Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[CoD MW3] - Megabitch Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Mw3 is less hectic but just a sh*t game from start to finish, it's basically mw2 with bad maps, full of camping and over the top bullsh*t.

Really disagree there mate! Maybe its just me but i find MW3 too bleeding hectic. I find i cant watch for enemies without one popping up in front of me which wasnt comming up on the radar all the time.

Im not the greatest player but in MW2 i was at a decent level but i really cant handle this at all.

I also find it hard to see enemies, once again that could be just me! I use a 37" screen to play so its not my hardware. That said im still feeling my way into it. But its not biting and i reckon it'll be traded very shortly!

Im not even playing now and i feel rage haha!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

A smaller screen is much much better

Most Lans use 17-21 inch which is perfect because you can see the Radar without having to avert your eyes from the action.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭quietriot

Gah, wtf has hardcore become? In previous versions it could be fairly rife with campers at the best of times but now it's just an absolute joke. People are either camping or running around with either of the two automatic grenade launchers with the decent clips...I mean, who needed those in the game? Surely grenade spamming with onemanarmy pro in MW2 was sufficient to warrant them to cut back on grenade launchers a bit...not stockpile them like nothing else.

Every hardcore game is now TDM. If you're playing Demolition, more than half your team is playing TDM and don't care about the targets. If you're playing S&D, same again. Load of bollocks really and non-hardcore is piss poor.

They seem to have taken every issue with the previous MW titles and incorporated them into one clusterf*ck of a game.

Camping a bit of a problem? Well, let's make it even easier for them!
    Maps a bit ****? Well, lets make the maps worse than ever, stifling game play and making people beg for new maps, which we'll give them at €7.50 each!
    Grenade spamming ruining the game? Well, let's throw in a few more grenade launchers, just to make it funneh.
    Unbalanced and ridiculous match making? Well, who cares if one team has 6 high ranked prestige players and the other has more than 3 people who are brand new to the game, that's hilarious!

Single player is absolute ****e also. Got 1/3 of the way through and gave up. Same missions, different skin and absolutely nothing interesting about it.

I see 2nd hand MW3 can be got from even GameSpot for €30 now, which is significantly less than the resale value MW held for over a year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

quietriot wrote: »
    Gah, wtf has hardcore become? In previous versions it could be fairly rife with campers at the best of times but now it's just an absolute joke. People are either camping or running around with either of the two automatic grenade launchers with the decent clips...I mean, who needed those in the game? Surely grenade spamming with onemanarmy pro in MW2 was sufficient to warrant them to cut back on grenade launchers a bit...not stockpile them like nothing else.

Every hardcore game is now TDM. If you're playing Demolition, more than half your team is playing TDM and don't care about the targets. If you're playing S&D, same again. Load of bollocks really and non-hardcore is piss poor.

They seem to have taken every issue with the previous MW titles and incorporated them into one clusterf*ck of a game.

Camping a bit of a problem? Well, let's make it even easier for them!
    Maps a bit ****? Well, lets make the maps worse than ever, stifling game play and making people beg for new maps, which we'll give them at €7.50 each!
    Grenade spamming ruining the game? Well, let's throw in a few more grenade launchers, just to make it funneh.
    Unbalanced and ridiculous match making? Well, who cares if one team has 6 high ranked prestige players and the other has more than 3 people who are brand new to the game, that's hilarious!

Single player is absolute ****e also. Got 1/3 of the way through and gave up. Same missions, different skin and absolutely nothing interesting about it.

I see 2nd hand MW3 can be got from even GameSpot for €30 now, which is significantly less than the resale value MW held for over a year.

To be fair I cant count on one hand the amount of times I've been killed by grenade launchers in MW3, noobtubing is practically non existent, I havent played hardcore much yet will give it a bash later.

MW2 was pretty hectic, especially on ground war games where its an ADD riddled killstreak and explosion mess, MW3 is hectic but in a different way, its like there's zero flow to the games just everyone all over the place because of the crappy spawns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭quietriot

krudler wrote: »
    To be fair I cant count on one hand the amount of times I've been killed by grenade launchers in MW3, noobtubing is practically non existent, I havent played hardcore much yet will give it a bash later.

