Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[CoD MW3] - Megabitch Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

Watch this video guys

Why i have stopped playing the game aswell ,what was wrong with mw2 net code

thats a lovely montage of you dying.I fell asleep listening to you:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭theothers108

<snip>

Don't be abusing other members again, warning for now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Its PooNiLiZation or some ****, used to play Resistance with him. He sounds like this guy lol:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

3 bar on this game and you're f*cked. Ridiculous lag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

<snip>

Feisty one, you are

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

I'm sick **** of ****ing snipers and The predator missile a pain in the arse.

I think I found blops more fun somehow, can't really explain it. This can just be incredibly frustrating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

id agree with the fela talking on the video its just too easy, killstreaks are just too easy which allows bad players to have a good game/high score.

i mean honestly if you die that should be it no killstreak and also an assist is not a kill therefore it should not count.

i said a load of times already and il keep saying it till im blue in the face, the game's **** and blops is better!.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Watch this video guys

Have noticed this ALOT aswel tbh, people coming round the corner with lightning reflexes or even prefiring round corners(Even tho they're actually pretty bad at the game they seem to outaim/outreact me often)... so for once... its the people with the ****ty connections with the advantage eh ??? :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

i mean honestly if you die that should be it no killstreak and also an assist is not a kill therefore it should not count.

You only get support streaks when you die although I do think the stealth bomber shudn't be in there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,059 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

It was lagtastic tonight that and having to play against and with a load of Scottish Rangers fans abusing me and kept shouting Potatoe thank God for Mute!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Watch this video guys

Who the **** is team headshot

Bastards have stolen my trademark, ill see them in court

Just tested it out... people with higher pings have a huge advantage in this game !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Magill wrote: »
    Just tested it out... people with higher pings have a huge advantage in this game !

how did you test?

LakesKeane wrote: »
    how did you test?

err you can change MTU settings in your router so that you'll not beable to find lower pinged hosts. Its almost as if everyone on a 3bar is on host if you've a standard 30-50ping(4bar). Not overly gamebreaking, but its still an issue they'll need to fix as people will just do what i did.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

err you can change MTU settings in your router so that you'll not beable to find lower pinged hosts. Its almost as if everyone on a 3bar is on host if you've a standard 30-50ping(4bar). Not overly gamebreaking, but its still an issue they'll need to fix as people will just do what i did.

So are you saying we should all do this now...

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    So are you saying we should all do this now...

awkk it depends really, i reset my router settings(Living with 6 other people.. bit of a no no ****ing with the router settings) but if you are typically someone who gets a 4 bar connection and finding yourself in situations where you really had no chance to react because the other person is pre-firing or just has crazy reaction times (From your POV) then you'll defo have an advanting doing it. I'd imagine they'll adjust the lag compensation pretty soon tho, pretty stupid design flaw in the games netcode, but i'd guess its not too difficult to fix. Especially when they see everyone abusing it (Commentators are already spreading the word i think :P ).

I was doing fine with the game in fairness, just a bit anoying getting pre-fired so often.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I have a higher ping than the average here (going from the connection thread) yet I was still lagging, connection drops 3 to 1 bar in a flash and being pre-fired magically at times when on my screen I have the jump on them beforehand like in previous COD games... and when I'm in a party it's usually far worse.

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

To be honest I'm dubious about the claims of higher pings getting preferential treatment in mw3. The majority of my games I'm on 3 bars (whatever that means) and I don't benefit nearly to the extent shown in the video. Maybe there is another deciding factor, proximity to host, upload/download speed or something else which comes into play.

So far there has been some work on decreasing host migration time but there is still very long periods of matchmaking and the tendency to die around corners. I think mw3 has a lot of lag built in to it and it's not as streamlined as mw2, CoD4 or even Black Ops (towards the end) and it'll be unlikely that it will improve significantly now it's released.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭george67

It's very annoying sneaking up behind an enemy with my MK14 and the first shot draws a blank from like 3 yards square between the shoulder blades.:mad: the lack of hit markers with a single fire weapon is very noticeable. Although i did finish with a 34-4 k/d last night the Reaper is a blast :D

• Advertisement

yimrsg wrote: »
    To be honest I'm dubious about the claims of higher pings getting preferential treatment in mw3. The majority of my games I'm on 3 bars (whatever that means) and I don't benefit nearly to the extent shown in the video. Maybe there is another deciding factor, proximity to host, upload/download speed or something else which comes into play.

