Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[CoD MW3] - Megabitch Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

k some stuff is beginning to piss me off now.

sick of being thrown into almost over games, why cant they make it that if the next game you're being thrown into is gone over the mdiway point you just skip to the next new game? I'd rather wait in the finding game lobby and start afresh and get a feel for the match instead of being lobbed into a domination game where my team is losiing 100-180 and there's a ton of air support up, you cant get into those games as you have no idea what way the other team are playing so just ride it out until it ends and hope you dont get hammered in the process.

shotguns are sh1te, need a beef up, no point having them as a primary if they need two shots to drop people

attack choppers are way overpowered, they wreck the place and nobody bothers shooting them down, I dont run blind eye prefer SOH so its a pain trying to shoot them down.

spawning is a pain in the balls at times, I've spawning into an enemies line of fire more than once, stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

krudler wrote: »

sick of being thrown into almost over games, why cant they make it that if the next game you're being thrown into is gone over the mdiway point you just skip to the next new game? I'd rather wait in the finding game lobby and start afresh and get a feel for the match instead of being lobbed into a domination game where my team is losiing 100-180 and there's a ton of air support up, you cant get into those games as you have no idea what way the other team are playing so just ride it out until it ends and hope you dont get hammered in the process.

shotguns are sh1te, need a beef up, no point having them as a primary if they need two shots to drop people

attack choppers are way overpowered, they wreck the place and nobody bothers shooting them down, I dont run blind eye prefer SOH so its a pain trying to shoot them down.

spawning is a pain in the balls at times, I've spawning into an enemies line of fire more than once, stupid.

Happened to 2 of us earlier on, we had just spawned about a half second before we were both cut down with fire. :mad:

Are you joking? They're a one-shot kill! You don't even need blind eye..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Same, now I was in love with this game up until tonight, one of the most frustrating gaming nights I've ever had, mainly because of the reasons you already listed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Rojomcdojo wrote: »
    Are you joking? They're a one-shot kill! You don't even need blind eye..

They've 1 flare at least, they never got shot down in one for me.

Leeg17 wrote: »

One stinger/javelin takes it down on xbox for sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Yup, 1 shot to kill the attack heli for me too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

Great patch, this game is a shambles lol.
    Too many things to list.

IW are better than treyarch :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Early stages yet and I'm by no means making my mind up on it. From what I've played so far 5-10 games it seems that every game turns into a bit of a cluster ****.

Some awful lag spikes going on too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Haven't bought it yet am i wasting my time thinking about it

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

LakesKeane wrote: »
    Early stages yet and I'm by no means making my mind up on it. From what I've played so far 5-10 games it seems that every game turns into a bit of a cluster ****.

Some awful lag spikes going on too

All true.

Gotta admit, it's a bit funny how MW3 is getting less stick for similar problems to what BOPS suffered early on ie: lag (MW3 being far, far, far worse than BOPS ever was as was MW2 for me personally), party system slow, spawn points is ****e, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Thomasheen

I think I'm done with mw3 until the lag gets fixed. Its actually impossible yo play right now. Shame really. I really like the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

AdamD wrote: »
    Shotguns are for ******s anyway

How in the name of fcuk does this comment not get edited? I replied to a comment with the slowpoke meme having a laugh after someone point out stopping power not being included 3 months after the fact and it gets edited for being not constructive? - yet THIS goes on just fine and IS constructive?! WTF mods?! Consistency failure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Leeg17 wrote: »

With the first launcher it takes 3 shots, one to activate the flare the other 2 to bring it down. Piece of crap i need to unlock the stinger asap.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Any1 getting that "out of memory error" when trying to view a game in their vault?
    I thought the patch was meant to fix that on the ps3.

• Advertisement

Rojomcdojo wrote: »
    One stinger/javelin takes it down on xbox for sure

havent got the stinger unlocked yet, using the free fire/lock on one, the first one you get

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

the amount of irish sh1theads is unreal.If i see one more xXcelticBhoyXx with IRA as there clan tag,i'll go full retard!

is there anyway of getting put on severs further afield?

Lag can be bit too frequent for my liking,but its not game breaking yet.

the spawn points again can be a bit ropey.hopefully they will sort that out soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

People bitch about lag and when match making gets sorted they bitch about getting matched locally :confused: what difference does it make what clan tag or GT they have FFS

IPAM wrote: »
    People bitch about lag and when match making gets sorted they bitch about getting matched locally :confused: what difference does it make what clan tag or GT they have FFS

the clan tag thing,it makes me embarrassed to be irish.One simpleton doing it aint too bad,but when every 2nd fuktard is at it I find it annoying.

This is the megabitch thread so people can bitch about what ever they want ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

IPAM wrote: »

Lynx I think he is referring to the tactics of these little sh1theads. Lying prone all over the shop, trying for 360 no scopes off every ledge. So annoying

Assassin is ridiculous. Why oh why didnt they make the advanced UAV like the blackbird and make everyone show up regardless of perks used. Is it possible for them to change it.

Sniping is a joke. What sniper in there right mind runs around with a weapon the length of their body and still manages to raise it up and get off a shot before most people have a change to react. Their trying to please the 14 years old quickscopers who legally should not be playing the game(regi raiting 18)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,764 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

If they quick-scoped you, they would have been able to kill you with every other weapon in the game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

Knuting Campers are f***ing doing my head in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Herrick

Why in the name of God would someone destroy a teammates killstreak or support streak? :confused: I've seen so many do this.

would have been able to kill you with every other weapon in the game

not true.no other gun will kill you with 1 bullet.

havent seen too many snipers acting the maggot.Most of them are sh1te at it thank god:pac:

Herrick wrote: »
    Why in the name of God would someone destroy a teammates killstreak or support streak? :confused: I've seen so many do this.

