Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[CoD MW3] - Megabitch Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,592 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

The only servers are listen servers launched from within the client for private matches only. Normal rank progression is still on that P2P iwnet crap, despite it being condemned for several years running.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭battser

absolute joke tbh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

hahaha enjoy the 6v6 games :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Spear wrote: »
    The only servers are listen servers launched from within the client for private matches only. Normal rank progression is still on that P2P iwnet crap, despite it being condemned for several years running.

I also heard a 18 player limit for ranked matches..is this true for the pc?:mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Ill be sticking to 64 players on dedicated servers in BF3 thanks very much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

Just got the game.. not played it yet.. but from looking on YouTube the quick scopers are back !!!

Go Kill Yourself ****ers !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

NeVeR wrote: »
    Just got the game.. not played it yet.. but from looking on YouTube the quick scopers are back !!!

Go Kill Yourself ****ers !!

and the guys at MW3 listened to us this time around eh :rolleyes::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,707 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

So even if you die, it doesnt effect your killstreak stuff

just lol just lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

Headshot wrote: »

just lol just lol

this is only correct if you have the support killstreak selected
    support killstreaks are largely, as the name implies, supportive rather than destructive (i.e. no ac-130 etc)
    assault killstreak is as it always was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

just lol just lol

only the support ones, which are uavs/counters/ballistic vests, non lethal streaks. . I like this tbh, its about time people who are team players got some kind of reward.

its a horrible idea

i selected that class by accident today and i actually got Advanced UAV and i had no right of getting it. I was being slaughtered but yet i get theses killstreaks, is that even fair?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It really is just more of the same, isn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

its a horrible idea

i selected that class by accident today and i actually got Advanced UAV and i had no right of getting it. I was being slaughtered but yet i get theses killstreaks, is that even fair?

so what did you do to get it? Assists, captured the flags?

Trilla wrote: »
    so what did you do to get it? Assists, captured the flags?

I was playing Dom but I didnt get it playing objectively (I couldnt get near the flags)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Herrick

I hate when they have a great weapon in SP but it's nowhere to be found in MP :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
    The AK-74u

• Advertisement

I cant believe they didn't include "Swan Dive" from black ops! This was one of the best things about that game and its not even in this. Disgrace. feckin IW

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Dunnel009

Trilla wrote: »
    and the guys at MW3 listened to us this time around eh :rolleyes::mad:

they confirmed QS was back 3 months ago because it was what the community wanted?!?!?!?!?
    pandering to the 5yr olds again is all they did...
    once the campaign and spec ops are done this gets traded in... first one ever to be traded in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

just got back home with pc+xbox versions for 31eu. installing it on pc now. more interested in SP though.

if multiplayer is total **** ill trade in xbox version and get my money back with pc version on steam for **** and giggles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,510 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

battser wrote: »
    I cant believe they didn't include "Swan Dive" from black ops! This was one of the best things about that game and its not even in this. Disgrace. feckin IW

Not surprised. WAW had a number of small but great improvements over MW that IW just stubbornly ignored for MW2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

The following piece of text is lifted from the IGN review has really cemented my decision on not buying this...
    This package doesn't have rewards that are as offensively-focused as the Assault package, but all kills carry over between spawns. This gives less-skilled players a way to contribute to the fight, and will hopefully give clans and groups ways to better specialize their players into a cohesive team unit. It's a great new feature, and showcases how Call of Duty offers one of the most varied multiplayer shooter experiences around.

The bit in bold literally made me lol, the only new multiplayer feature they list in their review is followed up with "offers one of the most varied multiplayer shooter experiences around." Are they ****ing kidding me???

And it's not even a new feature they just changed an old one. IGN jumping on the CoD bandwagon again, it's disgraceful, I knew they were bad but that's just pure garbage journalism.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭NinjaK

Its all headless chicken stuff, maps are too big and have a million rooms, you can be killed from every direction. Too many killstreaks going on. Also full of campers.