I've found it's not really an issue in non-hardcore as the grenades appear to be fairly ineffective overall, however it's absolutely rampant in hc.
    MW2 was pretty hectic, especially on ground war games where its an ADD riddled killstreak and explosion mess, MW3 is hectic but in a different way, its like there's zero flow to the games just everyone all over the place because of the crappy spawns.

All over the place is right, the spawning is atrocious. I've had more enemies spawn right in front of me in MW3 than I ever saw in previous versions and similarly I've spawned right in front of enemies a frustrating number of times now.

It'll never be fixed though. They've shown with MW3, of all them, that it's a money making enterprise and not a game making enterprise. It's a shame it has done so well, although I do love seeing it receive 2.9/10 average out of 5000 user reviews on metacritic http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-3 . If anything, it shows how easily the professional "critics" opinions are bought. 88% pro critic vs 29% user review doesn't add up.

• Advertisement

Tried out the Osprey Gunner KS a while ago. Useless it is for such i high KS.

its good on village, thats about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Give us a shout when you're heading on, 9-12am Fridays has it advantages!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

quietriot wrote: »
    I've found it's not really an issue in non-hardcore as the grenades appear to be fairly ineffective overall, however it's absolutely rampant in hc.

All over the place is right, the spawning is atrocious. I've had more enemies spawn right in front of me in MW3 than I ever saw in previous versions and similarly I've spawned right in front of enemies a frustrating number of times now.

It'll never be fixed though. They've shown with MW3, of all them, that it's a money making enterprise and not a game making enterprise. It's a shame it has done so well, although I do love seeing it receive 2.9/10 average out of 5000 user reviews on metacritic http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-3 . If anything, it shows how easily the professional "critics" opinions are bought. 88% pro critic vs 29% user review doesn't add up.

I was using the xm25 last night and it's possible to get one hit kills with it on the normal playlists, I somehow beat a guy using a shotgun with it at close range. It's should be banned from hardcore as having 16 explosive rounds in hardcore is insane. It's just another example of the complete lack of playtesting and foresight in the game.

As for the discrepancies in the rating they're both too extreme, the game has serious flaws but it's not unplayable all of the time. It's very similar to mw2/blackops/etc. in the sense that your experience and enjoyment is heavily reliant on the opposition. Playing against dual fmg9s assassin campers on mw3 is no fun, just as playing against silenced ak74 ghost campers in black ops was no fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

A smaller screen is much much better

Most Lans use 17-21 inch which is perfect because you can see the Radar without having to avert your eyes from the action.

:s

They use smaller screens for a few reasons, one being that well... they're smaller, cheaper + Easier to transport.

Other than that, it just depends how close you sit to your screen. Most people usually sit a good bit further from the TV than they would if they're on say a PC, a 17 inch screen isn't much use if your sitting way back on your sofa !

• Registered Users Posts: 48 dickdasterly

Huh.
    Ok then you just go lose the game while I run around and win for you by picking up your tags.

You missed my point, I said you can do it drop tactical insertion move out get killed respawn move 2ft get your tags.
    Not saying that's what I do I saying you can it and surely it needs fixing as it's not right.

• Advertisement

does suiciding make your tags drop on KC?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

does suiciding make your tags drop on KC?
    No, only drop after an enemy kills you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Magill wrote: »
    :s

They use smaller screens for a few reasons, one being that well... they're smaller, cheaper + Easier to transport.

Other than that, it just depends how close you sit to your screen. Most people usually sit a good bit further from the TV than they would if they're on say a PC, a 17 inch screen isn't much use if your sitting way back on your sofa !
    Nah small monitors genuinely are better.

AdamD wrote: »
    Nah small monitors genuinely are better.

Explain how a smaller "TV" is better unless your a couple of foot from your TV. Im not talking about PC gaming here. Also, im not talking 50inch TV's here. 32in is perfect for how close i sit to the TV when playing. Any smaller and i'd have to sit closer.

