Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[CoD MW3] - Megabitch Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭UsernameInUse

Shammy wrote: »
    Bye Bye

Bye Bye?

I am relaying what an article has written complete with link....and don't you ppl flatter yourself. There is nobody on boards.ie that understands what trolling is. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Bye Bye?

I am relaying what an article has written complete with link....and don't you ppl flatter yourself. There is nobody on boards.ie that understands what trolling is. :rolleyes:

this how this thread is modded mate, very ignorant.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

this how this thread is modded mate, very ignorant.

If you have a problem with the modding here, I suggest you take it to feedback forum instead of dragging another thread down like you have done in the past and using it as a platform to air your past grievances. Quite a few things I can call you out on but I'll do it under the correct procedures if I have to. We can open up your previous thread from the DRP forum if you wish to go the other route from feedback.. I don't mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭skapegoat

I'm not what people would call a real gamer, I have never finished a full campaign game apart from modern warfare.

I just got hooked on the multi player.

Modern warfare was great, modern warfare 2 was epic, world at war sucked apart from zombie games with mates but that novelty wore off.
    Black ops was different for a while but I kept going back to mw2!

Now I have only played Mw3 for a few hours and it just doesn't feel better than Mw2!

Is it just me or are you not silent when you crouch in mw3?

It's dark, slower and all I hear over the mics are complaints....

Not many people are happy.

I have tried other multi player shooters and didn't gel with them, don't get me started on MAG!

I have never played battlefield..... Shock horror but I may get battlefield 3???

My only question is can you make the controls like cod?
    It seems strange to me that consoles as old as the SNES had the feature to costomise your controllers buttons in every game but not the ps3?

I am to used to cod to go learning more button configurations!

Please advise, a cranky old stubborn idiot needs help.

I'll play it a little more but so far it hasn't blown me away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Sean^DCT4

hightower1 wrote: »
    Well if thats not total trolling I dunno what is but hey, seeing as mw3 will sell more and be a higher rated game via metacritic then enjoy your less popular lower rated game. :D

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-3
    http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/battlefield-3

lol'd at this..

This is based on 44 critics/votes on MW3 and 47 critics/votes on BF3. C'mon ffs.. :pac:

Ok, so back on topic. I started playing COD on the PC since COD4. Played on PC (all CoD since CoD4), Xbox (2 CoD) and PS3 (1 CoD) since then. I have been playing online multiplayer FPS's since the mid 90's. Quake1-3, CS, CSS.

IMO, MW3 has to be one of the most disappointing FPS purchases I have made. I was not expecting the jaw-dropping graphics of BF3 or Rage. What I was expecting was a better FPS gaming experience from MW3.

Gameplay is repetitive, sluggish, hit-boxes aren't the best. Nothing new and what is slightly new is more of a re-hash. I noticed no dedicated servers on the PC. Maybe I'm too old for CoD as it seems like it's aimed at kids or teenagers :cool:

Just my 2c

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

If you have a problem with the modding here, I suggest you take it to feedback forum instead of dragging another thread down like you have done in the past and using it as a platform to air your past grievances. Quite a few things I can call you out on but I'll do it under the correct procedures if I have to. We can open up your previous thread from the DRP forum if you wish to go the other route from feedback.. I don't mind.

do what you have to do, it was an ignorant comment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭UsernameInUse

do what you have to do, it was an ignorant comment.

It's ridiculous.

This is the megabitch thread, not sunshine and lollipops. Of course there are going to be grievances - the proof is in the title ffs. You'd swear the people on here were getting paid from IW aswell to throw out the usual drivel. It's an opinion for crying out loud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Blunder of the century

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

lol'd at this..

This is based on 44 critics/votes on MW3 and 47 critics/votes on BF3. C'mon ffs.. :pac:

Ok, so back on topic. I started playing COD on the PC since COD4. Played on PC (all CoD since CoD4), Xbox (2 CoD) and PS3 (1 CoD) since then. I have been playing online multiplayer FPS's since the mid 90's. Quake1-3, CS, CSS.