So far there has been some work on decreasing host migration time but there is still very long periods of matchmaking and the tendency to die around corners. I think mw3 has a lot of lag built in to it and it's not as streamlined as mw2, CoD4 or even Black Ops (towards the end) and it'll be unlikely that it will improve significantly now it's released.

Check what sort of "<ping" games you are finding next time your playing. In the video he is in a 250ms game, thats quite high. I don't think theres any denying that the lag compensation is pretty screwed in this game, the amount of times i've been killed around corners or been prefired is proof of that and im sure most people have noticed the same.

In fairness tho i only tested it out for a few games so it could be just coincidence that everyone else seemed a lot slower to react (Noobs).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Has anybody noticed this:

Guy with heartbeat sensor, switch to my assasin pro class (supposed to be invisible to them) but I can see on the killcam that I wasnt... maybe I just imagining things

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Fairly sure that's just an error, and it's only showing you on the sensor cause it's a killcam, but isn't showing for them at the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Denny M wrote: »
    Fairly sure that's just an error, and it's only showing you on the sensor cause it's a killcam, but isn't showing for them at the time.

Pretty sure it is... I spawn right beside him. So I crouched and waiting him to pass, it was a pretty good place to hide and there is no way you wouldve looked there but he jumped right in front of me and shot me, in the kill cam I could see how he was using his hbs to pinpoint my possition...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Bohrio wrote: »
    Pretty sure it is... I spawn right beside him. So I crouched and waiting him to pass, it was a pretty good place to hide and there is no way you wouldve looked there but he jumped right in front of me and shot me, in the kill cam I could see how he was using his hbs to pinpoint my possition...

Similar issue with HBS in MW2, I always read that it was only like that in the killcam. Seems a crap piece of programming really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

See what your saying doesnt make a lot of sense? A lower ping is just globally recognized as far better seeing as it represents the length of time a packet round tripped from point A to B and back hence lower times the better you QOS. Higher pings take longer to get from point A to B resulting in your information arriving later than your opponent ... pre shot.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ping

Are you saying the server rules are preferring higher ping times as in the sense that they will round down better than round up? If so you really have no control over that. For example if your standard ping average is 45 ms and you try to enter a game, the matchmaking rules will try to get you in a game with the average ping of between 40 - 50. You may have people in there with slightly better pings and slightly slower pings but the rule set range to keep you in that game is so low from high point to end point its nearly impossible to effect your ping within a 10ms margin for error using MTU settings. Even if you did you cant account for jitter which will throw any settings fixes out (considering your settings fix high point to end point is only 10ms)

Ideally you want to set your in house network for consistency. In an ideal world you would want your pings to consistently hit @ eg 41 ms meaning you would get 40ms games all the time and be the best ping in those games all the time but jitter on an average connection will throw that by approx 5ms ether way and then you have to account for latency calculations , with no dedicated servers your pinging different hosts from game to game meaning your latency will change from game to game which will bring your ping up and down in turn.

I would recomend setting your network for consistency, when they get the net code / server rules (more so) sorted out then you will be laughing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭shoxter

ok, I log in and I have dropped back 6 levels and my class has changed?!!?! seriously wtf. Even though I have paid for elite im so bloody tempted to just go get skyrim and forget mw altogether

shoxter wrote: »
    ok, I log in and I have dropped back 6 levels and my class has changed?!!?! seriously wtf. Even though I have paid for elite im so bloody tempted to just go get skyrim and forget mw altogether

Is this happening on PS3 aswel ? Or is it just xbox ?

