Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[CoD MW3] - Megabitch Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭tonsiltickler

The maps are really annoying, no good lines of sight anywhere. It seems like predator missiles have too little time in the air, and with all the buildings everyhwere the agm and ac130 are pretty useless.

Back to mw2 for a bit to do some spas-ing about!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

Bah. They have figured out how to put button symbols (A, B, X, Y, LT, RT) into their Clan tag. Now every 12 year old attention wh*** in a 10 mile radius has it on and it is a pain to look at in the killfeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

Lads that snipe down the streets on Bakarra is getting old already, not too mention the amount of camping in general, particularly by Irish players im ashamed to say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Only picked it up yesterday and have to say the multiplayer is an absolute mess at the moment.
    Lag is just pot luck,the connection bars don't seem to mean anything and the amount of lads that just skidded off without moving their legs when I start shooting at them........ :(

It also doesn't have the modern warfare feel to it,can't quite put my finger on what it is,maybe its the maps,they don't seem to have many busy areas and everyone seems to be spread out all over the place.

Spawning is probably the biggest problem at the minute.
    Kill someone,run off,they spawn behind you,you die.
    So many times on killcam you see yourself killing the lad that's just killed you.

Bring on the patches and hurry the **** up with them.
    I've given up on Battlefield until that gets patched for PS3.......and now this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Have they any patches in the works ?? I know people defended them last time because of the whole IW split up.. but surely they should have had some patches out by now ?

Magill wrote: »
    Have they any patches in the works ?? I know people defended them last time because of the whole IW split up.. but surely they should have had some patches out by now ?
    It was understandable they didn't patch MW2(I think they did eventually patch the rock glitch eventually after MW3 was announced) but this is a different story,they really should be on top of every issue as soon as they can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Magill wrote: »

Theres been a patch on xbox already

iMuse wrote: »
    Theres been a patch on xbox already

Are there some patch notes ?

Won't get to play the game again till next week anywho, just hopefully its a bit more stable by then (Its probably just my connection at home, keep getting big 2/3 sec lag spikes). And hopefully they buff the shotguns and whatever else needs fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

Simple solution to camping, get rid of K/D in the leaderboards. That's all you hear a lot of players go on about. If this wasn't recorded there wouldn't be as much lying in bushes with AA-12's. COD has become so mainstream and competitive that people are stressing over their stats. Even if there was a game mode where no stats are recorded, then I bet you'll have less camping.

JokerD wrote: »
    Simple solution to camping, get rid of K/D in the leaderboards. That's all you hear a lot of players go on about. If this wasn't recorded there wouldn't be as much lying in bushes with AA-12's. COD has become so mainstream and competitive that people are stressing over their stats. Even if there was a game mode where no stats are recorded, then I bet you'll have less camping.

The whole stats obsession with stats in cod is crazy, people whinging over their K/D's and W/L's is ridiculous. Removing it from leaderboards won't really stop the problem tho, the only way people will stop caring so much over their stats is if there are none... and even then you would still get campers.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

JokerD wrote: »

Should just have caps and defends/ plants and defuses as well as the score.

Should just have caps and defends/ plants and defuses as well as the score.

Yep, the focus on K/D would then turn into team focus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 306 ✭✭RebelSniper

I speak for everyone when I say this...
    EFFIN LAGG!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

EFFIN LAGG!
    Lag is terrible for me tonight too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Always getting lag on UPC and Xbox live. Liking some of the maps but the lag is killing it for me.

EFFIN LAGG!

IT'S ALL TREYARCH'S FAULT

thumbs-up.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭george67

krudler wrote: »
    k some stuff is beginning to piss me off now.

sick of being thrown into almost over games, why cant they make it that if the next game you're being thrown into is gone over the mdiway point you just skip to the next new game? I'd rather wait in the finding game lobby and start afresh and get a feel for the match instead of being lobbed into a domination game where my team is losiing 100-180 and there's a ton of air support up, you cant get into those games as you have no idea what way the other team are playing so just ride it out until it ends and hope you dont get hammered in the process.

THIS DRIVES ME MAD TOO!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Trying to get the damage proficiency for the Spas is a chore

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

fjsanchez wrote: »

Its worth it though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

i got one patch/download for the ps3. I didnt notice any problems playing though but think that the game is really set up for the states in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

server connection timed out :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Maps destroy this game. 90% of kills come down to whoever got the best headglitch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,057 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Stupid that when you prestige you don't get any extra custom class slots, you have to waste your prestige tokens buying them :(

AdamD wrote: »
    Maps destroy this game. 90% of kills come down to whoever got the best headglitch

Agree with this 100%, Arkaden is very well designed but other than that.....

Was going to save this for a week after thread. But I just wanted to post it now but in lesser detail than what I intended.

Long story short, I'm just not enjoying the game. Between my aim seemingly having disappeared after my 3 month COD break pre-release, fairly consistent lag if not jumping up and down from 1-3 bar during a match a handful of times and lack of motivation playing COD I just cannot get into the game but what I've properly experienced I have not liked.