WTH do you expect from IGN! They have gladly put up any bad news about BF they could find. Not one bad word on that site about modern warfare they are suckin the penis big time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 768 ✭✭✭EIREHotspur

Dissapointed with it tbh.

Badd issues with servers....dissconnects......not too fond of the maps so far either.

NinjaK wrote: »
    Its all headless chicken stuff, maps are too big and have a million rooms, you can be killed from every direction. Too many killstreaks going on. Also full of campers.

I know, i prefer when my fps games funnel all the enemies towards me in a corridor. different rooms? pah!

jesus what a bizarre complaint

Big Knox wrote: »
    The following piece of text is lifted from the IGN review has really cemented my decision on not buying this...

The bit in bold literally made me lol, the only new multiplayer feature they list in their review is followed up with "offers one of the most varied multiplayer shooter experiences around." Are they ****ing kidding me???

And it's not even a new feature they just changed an old one. IGN jumping on the CoD bandwagon again, it's disgraceful, I knew they were bad but that's just pure garbage journalism.

but cod is varied, look at the amount of gun/perk/killstreak combinations you can have, and how many game modes ir has. you can say the same about any other mp game if thats the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

krudler wrote: »
    but cod is varied, look at the amount of gun/perk/killstreak combinations you can have, and how many game modes ir has. you can say the same about any other mp game if thats the case.

The game has barely changed since 2007 and there have been 4 games since all sticking to the exact same formula with very minor changes.

How is that a varied multiplayer experience exactly? And this churn out is the worst offender lifting pretty much everything directly from MW2 and adding nothing new to the series apart from in depth stats which you need to pay for. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Liking it so far, completed the campaign. Not sure I prefer it over mw2 but mw1 was def best campaign from the three. It certainly did convey a sense of ww3 pretty well though and I think thats what it set out to do. It didnt let up for a second.

MP seems good, maps are a tad small for my liking but the gunplay is solid, stalker is brilliant. Such a subtle perk but in these early days it makes such a diff to just be able keep ADS while you learn the maps. Hit detection is a million times better than MW2. Played for a while there and didnt once feel bested by someone having a better connection to the host. I kinda preferred the killstreaks from mw2 though, sure they were over powered but they were fun to use. I just dont get that same buzz from these killstreaks atm - granted I am no where near good enough yet to brave the higher ones. Tis nice to be rewarded for team playing now not only in terms of pointstreaks but in actual gameplay. This time round it does genuinly seem the better team wins....generally.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭NinjaK

I know, i prefer when my fps games funnel all the enemies towards me in a corridor. different rooms? pah!

jesus what a bizarre complaint

I meant there are a million different places where a camper could be hiding:rolleyes: Play cod4 and you'll see what I mean. There is only so many places a person can be hiding.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Any1 else finding the spas......crap?

I wouldn't entirely agree with the second part of your statement there.
    COD4 was varied pretty much everything after it has been the same generally speaking
    Its the same old used and abused stuff being brought out and in no way does MW fall into the same bracket as say BF (closet rival). They are diff games but at least dice have accomplished something in the sense where they listen to their communities, make the changes quick, they have added an unreal amount of stuff to BF3. Everything about battlefield 3 and the frostbite engine even on console is different and innovative when compared to previous BF games. Nothing innovative of one or two extra game modes that will get stale eventually and renewing an old engine.

I still like cod because I like the two experiences you get with both games but there has to be only so much of all you hardcore MW fans can take for your 50 quid. For all your loyalty to the series you get fuk all in return. I don't feel hard done by cause I know what to expect and I just enjoy it for what it is.

BTW who's c0ck is the guy who gave the review on IGN suckin from IW :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Its really a chore to play this game for me

I havent played a mp game on the consoles for some time so I forgot about the host crap and eventually not finding a host

Iv been a huge fan of the series but this diabolical game has destroyed the franchise for me. They are just selling the brand name now instead of a great gaming experience. The maps are dreaful tbh, if I had Claustrophobia id be in trouble.

