Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[CoD MW3] - Megabitch Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

annoys the crap out of me you dont unlock smoke grenades until level 29, 29!!!!! ffs it makes playing demoltion so much harder without a smokescreen to hide when planting or defusing, does anyone bother using those emp grenades? maybe I should, got hit with one for what I think was the first time ever and it stopped my red dot working, kinda handy i guess

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Hate the multiplayer, don't like the direction IW have gone with mw2 and 3. They just moved away from gun v gun in cod4 to killstreaks.

Sh*t game made for noobs imo with the worst maps Iv ever seen in any cod, at least in mw2 the maps were class but honestly the maps are Shockin!

But it's ruined by killstreaks and support etc I mean if you die you die that's it there rewarding people for dyin, just stupid, barebones Is cat in it too.

Elite is a load of balls, Iv nothing good to say about the multiplayer it's like a carbon copy remake of mw2.

They also ruined the teatre mode and crippled us by taking out the dolphin dive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

krudler wrote: »
    annoys the crap out of me you dont unlock smoke grenades until level 29, 29!!!!! ffs it makes playing demoltion so much harder without a smokescreen to hide when planting or defusing, does anyone bother using those emp grenades? maybe I should, got hit with one for what I think was the first time ever and it stopped my red dot working, kinda handy i guess
    The emp works on the enimies red dot not your own plus make sure you use your emp when there's enimie aircraft in the sky it ****s em up good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Hate the multiplayer, don't like the direction IW have gone with mw2 and 3. They just moved away from gun v gun in cod4 to killstreaks.

Sh*t game made for noobs imo with the worst maps Iv ever seen in any cod, at least in mw2 the maps were class but honestly the maps are Shockin!

But it's ruined by killstreaks and support etc I mean if you die you die that's it there rewarding people for dyin, just stupid, barebones Is cat in it too.

Elite is a load of balls, Iv nothing good to say about the multiplayer it's like a carbon copy remake of mw2.

They also ruined the teatre mode and crippled us by taking out the dolphin dive!

No, it's not. In fact, it's nothing like MW2 which is a far superior game to MW3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I love how megabitch thread is 3 times bigger then sunshine and lollipops :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭NinjaK

Cossax wrote: »
    No, it's not. In fact, it's nothing like MW2 which is a far superior game to MW3.

I wouldnt say far, but it was a better game alright. Maps were much better

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Seanie06

Different maps!! MW2 had better maps IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

Domination just seems to be tdm lately flag capping is secondary for most people, bomb involved games are imo the only objective based games. CTF is ridiculous also the few times i played it, lads with 40 plus kills easy

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

I love how megabitch thread is 3 times bigger then sunshine and lollipops :D

I think its usually the same for every cod

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Started to notice something when playing domination with random teammates, say im capping a flag alone, im getting people camping close to the flag but a safe distance from it, then jumping on it at the last second to get the xp when they know its safe, bastrds

and none of them can shoot down air support, when i heard shooting things down would add to your pointstreak, i thought everyone would be fighting over taking stuff down but no, none of them seem to bother

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Randomer teammates are just the worst, I was using a silenced sniper rifle on kill confirmed in the mercenary playlist and was top player on my team.
    There are molds with more brain cells than 90% of randomers. The other 10% are against you either camping in a corner or running around with dual fmg9s.

Simply Red wrote: »
    Started to notice something when playing domination with random teammates, say im capping a flag alone, im getting people camping close to the flag but a safe distance from it, then jumping on it at the last second to get the xp when they know its safe, bastrds

and none of them can shoot down air support, when i heard shooting things down would add to your pointstreak, i thought everyone would be fighting over taking stuff down but no, none of them seem to bother

I haaaate that, its one thing if they're covering you but they usually face in the other direction, if someones capping I'll try make it to the flag before they cap it, a lot of times you get there just as they cap but at least you made a bit of effort to get to them. I cant understand why people dont cap the nearest flag at the beginning of the match, its essentially a free kill towards your point streak and you know you wont be killed as the other team wont make it across the map that quickyl, its like a second if the whole team get its, stupid players are stupid. it was a bit riskier doing it on some maps in MW2 like Afghan thanks to oma tubers but thats non existant in MW3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    I think its usually the same for every cod

Aye, theres only so much bragging people can post :P

I think even the BF3 threads are the same with the bitch thread much bigger than the sunshines and lollerpops. Blops was huge too !