IMO, MW3 has to be one of the most disappointing FPS purchases I have made. I was not expecting the jaw-dropping graphics of BF3 or Rage. What I was expecting was a better FPS gaming experience from MW3.

Gameplay is repetitive, sluggish, hit-boxes aren't the best. Nothing new and what is slightly new is more of a re-hash. I noticed no dedicated servers on the PC. Maybe I'm too old for CoD as it seems like it's aimed at kids or teenagers :cool:

Just my 2c[/Quote]

3 less votes is not going to make a huge difference to the scores in fairness.

On the other hand, you take the metacritic score with a pinch of salt as it is not an exact average of the reviews, each review is weighed on the credibility of the publisher. You also take the reviews itself with a few saxo tubs of salt as they are about as objective and incorruptible as an Irish politician.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Initial impressions is that the spawning is f*cking woeful. the match making is even worse. Seriously my first few game involved me being matched with people under level 10 against teams of level 30 and then being constantly spawned just in front of an enemy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Thomasheen

The lag is the only thing I'm annoyed with so far. And ****ty teammates because i'm playing on my own but expected that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Thomasheen wrote: »
    The lag is the only thing I'm annoyed with so far.

sorry forgot about the lag. some really bad lagging

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

The spawns are really really bad I've found.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Fouloleron

Honestly I feel like I just wasted my money, this game is basically MW2.5,

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭joshrogan

No ranked dedi's on PC :(.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Fouloleron wrote: »
    Honestly I feel like I just wasted my money, this game is basically MW2.5,

honestly what were people expecting? rhythm action killstreaks? a kart racing minigame? how much different do you want a war based fps to be? if they completely changed everything that makes COD COD then people would be whinging about that as well.

I really feel for the developers at the mo, they took everything people complained about, fixed it, now people are whinging about that as well.MW2 had too much air support, but now I cant get a chopper without having it shot down by a sam turret. MW2 had too many big maps with not enough going on, make maps smaller, whinging about how cramped they are. too many spawn traps, spawns now different, whinge about that as well. "battlefield has vehicles!" so did WAW, and everyone complained becuase that "wasnt COD's style" fcuking hell like. and these same people will still pump hundreds of hours into a game that they do nothing but complain about, utter fcuking madness.

has MW3 got flaws? yes, is it a rehash of MW2 but with improvements? yes. is it fun? yes so far with far,far less of the bullsh1t that ruined MW2.

if you really dislike what COD as become, stop fcuking buying it! otherwise enjoy it for what it is, a fast paced, arcade shooter, its not a war simulation anymore than Uncharted is an educational game on archaeology.

It is too easy to quickscope though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭splashthecash

what is a quicker scoper?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Sean^DCT4

3 less votes is not going to make a huge difference to the scores in fairness.

On the other hand, you take the metacritic score with a pinch of salt as it is not an exact average of the reviews, each review is weighed on the credibility of the publisher.

Yeah of course the the difference of three critics will not impact the average result massively.

Yeah I would also question the credibility of the critic too. I know that the critics are gamers but shouldn't games be rated by actual gamers only and not people with possible sponsorship/affiliations to someone like Dice or EA.. e.g. IGN
    You also take the reviews itself with a few saxo tubs of salt as they are about as objective and incorruptible as an Irish politician.
    :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Does anyone else find the mic thing hopeless? I could barely hear Domo and Mags areir, and I had the chat volume up to full whack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Some things that are pissing me off atm. Played about 4 hours.

