Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[CoD MW3] - Megabitch Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Best gun ever.
    Have you tried the new spas?

yeah its kinda pants :( thought the small maps would be made for shotties but they're not as powerful as they should be, 2 shots for a kill all the time. the AA12 is still the dogs bollocks though, it sounds like it does in MW2 in the mp, in the single player it sounds ****ing amazing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

OK couple of new complaints!

1 No Nuketown/Rust/Dome type small and simple type maps
    2 Gungame is nowhere near as good as it was in Black Ops, it plays full size maps no cordened off ones like in Black Ops and the final weapon is a joke no need for any kind of skill to shoot a rocket up in the air its going to hit someone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

First night of playing last night, started campaign played a bit of multiplayer and did a few special ops with the housemate.

The one main gripe I have with it is the way the online game looks, the lobby and menus, game summary screens etc they look old and dated and not nearly as polished and clear as those of MW2. was very disappointed with the whole look and feel, it seems unfinished and lazily designed.

The maps are very small (from the ones I have played), having played MW" for so long and going through all the gun I got used to sniping alot but there simply doesnt seem to be the room to get a good scope in. I don't want camping spots just more open spaces so that you when you scope youre not staring face to face with a wall.

campaign was mint though, graphics look pretty slick and its all go from the start!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭NinjaK

OK couple of new complaints!

1 No Nuketown/Rust/Dome type small and simple type maps
    2 Gungame is nowhere near as good as it was in Black Ops, it plays full size maps no cordened off ones like in Black Ops and the final weapon is a joke no need for any kind of skill to shoot a rocket up in the air its going to hit someone!

:confused:

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

NinjaK wrote: »
    :confused:

There was a map called Dome in COD World at War, I think he's referring to that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

Got slapped around the place on Dom last night in nearly every game :( having 2 team mates with a combined score of 500 after every game didnt help.

Not nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭battser

Played more MP last night have a good few hours clocked up now and I have to say the maps are just sh!te imo, they are even more frustrating than other modern warfare maps. Nowhere near as good as the blops maps. Other than that I like the game but the sh!t maps will stop me from playin it much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 768 ✭✭✭EIREHotspur

hightower1 wrote: »
    .... Shocking stuff. Never mention the terrible map design, have they ever heard of a little thing called flow of movement?

What they actually did was create 15+ maps that have no focal or choke points to focus the matches meaning games devolve into "here is a choice of three routes, take one and hope not to get side swiped ....OH TOO LATE.... here are three routes : wash rinse repeat".

I think you hit the nail on the head with whats wrong.
    Apart from the Paris and London Underground Maps the rest are no great shakes.

There are no battle lines and thats why everyone runs around like Free For All despite the gametype.
    Team Work is almost non existent.
    Like you said half the maps with more choke points would make the gameplay a bit more diverse, especially on the objective games like Demolition.

I liked the maps on MW2 far more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

krudler wrote: »
    which people complained were too overpowered.

not me though

*hugs SPAS* :pac:

This. God I love the SPAS-12!

Shammy wrote: »
    Got slapped around the place on Dom last night in nearly every game :( having 2 team mates with a combined score of 500 after every game didnt help.

Not nice.

I was in a couple of games last night with a guy who was the biggest camper ever, he was lying prone pointing his gun at a door, must have a look at it in theatre later and see just how much camping he did, one match he went 1-11.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Seems to be a bit harder to do well on your own (Win on your own basically) than blops was, maybe its just cause i've been sniping quite a bit tho or just some bad luck with really horrible teammates and being up against parties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Bad Points
    Menu system, lobby etc is crap
    "Player card" is crap. Probably some better version of this in Elite but since that never works, its also a point point.
    Quickscopers.
    Gun levelling system.
    The variety that they promised is almost non-existent. Do you want to pick this good perk, or one of the 4 other ones that serve no purpose?
    Spawn system is not great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Worst map in the game? The New York Stock Exchange map. My god if i fall down another ****ing hole in that map im gonna bate my wife

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

Very difficult to do well in this game playing solo, got destroyed many times in Domination last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

5hrs 51 mins to finish campaign playing at normal pace. Wasnt expecting it to be that short

The amount of people who just lie prone somewhere or head-glitch with Assassin and a Type 95 is a joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

JESUS CHRIST ARGGHGH!! Sorry, but the effing shotguns in this are useless!!!!
    It doesnt help that I have fallen in love with the kal tec ksg, looks and sounds the bees knees all the way up until you shoot someone with it.... then they slap their neck to squish that irritating mosquito and molest me with x2 pistol rounds. This is the second highest damage shottie there is? I lost count the amount of times I came across campers with magnums this evening , walked litterly to right beside them and shot point plank in the head to only get a hit marker and they spin about and down me with a ****ing pistol.