I haaaate that, its one thing if they're covering you but they usually face in the other direction, if someones capping I'll try make it to the flag before they cap it, a lot of times you get there just as they cap but at least you made a bit of effort to get to them. I cant understand why people dont cap the nearest flag at the beginning of the match, its essentially a free kill towards your point streak and you know you wont be killed as the other team wont make it across the map that quickyl, its like a second if the whole team get its, stupid players are stupid. it was a bit riskier doing it on some maps in MW2 like Afghan thanks to oma tubers but thats non existant in MW3.
    Exactly yeah, fair enough is someone is genuinely covering a good flank route to a flag while you cap it, thats what you want, its the ones that just lie prone behind something then jump on as youre about to cap it so they get their xp and didnt risk a death by jumping on and helping you cap it earlier. Really annoying in close games

The way someone can still easily shoot you when they are flashbanged!! Annoying!!

• Advertisement

Or how last chance players accuracy goes through the roof !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,161 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Seanie06 wrote: »

Or how they can snipe while in last chance..

everlast75 wrote: »
    and knife, the number of times ive been slashed in the leg and killed by someone in second chance

Worst thing about second chance is getting assists when you do all the damage! Got 4 assists on the same guy last nite before he eventually killed someone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

That f'ing Final Stand bull****, so overpowered, worse than it was in BLOPS, one bullet should do it when the person is in Final Stand but instead it seems to take 3 or 4 :mad: you have to kill the muppet twice

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Does a stun/flash kill off final stand?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

IPAM wrote: »
    Does a stun/flash kill off final stand?

I don't think it does. I've tried a few times even today.....it didn't kill him.

Absolute shower of **** IW are to put that back in the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

everlast75 wrote: »

They should be down to ****ty hand gun, I've lost count how many times I've been taking down, you know I'd rather been taking down with dead mans hand

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Ballymun Bohs

The KSG! Fcuk me it's terrible!! I have grip and kick at the moment and not even getting hitmarkers when shooting from the hip from 5 feet away. You have to ADS to get a kill! Still I'm gonna try and rank it up and get it gold for craic :D

Its not TOO bad for me, got damage + extended mags on. Still.. get some odd hitmarkers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭LaVail

I dunno it was pretty funny playing with boardsies when we all had cold blooded and ninja on and hid in some bushes on Wasteland on a s&D game, that was for lulz though :pac:

Different story when a group of lads do it for the craic :pac: but playing against 6 random campers in a public lobby is just unbearable. IW catered for the noobs big time in this game with last stand, dead mans hand, dark corners and head glitching spots everywhere.

I wonder if it would be a better game if killstreaks were taken out altogether?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

I miss 3+5+7

No proper sniping maps apart from Interchange

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I usually snipe in Village and Fallen
    You'll see a lot of snipers on Bakkara and Outpost too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I know, isn't it great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Got this as a christmas present and have only just begun to play.
    Is it just me(probably is) but im so shhiiiittttte at it.
    Can anybody help because ive put 5 hrs in now and things are not getting much better.

Think im level 15, play with Scar with extra damage bullets and fast re-load or whatever. Should i be using a better gun because i may aswell be throwing toffees at some enemies.

Also, some times when i get killed its from not being able to see enemies red dots on the screen. Is this me just being crap or is that a perk thats available as you level up?

I was quite alright at MW2 but these maps are just mahem with so many entry and exit points to every area! Casuals like me havent got a chance really.

Scar's a pretty good gun though the clip is a bit small. I'm loving the CM901 at the moment.
    You're always going to be at a disadvantage 'cos people are more familiar with the maps now. SMGs are probably better as most encounters are going to be CQC. The PPM901 is a beast and unlocks pretty early.
    Perks / attachments really depend on your play-style but I never run anything unsilenced bar the LMGs / Snipers. Also stinger with Blind Eye is useful for building pointstreaks.
    If you were ok in MW2 you'll do ok in MW3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Ken Tucky wrote: »
    Got this as a christmas present and have only just begun to play.
    Is it just me(probably is) but im so shhiiiittttte at it.
    Can anybody help because ive put 5 hrs in now and things are not getting much better.

Think im level 15, play with Scar with extra damage bullets and fast re-load or whatever. Should i be using a better gun because i may aswell be throwing toffees at some enemies.