Iv said it numerous times now but it keeps getting worse and worse for me but the graphics are ancient looking, absolutely dyer stuff. When you look at stunning games likes uncharted 3, its a real shame they rather just shove out the same old engine, knowing the brand name will sell it

The assault and support stuff is a load of nonsense

The perks Assassin, Blind Eye is just another ghost. Did they not know that this perk was hated in black ops?

No scoping and heart beat crap is back

If they are going to do a reboot of mw2, why not do it with a proper game like cod4?

Is it that hard to get a new engine, dedicated servers, listen to the community ?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Its really a chore to play this game for me

I havent played a mp game on the consoles for some time so I forgot about the host crap and eventually not finding a host

Iv been a huge fan of the series but this diabolical game has destroyed the franchise for me. They are just selling the brand name now instead of a great gaming experience. The maps are dreaful tbh, if I had Claustrophobia id be in trouble.

Iv said it numerous times now but it keeps getting worse and worse for me but the graphics are ancient looking, absolutely dyer stuff. When you look at stunning games likes uncharted 3, its a real shame they rather just shove out the same old engine, knowing the brand name will sell it

The assault and support stuff is a load of nonsense

The perks Assassin, Blind Eye is just another ghost. Did they not know that this perk was hated in black ops?

No scoping and heart beat crap is back

If they are going to do a reboot of mw2, why not do it with a proper game like cod4?

Is it that hard to get a new engine, dedicated servers, listen to the community ?

Did you expect anything else really?

Did you expect anything else really?

That's a hard one to answer gonzovision

I didnt think it would be this bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

anyone else finds sniping qs even more annoying than in MW2?

It even looks easier to do!

could be just me...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

Bohrio wrote: »

could be just me...

TBH I havent come across it, maybe I 'm Lucky .

Heartbeat sensor.................seriously !!

Shammy wrote: »
    TBH I havent come across it, maybe I 'm Lucky .

Heartbeat sensor.................seriously !!

hehehe I havent come across any... a couple of motion sensors... worse thing is that the perk to counter this is very high up in rank...

Bohrio wrote: »

could be just me...

its piss easy, and I suck at quickscoping lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Well installed it.

Performance is weird to say the least... I run bf3 on high with very good fps on largest maps with 64 people. Mw3 get really stupid shattering in the begginig of each map and now and then my fps can drop to 0.

Single player campaing is like good action movie. Really Impresive and cool settings you put in to. Though it really felt like Rambo movie and very americanised. I just felt like " **** yeah! USA! " 2 people destroy the best Russian submarine and all Russian fleet. 2 people, I **** you not.

Multiplayer.... No dedicated servers... Awesome. "I win button" - instant knife kill from half of the map. Maps felt so tiny. I felt very uncomfortable ( if that makes sence, fobia of small spaces etc ). I felt like spamming bullets most of the time. Oh yeah, it crashed after round too...

Then I went back to bf3 64 map in bazaar.... Felt like home...

I will give it a go again, but I already see that i won't be a comman guest in bf3.

Another thing lads... I think I am going mad...

For some reason I keep hearing the cuckoo sound {like the one a wall clock makes every hour} during multiplayer... you know what I mean? am I loosing it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

I find it to be quite an ugly game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Dubdude

over 2 and half hours now trying to get online and still cant, its really pissing me off now at this stage:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

gold camo doesn't look gold and shiny doesn't even look like gold i just worked my ass off to get gold camo and its shi't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭tonsiltickler

Its like the bastard child of mw2 and black ops. Luckily the oma, noob tubing ten mile knife lunge gene didn't mutate.

Still tho, the maps are very meh and generic. The sound is as bad as blops; the barret used to sound imposing and evil; now it sounds like a shart. Character movements are sluggish, its nowhere near as twitchy as mw2. Its still slower paced; the british underground and wall street maps are ugly as hell too.

The IW that made cod4 and MW2 are gone and it really shows. Activision, I am dissapoint.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Assassin.