1. All the maps seem small. Designed for close combat. So no open areas to snipe.

2. Controls feel stiff compared to all the other cods. I'm going to try MW2 again just to see if its my imagination.

3. No marathon. Can only run for a couple of seconds which means a slower game imo.

4. People just seem to blend in with the background making it harder to see them. Might be just me thou.

5. Cant turn off the music.

6. No intervention :-( I thought it was coming back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Just spent a couple of hours with the single player campaign and it's good the same old CoD flaws - endless respawning enemies until you hit the magical invisible checkpoint. You can still just ignore them, leg it past them and trigger the next scene.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,455 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

beertons wrote: »
    Does anyone else find the mic thing hopeless? I could barely hear Domo and Mags areir, and I had the chat volume up to full whack.
    yeah for some reason IW's game chat is crazy bad. Same in MW2, it all seems to be robot voices. Normally I just stay in a party with my mates but we went to play search last night and it was so bad. They never fixed it in MW2 so I don't hold out much hope for this. Didn't stop me annoying some other Dublin lads to the max though when they beat us 4-0 in our first game, start saying 'we came on here looking for a game, but there's no decent players online' and we hammered them for like the next 4:D they were such simpletons...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Got a care package and didnt use it, died then worked my way up to another one. Went to call in the two of them but only got one? Anyone come across this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭bubbleking

Well if thats not total trolling I dunno what is but hey, seeing as mw3 will sell more and be a higher rated game via metacritic then enjoy your less popular lower rated game. :D

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-3
    http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/battlefield-3

Iv never seen such a massive difference between critic and user reviews for MW3!!! at the end of the day a critics opinion counts for little as you have to appease your fan base

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,455 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

bubbleking wrote: »
    Iv never seen such a massive difference between critic and user reviews for MW3!!! at the end of the day a critics opinion counts for little as you have to appease your fan base
    unfortunately the Battlefield fanbase can't really talk for the COD fanbase :D

• Advertisement

It's ridiculous.

This is the megabitch thread, not sunshine and lollipops. Of course there are going to be grievances - the proof is in the title ffs. You'd swear the people on here were getting paid from IW aswell to throw out the usual drivel. It's an opinion for crying out loud.

COD hater I wouldn't have said. Battlefield fanboy on the other hand... well who am I to say it, only you really know :)

...and before you start on me, I'm a fan of Battlefield 3 also and have critisied COD numerous times. I do not have blinkers on like many people do for either game series even with my favourite being COD4. When I didn't play BF before I could appreciate what it offered at the very least. It's amazing how many people are incapable of distinguishing between the two games and what both offer the FPS community as a whole. It says a lot about people if they continue with their dick wavering for a game series and bashing the other at any given opportunity. Worst thing from my perspective with this forum is, it's adults doing it for the most part. Genuinely comical as it is baffling. Enjoy them for what they both, long story short.

You've made your point about preferring BF quite clear in your OP, and went stirring for a reaction with the article piece 'gratz, you got it.

Anywhoo, back to my main point. The crux of the matter is *drum roll*, you haven't even played the game yet! I'd consider it fanboy-ish to slam a game without playing it, but that's just my perspective :)
    battser wrote: »
    I cant believe they didn't include "Swan Dive" from black ops! This was one of the best things about that game and its not even in this. Disgrace. feckin IW

Very disappointed it wasn't included, it was fun messing about with it and p'ed off serial drop shot users too which was good to see coming from a competitive background where it can be spammed like you wouldn't believe.
    Big Knox wrote: »
    The following piece of text is lifted from the IGN review has really cemented my decision on not buying this...

The bit in bold literally made me lol, the only new multiplayer feature they list in their review is followed up with "offers one of the most varied multiplayer shooter experiences around." Are they ****ing kidding me???

And it's not even a new feature they just changed an old one. IGN jumping on the CoD bandwagon again, it's disgraceful, I knew they were bad but that's just pure garbage journalism.

You're quoting IGN. I'll leave it at that and let that sink in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,764 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Very disappointed it wasn't included, it was fun messing about with it and p'ed off serial drop shot users too which was good to see coming from a competitive background where it can be spammed like you wouldn't believe.

You're quoting IGN. I'll leave it at that and let that sink in.

Wasn't really an issue for players tbh, can't remember ever swan diving by mistake. What console/websites you playing competitively on?

AdamD wrote: »
    Wasn't really an issue for players tbh, can't remember ever swan diving by mistake. What console/websites you playing competitively on?

Issue for competitive players? It was spammed by a whole host of players. I personally think it's a cheap way to get a kill.