Didnt know you could take out your own support with launchers??

Lab_Mouse wrote: »
    not true.no other gun will kill you with 1 bullet.

havent seen too many snipers acting the maggot.Most of them are sh1te at it thank god:pac:

:rolleyes: If the guy has the time to quick scope you up close, he inevitably would have killed you with an smg/ar too, which take less time to zoom and kill you in 2 bullets anyway. Fact is, if they were to not quick scope, they would get better scores. It really isn't something to moan about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

If they quick-scoped you, they would have been able to kill you with every other weapon in the game

Exactly !!!! And for every other 10 times the quickscoper misses you, if they'd been using a AR/SMG you'd probably have died 5 or 6 of those times !! Logic !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

I'm just saying its unrealistic

maybe if you were facing away from them.

The first bullet from an ar/smg wont kill you.and getting the first hit in doesnt guarantee you coming out on top in 1vs1 situation imho.Cos if it did I'd probably have a lot healthier K/D ratio in the the other CODs:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

redman85 wrote: »
    I'm just saying its unrealistic

Awkkk sure when has realism got in the way of gaming ! :P

• Advertisement

I'm talking about someone running up-to a teammates SAM turret/sentry gun/etc and knifing it.

I'm talking about someone running up-to a teammates SAM turret/sentry gun/etc and knifing it.

still didnt know you could do that:eek:

that type of offense defo deserves death by fist!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

There is usually your flag above it which should deter anyone from doing their own team equipment in, though kids haven't a clue and just wreck it

I didnt think you could destroy your own equipment? you couldnt in MW2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Okay. I finnaly putted it in Xbox. I have to say that it looks like **** on pc, but holy **** Xbox takes the glory there...

On the other note: noob tune was the bane of mw2... Now I deffenetly wasn't drunk, but I think I sow some sort of automatic/semi automatic noob tube?!?! Fella just raped everyone with it....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Connection is terrible on the PS3. Lagging with everyone on 4 bars. The games stuttering and lagging for no reason every match. And how is everyone on a 1 bar connection? I'll forgive the other problems if this sh!t is fixed.

Jet Black wrote: »
    Connection is terrible on the PS3. Lagging with everyone on 4 bars. The games stuttering and lagging for no reason every match. And how is everyone on a 1 bar connection? I'll forgive the other problems if this sh!t is fixed.

cant figure that out either,surely someone has to have a 4 bar if they're hosting?

still didnt know you could do that:eek:

that type of offense defo deserves death by fist!!

It only works in hardcore mode.

But yes, I have started summary executions on any teammates who I spot doing it, especially if its mine :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

Ah until I lock assassin then this game is a pointless exercise, just UAV and advanced UAV in the air constantly and when you're seemingly the only one trying to shoot it down then it becomes very annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

The menu system is a pile of balls. I much preferred the BLOPS one.

Also, the sound effect when someone captures a flag or sends in air support sounds like a bullet ricocheting somewhere near me and its very distracting. There is no need for it.

hightower1 wrote: »
    How in the name of fcuk does this comment not get edited? I replied to a comment with the slowpoke meme having a laugh after someone point out stopping power not being included 3 months after the fact and it gets edited for being not constructive? - yet THIS goes on just fine and IS constructive?! WTF mods?! Consistency failure.

Your post doesn't warrant a reply, but I'm going to anyways.

Your post was dealt with as deemed necessary - a simple edit of your post, by me, for inferring a poster was 'slow'.

The steps same took place with the poster above - in this case an infraction for insulting other members, by Ade, as he deemed appropriate.

If you've anything else to say take it to the DRP forum.

Back on topic, thanks.

-snip-

-snip-

Your post clearly means you didn't understand the infraction the first time, post that again and you're getting a ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

what game you playing doesn't work on mine :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

spider_pig wrote: »
    what game you playing doesn't work on mine :confused:

In core in MW2 you can destroy your own UAV/Harrier etc. so I presume that's the same in BO and MW3. Fairly sure you can't do anything to your own team-mates' though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Hate when your not playing in a full party and you get someone on your team who thinks hes the next grizz, and your playing kill confirmed! At least go into TDM or something just not KC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

the amount of irish sh1theads is unreal.If i see one more xXcelticBhoyXx with IRA as there clan tag,i'll go full retard!

is there anyway of getting put on severs further afield?

Lag can be bit too frequent for my liking,but its not game breaking yet.

the spawn points again can be a bit ropey.hopefully they will sort that out soon.

great game just terrible lag as everyone says,does turning theatre off make that much a diffrence? how come black ops didnt have that trouble then,, & the chat is as bad if not worse than mw2,, fix those 2 things & its another great COD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 200 ✭✭baldymac

more lag and just more lag or it is just me i dont think so

my friend from ireland i cant hear properly but i can clearly head a a guy from america

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭NinjaK

Anyone that bought the Hardened etd, were you able to download the free Animated theme? Its still wont let me:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 768 ✭✭✭EIREHotspur

I never believed I would get tired of Call Of Duty but after playing Black Ops cartoon offering less than any other COD game I really looked forward to Modern Warfare 3.

Got to say I must be really fatigued because so far I don't think I will ever get close to half the amount of time I spent playing MW2.

• Advertisement
Advertisement