Also, some times when i get killed its from not being able to see enemies red dots on the screen. Is this me just being crap or is that a perk thats available as you level up?

I was quite alright at MW2 but these maps are just mahem with so many entry and exit points to every area! Casuals like me havent got a chance really.
    Try using the PP90M1 smg with Sleight of Hand, quickdraw and Stalker. Also make sure you're are using concussions and semtex as your grenades. When you unlock the silencer for PP90M1 use that until you get extended mags.

my post from another thread
    Posted this in the other thread but probably better off here:

My tips for loadout would be:

Primary:

AR: T95/ACR/G36C/Scar/FAD
    Attachments: Red dot/Silencer (nothing else! Rest are useless.)
    Proficiency: Kick/Impact

SMG: MP5/UMP/PP/P90/Last one
    Attachments: Red dot/Silencer/Rapid fire/Extended mags (nothing else)
    Proficiency: Range

Secondary: Either of the 2 revolvers
    Perk 1: Sleight of Hand/Extreme Conditioning
    Perk 2: Quickdraw/Assassin
    Perk 3: Dead Silence/Stalker

Killstreaks: 3 uav / 5 pred / 7 chopper
    Deathstreak: The one that makes you kill your 1st person in less bullets.

Is all I use and works pretty well, uavs are very good but don't rely on them as lots of people use jammers. I find that choppers get more kills than strafe runs so are a good choice at 7. Preds are always a solid kill/double kill.

Other general tips:
    If you're going around a corner use ADS just as you walk around, will get you that kill if somebody's waiting there.
    ALWAYS look at your radar.
    Try to pay attention to where people spawn ie. if you're pushing the left side on ctf where are the opposition spawing? How close do you have to go to C domo before they spawn at A? When you start noticing these things you'll be able to have a very good idea of where the entire other team is.
    Use 3 sensitivity.
    If you don't knife much use Tactical button layout.

and somebody else's
    PHYSICAL TACTICS

1. Always have the FMG9 akimbo as your secondary: 8 times out of ten the FMG9's will win the close range engagement. Dropshotting with them makes sure you will almost NEVER lose an close range fight. Also, make sure you have these equipped when clearing out houses....like in carbon.

2. If you get shot first, drop immediately: If somebody shoots you first theres a good chance you're goind to see the kill cam. Dropping will throw their aim off for a second so you can get off your shots first.....this is the technique of dropshotting.

3. Hip fire frequently: When your close to somebody make sure you're already firing while you're going to ADS.

4. The Type 95 red dot sight is your friend

5. Equip silencers but don't equip assassin: If you're shooting you do not want to be seen on the radar because you will not be focused, but you should be good enough that if you're just walking around you can be alert enough to successfully engage anybody that finds you.

6. Always have the stalker perk equipped: see tip 12

7. Go to youtube and learn how to dropshot.

8. Do not run much, this leaves you vunerable.

9. ADS around corners instead of rushing around corners.

10. Disable controller vibration: It will help your aim and focus when your getting fired on.

11. The Silenced ACR is your friend.

12. When you aim strafe with the enemy instead of stopping: The enemy will have a harder time aiming at you.

13. As soon as you see an enemy and you know you have a shot....do not hesitate in the slightest and just unload. (You can also use this tip when making love with ur gf....oh wait....this is a MW3 board...uhh nvm. lol ^_^)

----MINDSET TIPS

1. Don't get too serious about this game, you must realize that this is only a game.
    Does this game really matter in the real world? Does it really matter if you get killed in the imaginary world of MW3 multiplayer?...I think not.

2. Do not care when somebody kills you: It's only working to make you a better player.

3. MW3 was made for entertainment....and that all it should do for you. Have fun while playing. The only emotion that should be getting usage is your happiness.

4. Do not rage quit.

5. Do not get mad at somebody elses tactics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

There is like 2 rows of accolades that neither I or my friend have unlocked, I checked them out online and they seem to be awards for bad play or something. I dont know about my friend but I have had some stinker of games and should have unlocked a couple, whats the story with them?
    I noticed on the cod wiki it says "to be confirmed" or something on the list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Sound, i'll give some of those a try! Not going to pack it in just yet. Saturday shes going out early, the little fella will be going to bed early so i'll give it a good lash then...if you guys want some serious xp then be on-line then :D

Arkaden is a good map for sniping, the broken statue on the far side of A flag is good and theres a coffee shop counter that looks towards B flag you hide behind, A flag to C flag route through the shopping mall is a good spot too. I hated there was no obvious long sightlines at the start but they are there, just not in abundance as they were on MW2.