360 and PS3, mainly Hardcore SnD and doubles. Occasionally played regular core too but that was brief compared to the other two.

Consolegaming.eu
    Gamebattles

Hope to get back into it after my 4th year finals conclude. Been on hiatus for awhile now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,764 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Issue for competitive players? It was spammed by a whole host of players. I personally think it's a cheap way to get a kill.

360 and PS3, mainly Hardcore SnD and doubles. Occasionally played regular core too but that was brief compared to the other two.

Consolegaming.eu
    Gamebattles

Hope to get back into it after my 4th year finals conclude. Been on hiatus for awhile now.

I meant that it Black Op's attempt at stopping drop shotting wasn't an issue for players. Might recognise you if I knew your psn/cg username :P

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Fouloleron

Already finished SP and finished with MP.

Just should called it MW3:Cut and paste, this game is deffo not worth what I paid for it.

• Advertisement

Jet Black wrote: »
    Some things that are pissing me off atm. Played about 4 hours.

1. All the maps seem small. Designed for close combat. So no open areas to snipe.

2. Controls feel stiff compared to all the other cods. I'm going to try MW2 again just to see if its my imagination.

3. No marathon. Can only run for a couple of seconds which means a slower game imo.

4. People just seem to blend in with the background making it harder to see them. Might be just me thou.

5. Cant turn off the music.

6. No intervention :-( I thought it was coming back.

its your imagination, controls identically to MW2, the sensitivity levels are a bit different, I'm playing on 5 now whereas I'd play on 7 on MW2 but it feels the same.

Marathon is in it but its Extreme Conditioning, longer running like COD4 opposed to infinite running like MW2. I'd prefer that to being akimbo shotgunned by infinite sprinters tbh.

I've been sniping plenty on it, theres some maps have decent sightlines for it, go explore and see. Mission has a ton of them.

beertons wrote: »

Its very bad at the moment, can't really hear anyone at all, everyone sounds like their talking through a box of cornflakes. Kind of annoying because it takes the banter out of the games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Fouloleron wrote: »
    Already finished SP and finished with MP.

Just should called it MW3:Cut and paste, this game is deffo not worth what I paid for it.

Honestly I'm already thinking about trading it for Skyrim on Friday.

krudler wrote: »
    its your imagination, controls identically to MW2, the sensitivity levels are a bit different, I'm playing on 5 now whereas I'd play on 7 on MW2 but it feels the same.

Marathon is in it but its Extreme Conditioning, longer running like COD4 opposed to infinite running like MW2. I'd prefer that to being akimbo shotgunned by infinite sprinters tbh.

I've been sniping plenty on it, theres some maps have decent sightlines for it, go explore and see. Mission has a ton of them.

I was saying that to the lads on Skype last night. Now I haven't played any COD mp for 3 months before yesterday so my aim was off as it has been when I have taken long breaks from the game, but it was truly shocking yesterday. Might have to up to 5 myself quite possibly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭craze7

Assassin.

Oddly enough near every Irish player I've come up against is using it...

Why wouldn't you use this perk? Even the worst COD player in the world can get a UAV, C-UAV and an Advaced UAV in this game now! I have even resorted to using it and i never used Ghost or Cold Blooded before!

Community feedback ruined MW3 just like it did BLOPS!

MW2 is still the bench mark for multiplayer gaming, its fun and easy to play but hard to master!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 79 ✭✭Nagin

Ya its pretty much some DLC for MW2....but is that such a bad thing.