Explain how a smaller "TV" is better unless your a couple of foot from your TV. Im not talking about PC gaming here. Also, im not talking 50inch TV's here. 32in is perfect for how close i sit to the TV when playing. Any smaller and i'd have to sit closer.

its all relative really, big tv if you sit further away, I have a 19" tv in my room and that suits me fine at its right at the foot of my bed so can either sit up or sprawl out and play, I played mw3 on a friends 42" and found it hard to get used to, had to keep flicking my eyes up to see the uav but on my own tv its right in my peripheral vision so can see it without directly looking at it. not that I'd say no to having a giant ass tv for playing games on lol

To play your absolute best, you'd want a small monitor and would want to be sitting close to it. Im obviously not saying its better to have a small monitor and sit the same distance away as you do from your 32 inch :rolleyes:

for the record I also play on a 32 inch.

its all relative really, big tv if you sit further away, I have a 19" tv in my room and that suits me fine at its right at the foot of my bed so can either sit up or sprawl out and play, I played mw3 on a friends 42" and found it hard to get used to, had to keep flicking my eyes up to see the uav but on my own tv its right in my peripheral vision so can see it without directly looking at it. not that I'd say no to having a giant ass tv for playing games on lol

Exactly, i guess you could say that you concentrate harder if you situp/closer to the screen, doesn't make it better tho.

I would defo find it hard playing on a 42" in my room, would have to be standing on a ladder outside !

To play your absolute best, you'd want a small monitor and would want to be sitting close to it. Im obviously not saying its better to have a small monitor and sit the same distance away as you do from your 32 inch :rolleyes:

for the record I also play on a 32 inch.

huh ? I thought you were gonna give me some technical reasons why its better, not just your opinion on what you'd play your absolute best on ! Sitting close just implies that your concentrating more on the game. There is absolutely no reason why you'd not play the same if the only differences in the monitor was the screen size and relative distance from the monitor, at least once you got used to it :) so yeah... smaller monitors aren't much much better.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

I play on a 32 inch and pan out on my bed a good bit away from the screen,totally relaxed I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Recently acquired a 37' tv and I'm still sitting on the edge of the couch screaming my head off, calling 'em all feckers and hewers!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

I play with a 42inch tv and sit roughly 6/7 feet away I have no probs do well enough then I play on the Xbox in the kitchen I have to get close to the tv it's a 19 incher and I play crap

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Spawns on Interchange are an absolute joke.

Cossax wrote: »
    Spawns on Interchange are an absolute joke.
    It's a weird map sometimes I do shyte and then sometimes I really do well, yesterday I think I got a really decent kd

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I've lost it playing this game, completely lost it :/

That feeling of not playing in ages, unmotivated and assassin galore. Ugh.

Playing ****e in all games since I returned though in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Had a game of dom on interchange earlier and jumped in half way through,on the receiving end of a spawn trap. After about 3 deaths spawned on c with the rest of the team and the brilliant players that they were, every single one of em ran back to A dom.
    The joy of playing with randomers.

I've lost it playing this game, completely lost it :/

That feeling of not playing in ages, unmotivated and assassin galore. Ugh.

Playing ****e in all games since I returned though in fairness.
    Mp7 and akimbo fmg's are great in a mood like that

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

gcgirl wrote: »
    Mp7 and akimbo fmg's are great in a mood like that

I have a MP7 try hard class and use it when needs be. But I couldn't aim with even that, yes the MP7 :o Same with the other guns. It's rustiness I know that, happened before numerous times. But reactions are so sluggish, not really the games fault.. but still, just gonna blame it nonetheless :P

Domination needs 5 second respawn delay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭ugglasdav

:confused: thats stupid, that would mean that if you were playing on your own and went up against a full party you would have not chance at all

• Advertisement

Incredibly short-sighted, you'd kill the game mode.

Domination is all about those few moments of careless abandon where 3 or 4 players pile on to B and cap it and don't worry about dying. You add in a delay and even more people will camp. Look at the difference in pace of games in capture(camp) the flag and domination and you'll see how bad it could be.

ugglasdav wrote: »
    :confused: thats stupid, that would mean that if you were playing on your own and went up against a full party you would have not chance at all

Stupid? It would greatly enhance the spawns as people wouldn't spawn behind you directly after you kill them and would make it FAR easier to capture flags.