Oddly enough near every Irish player I've come up against is using it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

Dubdude wrote: »
    over 2 and half hours now trying to get online and still cant, its really pissing me off now at this stage:mad:
    I've been tethering through my iPhone and got plenty of action game wise and I live in the sticks with a ping so high I wonder if I live in a country with decent bogband

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭UsernameInUse

The results are in. Goodbye COD. Hello Battlefield.
    New ‘Call of Duty’ falls short of ‘Battlefield 3’
    Here’s a video game conundrum. “Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3” is a very good war game. So I can recommend it on its own merits.
    However, “Battlefield 3” just came out, and it’s a huge and amazing war game. So after playing “MW3” for a few days, I’m ready to ditch it and go back to “Battlefield 3.”

First of all, “MW3’s” solo campaign is standard. America and Russia are at war. You portray soldiers shooting at rivals in the rubble streets of New York, Dubai, Paris and elsewhere.
    It’s always you against a zillion bad guys, even if those bad guys stand still in front of your guns as if they were practice dummies.
    “MW3” is decently crafted but not addicting because I’ve played this kind of “Call of Duty” game many times before. It feels arcade-y and slightly dated.

Meanwhile, the solo campaign of “Battlefield 3” is cooler and sleeker.
    So let’s move on and compare the online multiplayer of “Modern Warfare 3” to “Battlefield 3,” since that’s the reason millions of gamers buy them.

• Big vs. small: “Battlefield 3’s” online multiplayer has enormous, splendid maps. You quite literally must ride a tank, Jeep, helicopter or jet onto fields of battle, or else you’ll be jogging for a full minute to the front. The immensity is incredible. By contrast, “MW3’s” maps seem puny and more cramped, making them less exciting.
    • Realism vs. arcade: “Battlefield 3” is drawn and moves so realistically that when tanks turn slowly toward your head, you think you should be able to smell the steel. But since “MW3’s” maps are little, you rapidly run, die and re-spawn back to life. It feels like a hurried arcade game where you rarely get your footing. That’s not necessarily bad. I love arcade shooters. But “Battlefield 3’s” realism is far more entrancing.
    • Balance vs. imbalance: “Battlefield 3’s” nice, long matches offer very good balance between teams: Maps were created in ways so one team doesn’t have an advantage over the other team geographically. What’s more, “Battlefield 3” does a better job of placing good, average and bad gamers on both teams, so matches are usually close victories. “MW3’s” maps have decent balance geographically, but matches are much shorter. And I have yet to play an online skirmish where one team didn’t obliterate the other team. I’m sure there are balanced teams to make my heart race, but I can’t find them. I really don’t like “MW3’s” new kill-streak system. It allows battles to immediately turn into madcap anarchy, where you get slain by helicopters and missiles the moment you spawn to life. Boo.
    • Bottom Line: For a few years, I have preferred “Call of Duty’s” multiplayer games to the “Battlefield” series. But not this year. If you get “MW3” and enjoy it, I don’t blame you. But if so, I bet you haven’t played “Battlefield 3.” It is the superior winner in this year’s battle of the war games.
    http://www.kansascity.com/2011/11/08/3255110/new-call-of-duty-falls-short-of.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

The results are in. Goodbye COD. Hello Battlefield.

Bye Bye

Well if thats not total trolling I dunno what is but hey, seeing as mw3 will sell more and be a higher rated game via metacritic then enjoy your less popular lower rated game. :D

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-3
    http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/battlefield-3

Not really liking the maps thus far. In mw2 it seemed like every map had a strong defense/offense point and in deathmatch it seemed to be a nice tug of war for trying to root out the opposition vs holding the strong point. Made for some nice map dynamics and forced teamwork. These maps are too asymmetrical and seem more like washing machines of people randomly encountering each other all of the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

The IW that made cod4 and MW2 are gone and it really shows. Activision, I am dissapoint.

id agree on this to an extent with cod4 but mw2 was a joke of a game, i think mw3 is better than mw2.

but will never beat cod4, mw these days is just too over the top i actually think blops is a small bit better to be honest.

• Advertisement
Advertisement