I came across another guy using an m4 with underslung shottie and even that was more powerful that the second most powerful dedicated shotgun in the game WTF?

sledgehammer..... YOU CANNOT BALANCE MP WEAPONS TO SAVE YOUR LIVES.
    I must actually find that clip on theater mode and post it up as a small example of how **** this is. Im sticking with it to unlock the damage proficiency to try redeem it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

mw2 and mw3 just take camping to a new level.

2s and 3s of people in buildings with heartbeat sensors and the likes, camping is a huge huge factor in mw2 and 3.

also there are some terrible maps in it, mw2s maps were class but there's more bad than good in mw3 it has to be said.

dome is possibly the worst small map from any cod, just a shocking map.

mw2 and mw3 just take camping to a new level.

2s and 3s of people in buildings with heartbeat sensors and the likes, camping is a huge huge factor in mw2 and 3.

also there are some terrible maps in it, mw2s maps were class but there's more bad than good in mw3 it has to be said.

dome is possibly the worst small map from any cod, just a shocking map.

While I (mostly) disagree on the level of camping in MW2, it's outrageous in MW3 though how much of that is the maps/everyone still a noob, I don't know.

Dome is an awful map OK, C Dom down that very dark bunker, the state of B Dom and the number of ways to attack A Dom is frightening - I can think of at least 4 routes to it and zero protection - hell you can be 'naded from the off, Summit style!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 284 ✭✭jackoire

Really pisssshed off at this game, if i paid 60e for it i would be highly insulted.
    Its like a cheap Korean PC free to play game, in so many ways.

The game is so UGLY, even worse than BLOPS (even at 5760x1080).
    Here's the list of why the game is the worst COD game to date.

1. Maps are awful (way too small and badly designed)
    2. Even on dedicated servers you cannot rank up.
    3. You spend half the time in lobby's.
    4. Game feels and looks worse than MW2.
    5. Mouse movement feels horrible, better off with a controller.
    6. Colors are drab and hard to make out enemy's.
    7. FOV is locked and looks horrible (with eyefinity the game is playable otherwise its sickening.
    8. Game is easily hacked since its P2P (rank hack, normal hacks all undetectable just like mw2)

So many other small things annoy me about the game.
    We will see people getting bored fast especially on PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Spike2010

TBH the only bad thing i have to say about this game (Xbox 360 wise) Is the spawns are abit crazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Maybe it's because I went from battlefield 3 to this but it's shocking how ugly this game is. I don't remember black ops looking this bad but maybe it did.

UGGG :(

yea I would say cod4 looks better, amazing considering how long cod4 has been out. I blame the theatre mode, they dropped the frame rate so they could record games, waste of time imo

• Registered Users Posts: 17 agentcrow

Well i gave up at rank 34 its not my cupa tea my nephew will get an early xmas prezzie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭tonsiltickler

I've played a ridiculous amount of cod4(22 days) and mw2(21 days). Both games are far better. Mw2 is just crazy; to this day it still amazes me whats possible in terms of crazy kills. You have a pretty good chance of winning with any gun.

Getting rid of stopping power was the worst thing they've ever done. It makes assasin/ghost way too powerful. If you ran cold blooded in mw2 you were at a large disadvantage w/o stopping power. Couple that with the crazy amount of uavs and broken spawn system and you have a broken game.

Proficiencies are annoying imo; I just want to pick up a gun and get my kill on, not wait until i earn kick etc..This game is playing like a treyarch game and its not fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,764 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Proficiencies do **** all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

waste of €104 rageing i pre ordered the elite to find out the game is **** guess im stuck with it too much to lose selling it after buying elite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭craze7

Playing against Irish people is cracking me up, biggest campers ever! I actually hate the sight of the Irish flag now! :D Also why does every body have Irish wrote somewhere in their gamertag?

Anyway, this game is shocking. So last night i thought i'd try out the riot shield because i thought it was one melee hit kill because i seen that in a video somewhere! Anyway its not but then i seen a proficiency for Melee so i thought maybe that gets you the one melee kill im after but again no! Which makes the riot shield useless again!

Also i played about 5 games with it and got about 3 messages calling me a pussy, even tho i was going about 10 - 5 every game with just the riot shield and the XM25 rocket launcher thing, which takes about 3 direct hits to kill one person might i add, this game is brutal!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭JoePie

Irish campers are getting my goat now. So many lads prone in doorways or corners. So many noobtubes as well. I'm getting great use out of Blast Shield, but the sheer volume of them coming at you are bound to kill.

@craze7: I get that it's a grenade launcher, but would you like to be dying every time a grenade was popped off out of it? Explosive damage reduction is across the board, or else I'd have about nine million grenade kills.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 768 ✭✭✭EIREHotspur

I like MW3 because of the sum of it's parts.

Its good to be able to switch between Campaign/Spec Ops Survival/Spec Ops Missions/Multiplayer.