Why would it make it harder if you're on your own? :S

edit:

Kill the game mode? lol yeah thats why any time domination or its equivalent on fps games played at a high level have always had respawn delay.

For the record I've played a lot of domination with 5 seconds respawn delay on mw3 so can actually form an opinion. Try it, then judge.

lol, comparing competitive to public is just... stupid. A delay in public dom wouldn't work. Its bad enough for noobs who get matched against teams as it is, having to sit there for probably half the game waiting to spawn would put them over the edge ! :P

It'd also make camping far worse !

lol, comparing competitive to public is just... stupid. A delay in public dom wouldn't work. Its bad enough for noobs who get matched against teams as it is, having to sit there for probably half the game waiting to spawn would put them over the edge ! :P

It'd also make camping far worse !

The problem with cod. Always caters for the 'noobs'.

Stupid? It would greatly enhance the spawns as people wouldn't spawn behind you directly after you kill them and would make it FAR easier to capture flags.

Why would it make it harder if you're on your own? :S

edit:

Kill the game mode? lol yeah thats why any time domination or its equivalent on fps games played at a high level have always had respawn delay.

For the record I've played a lot of domination with 5 seconds respawn delay on mw3 so can actually form an opinion. Try it, then judge.
    Your problem is with the spawns in general, not domination spawn delay. Don't know why you're talking about high level as if it's the be-all and end-all, it's a tiny portion of gamers which gets a disproportionate amount of attention.

Poor spawns are possible in domination/headquarters/tdm/kc/private games/etc, only s&d is immune to poor respawns.

Delaying a bad spawn will still spawn you badly. Spawning immediately will still spawn you badly.

It's nothing to do with tweeking time delay, it's about spawning problems in mw3 which applies to all game modes not just domination.

Considering most of the people that play the game are 'noobs', it makes sense. Its why competitive CoD has always been a joke really(imo), with the exception of CoD4 + CoD2 on PC.

• Advertisement

yimrsg wrote: »
    Your problem is with the spawns in general, not domination spawn delay. Don't know why you're talking about high level as if it's the be-all and end-all, it's a tiny portion of gamers which gets a disproportionate amount of attention.

Poor spawns are possible in domination/headquarters/tdm/kc/private games/etc, only s&d is immune to poor respawns.

Delaying a bad spawn will still spawn you badly. Spawning immediately will still spawn you badly.

It's nothing to do with tweeking time delay, it's about spawning problems in mw3 which applies to all game modes not just domination.
    I'm talking about a high level because that is where the game is played properly - in teams/everyone playing for the win and nothing else etc etc

Why I think the respawn delay would help in domination is because at the moment the spawns change far too often and without respawn delay the players have no time to anticipate where the opposition are going to be, making it a massive cluster****. It is also far easier to take B flags from the opposition when there is a respawn delay as you can kill 3/4 people then jump on it without worrying about loads of nades flying over.

My opinion.

Why is competitive cod a joke? lol, people are playing for thousands on pc/xbox.

Why is competitive cod a joke? lol, people are playing for thousands on pc/xbox.

Like i said, because theres absolutely no support from the developers, they don't care about the competitive community (Tho treyarch did try a wee bit). The only reason CoD4 was anyway suitable for competitive play on PC was because they let the community have the modding toolkit. No dedicated servers makes online play... silly, having to switch between hosts just to have it somewhat fair is a joke. I don't even think you could play BLOPs on lan with the xbox?

Think its one of the worst shooters for competitive gaming(Nothing to do with how many people play it competitively or how much is on offer at lan), just my opinion tho.

Like i said, because theres absolutely no support from the developers, they don't care about the competitive community (Tho treyarch did try a wee bit). The only reason CoD4 was anyway suitable for competitive play on PC was because they let the community have the modding toolkit. No dedicated servers makes online play... silly, having to switch between hosts just to have it somewhat fair is a joke. I don't even think you could play BLOPs on lan with the xbox?

Think its one of the worst shooters for competitive gaming, just my opinion tho.