MW2 was a heck of alot better than Black Ops. Sounds better though and the LMGs are more realistic feeling. Not worth the money but I couldnt imagine not having it

Im a run and gunner so works out well. Smaller maps and fast game play is the business

Add me: wally114

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Thomasheen

Sigh... yesterday was fun but now everyone has unlocked this new perk called assasian... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Assassin is over-powered, TBF. Other perks in that tier aren't exactly amazing and given the amount of UAVs, Counter UAVs and Advanced UAVs, it's kinda silly not to use it at least some of the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 200 ✭✭baldymac

what a joke this is, they have learned nothing

so much lag more so them bo

matchmaking shocking

trying to join a party well you cant unless you get invited. it says party closed invite only you cant change this

take over a minute to get into the game, if you rlucky to actually get in

you spent x amount on the elite and cant log on to web site

if ur host you cant leave a party without the team following you back unlike BO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Hopefully I won't be posting here too often :)

Anyway, was playing a few games earlier, had about 1k kills and 900 deaths total, turned off xbox for a while, came back on to see that my whole last session of about 2 hours or more had dissappeared, kills, perks, guns, time played etc. everything was lost. CFC told me it's becaus I didn't go to the main menu before turning off the xbox, so let this be a lesson, go all the way to the main menu before you turn the xbox off.... So pissed off :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

When starting off the game leaves you far too exposed, add this to being matched up with people nearly prestige and it's not good.

Some kind of UAV Jammer and suppressors should be easily accessible at the start. Ridiculous not knowing the maps and then UAV in the air every second. No tactical element when it's like this, you're just target practice for the high level people.

Quickscoping rampant in the first couple of games I played too but no point in complaining about this, we knew it would be in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 200 ✭✭baldymac

who's looking forward to BO 2( what ever they call it) as MW3 is a shambles atm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 ConorNQ

baldymac wrote: »
    who's looking forward to BO 2( what ever they call it) as MW3 is a shambles atm

Me! But only because I really enjoyed Black Ops.

I'm sure I'll be kept fully occupied with MW3 until then...

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

The spawning is just wrong, i've lost count of the amout of times i've respawned just to be killed instantly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

WOW.... shotguns are beyond useless. I cant count the amount of hitmarkers I was getting. I started getting pissed off but stuck with it and after 2 hours I was literally laughing at how bad they are. Shocking stuff. Never mention the terrible map design, have they ever heard of a little thing called flow of movement?

How did they do so badly? I mean all they had to do was say upgrade the mw2 graphics, double the weapons list / attachment size. Create 15+ maps that include hold / choke points so players have focal points to fight over. Remove OMA and MLC .... bada bing, job done.

What they actually did was create 15+ maps that have no focal or choke points to focus the matches meaning games devolve into "here is a choice of three routes, take one and hope not to get side swiped ....OH TOO LATE.... here are three routes : wash rinse repeat".

Set shotguns as a primary...but make them less lethal than bb guns?
    Half the map size people want and clutter the **** out of them rendering any weapon over medium range useless, with the afore mentioned crap that the shotties are that means the only effective guns are SMGS.

Lets make it more gun on gun, that doesnt mean you need to make kill streaks not fun anymore.

I think Ill give this one a miss now just like black ops and trade it in next week. Hit detection seems to be way off, maps are a joke ruining flow and use of most weapons and then the killstreaks are joyless. COD needed a reboot before, it was in danger of getting stale....it now needs a reboot because its lost all its inspiration and talent.

Its seeming more and more apparent that west and zampella were the people who helped bring that secret sauce of addictiveness to cod and without them every game feels like a treyarch game. Maybe respawns project will be the FPS I want.....just hurry up and make it already! :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

WOW.... shotguns are beyond useless. I cant count the amount of hitmarkers I was getting. I started getting pissed off but stuck with it and after 2 hours I was literally laughing at how bad they are. Shocking stuff.

Truly terrible but im gonna stick with the spas until I unlock the damage upgrade and if it still sucks.......I dunno,I mean they're worse than the black ops shotguns and remember how ppl complained about them at the start

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Davidson2k9

LOL people are never happy.

LOL people are never happy.

hey I could see myself goin back to play Mw2 again even with all its flaws just to use a decent shotgun.

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    hey I could see myself goin back to play Mw2 again even with all its flaws just to use a decent shotgun.

which people complained were too overpowered.

not me though

*hugs SPAS* :pac:

• Advertisement

krudler wrote: »
    which people complained were too overpowered.

not me though

*hugs SPAS* :pac:

Best gun ever.
    Have you tried the new spas?

Advertisement