AdamD wrote: »
    I know, isn't it great.

No it's not. Since mw2 sniper rifles, lmgs and to a lesser extent shotguns have been underpowered and underutilised through the omission of stopping power, the increasingly cluttered maps and poor hit detection. The vast majority of people will have smgs or assault rifles as their favourites for mw3. I hate dying from quickscopers as much as the next man but having everyone using the same overpowered guns such as dual fmg9s/type95s/famas/ump/noobtube is just boring.

It's pure laziness (or ineptitude) by the mw3 level makers to not incorporate areas in maps where all gun classes can shine or to make less popular guns inviable, you could snipe in all levels in black ops and mw2. Pretty much every gun in mw2 was, with the right perks and attachments, deadly and enjoyable to use in the right circumstances. Black ops guns weren't as enjoyable across the range as mw2, but the good maps were balanced, which softened the blow.

For mw3 with the map design being so similar throughout, there are guns which are largely redundant. The only reason people use shotguns is because the maps are clustered and there is stopping power-like-perks available in the proficiencies, damage and range. If there was damage as a proficiency for lmgs and sniper rifles then the game would be better for it. As thing stand in mw3, the unfavourable map design and weak lmgs and inaccurate sniper rifles are p*ss poor for anyone wishing to try them out.

The makers of mw3's map should go back and look at the level design in CoD4 and take a long walk off a short cliff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

yimrsg wrote: »
    No it's not. Since mw2 sniper rifles, lmgs and to a lesser extent shotguns have been underpowered and underutilised through the omission of stopping power, the increasingly cluttered maps and poor hit detection. The vast majority of people will have smgs or assault rifles as their favourites for mw3. I hate dying from quickscopers as much as the next man but having everyone using the same overpowered guns such as dual fmg9s/type95s/famas/ump/noobtube is just boring.

It's pure laziness (or ineptitude) by the mw3 level makers to not incorporate areas in maps where all gun classes can shine or to make less popular guns inviable, you could snipe in all levels in black ops and mw2. Pretty much every gun in mw2 was, with the right perks and attachments, deadly and enjoyable to use in the right circumstances. Black ops guns weren't as enjoyable across the range as mw2, but the good maps were balanced, which softened the blow.

For mw3 with the map design being so similar throughout, there are guns which are largely redundant. The only reason people use shotguns is because the maps are clustered and there is stopping power-like-perks available in the proficiencies, damage and range. If there was damage as a proficiency for lmgs and sniper rifles then the game would be better for it. As thing stand in mw3, the unfavourable map design and weak lmgs and inaccurate sniper rifles are p*ss poor for anyone wishing to try them out.

The makers of mw3's map should go back and look at the level design in CoD4 and take a long walk off a short cliff.

:D

Spas feels much less powerful today. :(

Wasn't going to prestige anymore but might do if it's not fixed, will just totally ignore the shotguns if that's the case.

• Advertisement

Was playing domination on bootleg earlier tonight and in the space of under a minute experienced some of the crappiest things in the game, being killed by campers in corners ignoring the objectives, spawning in front of enemies and dodgy hit detection, so I tried uploading the video to show how bad things are and as a break to blow off some steam.

So I put the recent game in the vault and went about cutting it down to under 30 seconds, and after doing that the game said the vault was temporaily unavailable. I return later to try again and I get to render it, after 4 failed attempts at uploading including one where it failed at 100%, I decide to try again and I'm greeted with the same message as before "The video vault is temporarily unavailable please try again later." Lovely.

It's kind of incredible how they've managed to make so many f**king things wrong with this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Thomasheen

I havn't played this in about a month but I heard today they nerfed the striker and removed the extended mags glitch for the shotguns. This true? If so then it's going straight to the used games section in gamestop

Thomasheen wrote: »
    I havn't played this in about a month but I heard today they nerfed the striker and removed the extended mags glitch for the shotguns. This true? If so then it's going straight to the used games section in gamestop

Robert trollings twitter said they nerged the striker and buffed the rest if the shotguns, never mentioned about the extended mags so i dont know. Strikers recoil even with grip is awful for me 3 shots and im alnost shooting at the sun.