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭shoxter

Is this happening on PS3 aswel ? Or is it just xbox ?

ps3, about 4 hours of gameplay lastnight gone, and before anyone asks, I wasnt hacking or glitching or any of that cr*p

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Thomasheen

I'm playin now because I heard of a new patch. It did nothing I take it because everyone I kill spawns beside me and just guns me down still

Recon pro is a bitch to get.

Sick of playing solo on this game. You get thrown in with THE WORST teams out there. I went 34-7 in a TDM, we barely won 7500-7400. I'm an average/below average player, so if I can get that score the other team were sh*t. No excuses.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

Thomasheen wrote: »
    I'm playin now because I heard of a new patch. It did nothing I take it because everyone I kill spawns beside me and just guns me down still

No where near as much lag as before though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

NufcNavan wrote: »

Sick of playing solo on this game. You get thrown in with THE WORST teams out there. I went 34-7 in a TDM, we barely won 7500-7400. I'm an average/below average player, so if I can get that score the other team were sh*t. No excuses.

Great perk, especially if everyone is running it - kinda like a blackbird.

Cossax wrote: »
    Great perk, especially if everyone is running it - kinda like a blackbird.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh so thats what that is ! Was always wondering why people were showing up like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭george67

Whats the story with the voting system . I vote for say village instead of dome ,I'm the only person voting so I should get village but it goes somewhere completely different instead :confused:

Also what about respawning directly under a teammates' care package:eek:. This happened 4 times last night caught me twice the other times I saw the flare under my feet and just got out of the way!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

How do you unlock it?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Recon
    The pro perk is unlocked by painting 120 enemies on the mini map through explosive damage. This perk could be regarded as one of the lengthiest pro perks to unlock. This will take timing and patience to unlock, but is well worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭battser

This is the exact same for me. I am very average but played 10 games last night and I was top for 7 rounds winning by narrow margins and losin too! some of the players are shockin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Playing for a good while and all fine. A new game just about to start and everything goes into sloooooooow motion. I leave. Enter another game, slooooow motion again. Hacked to fook already, whahoo!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

I lost my win streak of 48 cause some cūnt, xXxL33TxXxQüîçKxXxSčœpzZzZxXx, wanted to do twirly shīt for his montage that goes out to his 2 subbed YouTubers.

Fūcking CŪNT!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

What was it, 8-34 he went.... F-in joke!

• Advertisement

IPAM wrote: »
    What was it, 8-34 he went.... F-in joke!

Yea, I REALLY wish it was like Black Ops in the way it showed you how many caps/defends you had. Guaranteed he had zero.

Yea, I REALLY wish it was like Black Ops in the way it showed you how many caps/defends you had. Guaranteed he had zero.

Can't for the life of me understand why, Caps/Defends, Kills confirmed/Denied etc aren't shown!?

IPAM wrote: »
    Can't for the life of me understand why, Caps/Defends, Kills confirmed/Denied etc aren't shown!?

Just one more thing to add to the list of stuff to complain about. Although, with that being said, I'm slowy coming round to this game. Few more tweaks and it should be good.

That's one thing I really cannot understand why IW didn't include. They have put so much emphasis on team play in this game with the pointstreaks etc, yet the scoreboard only suits the killwhores yet again.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Really fed up with the maps now tbh.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Playing Ground War last night, 4 games in a row had aimbotters, though 3 of them it was people on my team, it still pissed me off.

Playing Ground War last night, 4 games in a row had aimbotters, though 3 of them it was people on my team, it still pissed me off.

what console ? Haven't noticed any hacks or anything like that yet.

Haven't seen any aimbots/hacking in 56hrs of play :)

There might be 16 maps but I cannot wait for new ones, getting really bored of the maps already!!

what console ? Haven't noticed any hacks or anything like that yet.
    It was on PC. First game I joined the guy was 125-3 and got a game winner from across the map (Fallen), and through a wall, getting a headshot.

• Advertisement

It was on PC. First game I joined the guy was 125-3 and got a game winner from across the map (Fallen), and through a wall, getting a headshot.

ahhhh, what anticheat does it use on PC ? Guessing vac2 ? GL getting that fixed tho, activision give less of a **** about their PC range than they do PS3 !

Advertisement