, so you'll have to refamiliarise yourself with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭ríomhaire

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    I'd advise you guys that haven't played it before to try some DotA out to get familiar with it, the game has a pretty brutal learning curve. Even if you've played before back in the battle.net days, how the game is played has changed completely since then, so you'll have to refamiliarise yourself with it.
    I figured it'd be wise to wait till Dota 2 seeing as they're including coaching and training features. Plus it's supposed to have an easier interface and (at launch) fewer heroes which'll make it less complicated.

Yeah, the interface etc. is definitely infinitely better, no doubt about that. I have my doubts that the coaching feature stuff will be any better than reading guides and that sort of thing, but that's fair enough, it's probably an easier way to break into the game.

A word of warning to all prospective players, though: it's a great game but it's plagued by probably the worst gaming community I've ever experienced. You'll encounter a seemingly limitless supply of arseholes flaming you for being a noob, feeding etc. when you start learning the game, and you will probably end up doing the same to new players yourself once you have some experience. :pac:

people that havent played before should get LoL or something for free as it would have a tutorial.

• Advertisement

Honestly I don't think LoL would help much at all with Dota, from the week or two that I played it it was a hugely different game. HoN from all accounts seems a lot closer to Dota imo.

But yeah, if you have no experience with these type of games, any of them would be good just to get to grips with the format and basic mechanics.

Advertisement