Blops had LAN iirc, mw3 does not so they play it online at the events, which is very similar connection-wise. The gameplay can be made competitive just through rulesets and you can see by the massive increase in activity and LANs on xbox that cod is growing competitively. Obviously PC is still the optimum platform. Other games are more catered towards competitive play on PC, but not really on console.

There are dedicated servers available on xbox I think, that you have to pay for.

I'm talking about a high level because that is where the game is played properly - in teams/everyone playing for the win and nothing else etc etc
    tumblr_llaz7wtWxk1qictvto1_400.gif

I'm not even going to bother respond to you any more if that's how you start a post.

You need emptying because you're obviously full of yourself if that's your attitude towards other posters and how they haven't been playing properly.

Have you played a public game of domination on this? More often then not people don't 'play properly'. Get that chip off your shoulder.

• Advertisement

Blops had LAN iirc, mw3 does not so they play it online at the events, which is very similar connection-wise. The gameplay can be made competitive just through rulesets and you can see by the massive increase in activity and LANs on xbox that cod is growing competitively. Obviously PC is still the optimum platform. Other games are more catered towards competitive play on PC, but not really on console.

There are dedicated servers available on xbox I think, that you have to pay for.

I think any game can be made "competitive" through rulesets, but it still needs a lot of support from the developers to truely be a great competitive game. Either like how they did with CoD4 on PC, letting the community create a competitive mod that removes all the bull**** and random varibles that make for an imbalanced game or by actually getting involved and making the changes themselves. Removing perks / over + underpowered guns / Making snipers not only viable, but hugely important are just some of the things they HAD to do to make CoD4 competitive (And CoD4 is what a lot of people on here consider to be the most balanced of all the CoD games).

Capping framerates and giving the xbox priority with everything just adds salt to the wounds.

The biggest problem with competitive CoD is that they release a new game every year ! With a new game comes a whole host of problems that either take a long time to get fixed or don't get fixed at all.

The amount of people that actually play CoD you'd imagine it would have a huge following, at least something similar to SC2 or even halo, but it just falls way short as its not really that enjoyable to watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

can we just have an mlg/competitive thread?

honestly.....I think it would do this forum the world of good.

where the rest of us don't have to read their vomit inducing nonsence.

isnt that about 95% of people who play it? i'd include myself in that, now excuse me while I bow down to the almighty tryhard mlg'ers

isnt that about 95% of people who play it? i'd include myself in that, now excuse me while I bow down to the almighty tryhard mlg'ers

Excuse me while I try to hold an actual argument using logic, which apparently you can't do.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Thomasheen

Excuse me while I try to hold an actual argument using logic, which apparently you can't do.

I actually cant tell if you're trolling or not

207_not_sure_if_serious_4192.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

eople that think they're "beasts" in a connection based game.

Heres a backgound on my gaming career.......

cod4 eircom 1mg never got to host 2 bar most games 1kd
    mw2 " " " " " " " "
    black ops eircom 3 mg 1.5kd
    black ops upc 25mg host most games 3 kd
    mw3 4 bar 95% of the games......kd 2.5

You're playing on a connection based game, please please stop sucking each others cocks. You're no better that the guy you just killed, you just have a better connection than him.

Gob****es that use to think theres no such thing as host advantage rolleyes.gif

mw2 " " " " " " " "

You're playing on a connection based game, please please stop sucking each others cocks. You're no better that the guy you just killed, you just have a better connection than him.

I have never once on this forum made a post like this.

*awaits everybody to think its fine for him to post like that but any post which might in any tiny way construe elitism from me to be barraged with insults*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Just guna step in here before bad insults are thrown around, attack the post, not the poster.
    *awaits everybody to think its fine for him to post like that but any post which might in any tiny way construe elitism from me to be barraged with insults*

If you've a problem with posts, report them and a mod will take care of it.

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Just guna step in here before bad insults are thrown around, attack the post, not the poster.

If you've a problem with posts, report them and a mod will take care of it.

I've no problem with the moderation, just the posters that attack me for 'being arrogant', then say nothing when others post similarly.

mw2 " " " " " " " "

People generally get better the more they play a game in fairness... i never get host and when i do it lags the **** out of my PS3 and I beast at every FPS i play anyway ! Therefore i am the greatest.

• Advertisement
Advertisement