Anyways i dont see how that would make u trade in the game??

Robert trollings twitter said they nerged the striker and buffed the rest if the shotguns, never mentioned about the extended mags so i dont know. Strikers recoil even with grip is awful for me 3 shots and im alnost shooting at the sun.

The only fun i had playing the game was using the shotguns and the specialist loadout. Everything else just feels nooby for bad players to feel good. No recoil guns, campy maps. Death streaks and support streaks are the same thing to me just rewarding terrible players. With the one usable shotgun gone well then thats it for me. I didn't think IW could make a worse game than MW2 but the bullsh*t rating in this game actually surpasses that. I'll be on cod4 and blops. Two cod games where you actually have to be semi decent to do well

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭vgv

One think I dislike about this game is that its very unforgiving.In Black Ops you could shrug off a certain number of bullets and keep going on occasion.In MW3 it seems to me at least that once someone sees you,especially with a powerful weapon like the Type95 for instance,then you are history.Like 99 times out of 100.That is what I would expect in hardcore mode,but not core.Indeed apart from the nametags&killcams there doesnt seem to be much of a difference between normal and hardcore anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,161 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

yimrsg wrote: »
    Was playing domination on bootleg earlier tonight and in the space of under a minute experienced some of the crappiest things in the game, being killed by campers in corners ignoring the objectives, spawning in front of enemies and dodgy hit detection, so I tried uploading the video to show how bad things are and as a break to blow off some steam.

So I put the recent game in the vault and went about cutting it down to under 30 seconds, and after doing that the game said the vault was temporaily unavailable. I return later to try again and I get to render it, after 4 failed attempts at uploading including one where it failed at 100%, I decide to try again and I'm greeted with the same message as before "The video vault is temporarily unavailable please try again later." Lovely.

It's kind of incredible how they've managed to make so many f**king things wrong with this game.

Exactly what happened to me on Monday.

what was wrong with emulating the Black Ops theatre mode?

• Advertisement

The only fun i had playing the game was using the shotguns and the specialist loadout. Everything else just feels nooby for bad players to feel good. No recoil guns, campy maps. Death streaks and support streaks are the same thing to me just rewarding terrible players. With the one usable shotgun gone well then thats it for me. I didn't think IW could make a worse game than MW2 but the bullsh*t rating in this game actually surpasses that. I'll be on cod4 and blops. Two cod games where you actually have to be semi decent to do well

But now youve a bigger selection of shotguns to use no?

Ah what do i care sure and ive never noticed a dfference in nerfs/buffs since ive played cod anyways itll probably be the same..

I think alotta people need to stop using cod4 as a benchmark against this and future cods, its gone, maaan. Just play that if your looking for the cod4 experirnce obviously..

Ah what do i care sure and ive never noticed a dfference in nerfs/buffs since ive played cod anyways itll probably be the same..

I think alotta people need to stop using cod4 as a benchmark against this and future cods, its gone, maaan. Just play that if your looking for the cod4 experirnce obviously..

Actually I do agree with this. I never played the pre-nerf akimbo 1887s but anything else they nerfed / buffed I never really noticed the difference.
    Famas from blops was supposed to be nerfed and it was still the best gun in the game. Also the nerf on the FMG9s doesn't seem to have stopped anyone using them.

Haha trust me I've used the shotguns alot. I went on today and noticed zero difference in any of them although I didn't use the striker so I cant say anything on that.

And I dont hold cod4 as a benchmark. Granted it's way overhyped but it's still good. Blops is my personal fav so I play that when I need my shooter fix

Haha trust me I've used the shotguns alot. I went on today and noticed zero difference in any of them although I didn't use the striker so I cant say anything on that.

And I dont hold cod4 as a benchmark. Granted it's way overhyped but it's still good. Blops is my personal fav so I play that when I need my shooter fix

Someone (iMuse I think) mentioned them fixing the extended mags glitch on the shotguns - the Spas feels weaker than before (extended mags glitch > buff?) but will try again tonight in case it was a poor connection as I also got plenty of hitmarkers with the L118A.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭LaVail

402 is a joke...he's full of sh1t and he can't be trusted. Shotguns are still crap. I'm taking a few days off from MW3, can't handle this game and tbh I'm sick of every aspect of it. Looking forward to blops2, just a pity its a good few months away yet.

• Advertisement
Advertisement