I have always played COD but I have to admit that after the newness has worn off I will be playing BF3 Multiplayer a lot more.
    Their Campaign & Co-Op Missions are not as good as MW3 but Multiplayer has far more variety in gameplay to running around like Ben Johnson on speed.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

craze7 wrote: »
    Playing against Irish people is cracking me up, biggest campers ever! I actually hate the sight of the Irish flag now! :D Also why does every body have Irish wrote somewhere in their gamertag?

So true.

So many of them use Assassin too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

Criteria for playing this game
    1. Assassin Pro
    2. Type 95
    3. Camp in a corner
    4. Use Joint Ops as your logo

Hey guyz i smoke w33d and i dont care who knows.

Criteria for playing this game
    1. Assassin Pro
    2. Type 95
    3. Camp in a corner
    4. Use Joint Ops as your logo

Hey guyz i smoke w33d and i dont care who knows.

They want people to know cause they think it makes them look cool

spider_pig wrote: »
    waste of €104 rageing i pre ordered the elite to find out the game is **** guess im stuck with it too much to lose selling it after buying elite.

This is exactly why people thinking elite is a great thing astounds me?!
    I was standing in line and Game staff were trying to flog elite to punters waiting in que. People were eating it out of their hand and paying over 100bucks for extras on a game no one had reviewed and none of them had played???? WTF? Where did the consumers common sense go?

Not only that but buying into elite says to activision that people are more than willing to accepting paying a subscription fee for COD..... I mean talk about giving them a green light for a pay monthly COD title like!

Rule of thumb is never ever buy overthe odds for something you have never used or seen used 1st hand. Never ever lay the foundations for plans that will one day work against you and mark my words.... elite IS the first step into a pay monthly COD - so a big thanks to those who bought in, you've screwed us all over.

(Not aimed at you specifically mate)

At worst case , you've kinda leared a harsh lesson thanks to Bobby Kotick

kotick.jpg

• Advertisement

They want people to know cause they think it makes them look cool

Answer: children and early teens.

Related:

reality.jpg

Besides Dome these set of maps are the worst ever in a cod game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

This game is insanely hard online. I was ok at Black Ops, about a 1.14 K/D ratio...but I'm just getting absolutely violated online. I seem to lose every single 50/50.

Every time I play TDM, all my team seem to be negative, and the other guys are like 25-2, 17-3....

Struggling badly.

Well thats it for me. Got to level 55 and ive just had enough. The bad maps combined with the high dmg weapons, plus the spawns is just ridiculous. Im no bad player by any stretch of the imagination but rushing in this game is suicidal and i cannot camp for the life of me. In BLOPS its possible to rush and do really well (2.40 K/D herp derp) but MW3 is beyond frustrating. There is always someone spawning behind you and shooting you in the back. Which is a shame to be honest cause i really like what they did with strike packages and the maps aint actually that bad, IF we had BLOPS guns with RECOIL and no built in stoping power. Roll on next Nov for Treyarchs next game :D Although before i trade it in i will play through the campaign as i have heard good things about it...

Just thought you would all want to know

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Thomasheen

Rooney10 wrote: »
    This game is insanely hard online. I was ok at Black Ops, about a 1.14 K/D ratio...but I'm just getting absolutely violated online. I seem to lose every single 50/50.

Every time I play TDM, all my team seem to be negative, and the other guys are like 25-2, 17-3....

Struggling badly.

This game is heavily connection based more so than any other cod. I have never lagged so bad its so annoying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Eoin087

What's the deal with the connection? I'm lagging to the point where it's unbearable to play, yet I've always got 3 or 4 bars :mad::confused: please tell me this something they can fix?
    Been a huge fan of cod since cod4 and bought the new one every year since, think this will be my last tho! :(

Thomasheen wrote: »
    This game is heavily connection based more so than any other cod. I have never lagged so bad its so annoying

try turning off theatre mode

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

lagging to bits me self here putting x amount of bullets into people and they don't die lags and they end up killing me

fooking typical, turn off theatre mode, lag improves, get great games and no way of uploading clips, got both a collateral and empty a full sniper mag without missing on the same match :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

PVR PVR PVR ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Anyone else have serious lag even with full signal?

Duff wrote: »
    Anyone else have serious lag even with full signal?

yeah its all over the place at the mo, even the menus are laggy :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

My first few games were grand but last few hours have been the pits! Just noticed my NAT has gone to strict too :(

STILL trying to get to max level with the ksg. Just to prove IW and sledgehammer cannot balance weapons in a MP game and also to show im not lying when I say I get hitmarkers a stupid close range here is a pic (no screenshot or clip cause elite is still ****ed, had to go lo tech on this one). Look at this, one foot away with a square on headshot and a hitmarker.... this is ALL...THE....TIME.

The second shot put him down but this just apptimized how innept these devs are at balancing weapons, pistols have more power than this. Shotguns need to be patched so badly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,764 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Shotguns are for ******s anyway

• Advertisement
Advertisement