Maybe that will change with time. I'm not sure on this one. Enjoyed BOPS far more despite Famas and Ghost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Aggggh.... just lost 4 hours of play this evening. After finishing up with online, went to Elite, then Spec Ops and finally back to Multiplayer and everything was gone :mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Jev/N wrote: »
    Aggggh.... just lost 4 hours of play this evening. After finishing up with online, went to Elite, then Spec Ops and finally back to Multiplayer and everything was gone :mad::mad:

CFC lost a couple hours earlier and me n Elkat lost a few hours during the week, gettin a bit much at this stage :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Spike2010

There is noway this game is better than Black Ops. There is more camping in this and everyone is just out for KDR! I'm actually glad i'm no good at this least i'm having abit of fun, weather i go 1-100 or 5-4. Some people take these games way too serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

Im still 50/50 on this game but tbh thats dissapointing after spending €100 on it,, if they fix the lag it might be fine but as it is im going back to Black Ops... good solid maps & no lagging & good online play .. despite it not seeming to be fashionable to say so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭LaVail

Ok so I didn't read most of this thread because I just got here...Not enjoying MW3 at all so far, thought it would grow on me but it hasn't yet. Looking back on when blops came out I couldn't stop playing. Even though many hate it and it has it's faults it had nice maps and was action packed...Fast forward to MW3...

1. Connection seems to be brutal, even worse than black ops. When I fire 4 or 5 bullets at a guy and then he kills me, when I see the kill cam it looks like I didn't even fire my gun.

2. Maps...they couldn't be any worse than they are...too big...too many alleys, buildings, burning cars, windows, I don't know where to look half the time and in general the maps look awful...with maybe one or two exceptions.

3. The spawns!! Have you lads seen the cut of this s**t? Kill some fella and he spawns right behind you and shoots you in the back? Yesterday I was playing dom and actually spawned right into a flash bang and got shot ffs. What were the developers thinking?
    COD should have a public beta and be properly tested but no...they roll out a half arsed attempt.

4. No unlimited sprint!! The maps are huge and we have to run 3 steps, walk 3 steps and then run three steps again, god almighty!

5. Bought the game the day it was released and still not able to get on elite, what a load of ****e.

6. Every night I end up playing with the same Irish lads, while thats grand, i'd still like it to be like blops where you were gaming with people from all over the world.

7. Stop with the buttons in clan tags lads...They are banning people using them, twas grand looking at them the first day but now everyone is using them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

Sprinting is extreme conditioning, I spawned the other day and a bouncing betty caught me with in a second

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭tonsiltickler

I dont like the way I have to play to be succesful in this game. Rushing is a big no no. If you want to do decently you have to forget about the sprint button entirely.

Its preventing me from rushing which is the only way I really know how to play. the maps I find are really big but clustered with buildings. No long lines of sight anywhere. I keep getting stuck in corners and bumping into my own teammates.

Its so frustrating, i haven't had a session yet that I haven't come away from pissed off.

LaVail wrote: »

6. Every night I end up playing with the same Irish lads, while thats grand, i'd still like it to be like blops where you were gaming with people from all over the world.

An interesting point and one that I whole totally agree with. Since I have internet that is 89% slower than the rest of Ireland(!), and with the general lag issues I have in MW3 I'm fairly ****ed against Irish players who from what I can see are 4 bar in the majority. I'm lucky when I get 3 bar in this game, so an Irish lobby which all too regular sucks.

At least in BOPS and COD4 I occasionally had the advantage, or it was on a similar connection to the majority of people I was up against.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭Eldoco

I HATE EMP'S!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is my only gripe so far

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Wow you'd swear that, because we are seeing a higher % of Irish players in games, you'd have less idiots. Alas, no.

[ACE] guys are morons for a start.

The amount of lads playing Kill Confirmed who either don't know/don't care about the fact you have to pick up the fcuking tags is unreal. Pick them up to win the game!!!!

Other than that, will be on the Sunshine page alot more than on here. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

fjsanchez wrote: »

Maxed out the KSG myself , was a labour of love and 2 days of getting bitch slapped around each map but in the end you'll find the range prof with steadyaim and grip have the same effect as the damage prof. It reduces the spread meaning more damage on target as a side effect with the addition oif giving you longer range than usual.

May try max out the spas now but wanna take a few days of actually winning again! ;)

What a big broken pile of ****e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Wow you'd swear that, because we are seeing a higher % of Irish players in games, you'd have less idiots. Alas, no.

[ACE] guys are morons for a start.

The amount of lads playing Kill Confirmed who either don't know/don't care about the fact you have to pick up the fcuking tags is unreal. Pick them up to win the game!!!!

Other than that, will be on the Sunshine page alot more than on here. :D

people robbing your tags is annoying, fair enough if its fair distance away and you snipe a guy or die before you grab it then work away, get the tag, I do it if theres no teammates around and the enemy is going for it. but when you shoot someone and a team mate blatantly tries to take the tag in front of you is annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

krudler wrote: »
    people robbing your tags is annoying, fair enough if its fair distance away and you snipe a guy or die before you grab it then work away, get the tag, I do it if theres no teammates around and the enemy is going for it. but when you shoot someone and a team mate blatantly tries to take the tag in front of you is annoying.

Krudler a teammate picking up your tags gets you both XP so it can be beneficial for the two of you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

OK, after nearly a week playing this I have some major problems, most that can and probably will be easily fixed but at least one of them wont.

1. Spawning, Spawning and Spawning. Now this is regularly an issue for a new COD but this really takes the biscuit. It just seems to spawn people in random places no matter what the gametype. You always have to look behind you because there is probably somebody who's just spawned there. This should be fixed soon by a patch though.

2. Health. The amount of health you have has gone back to MW2 levels which wasn't unexpected but is very unwelcome after Blops. There's no way of getting out of a one on one unless you win the initial gun battle. This is something that wont be fixed at all...

3. The Type 95 Assault Rifle. Why they have to put an overpowered burst fire rifle in every game is beyond me, and in this one they decide that you can put rapid fire on them. This hasn't been a huge problem so far but as people level up it will start to creep in and it'll become like the FAMAS in the previous 2 games.

4. Elite. I got it for the DLC but I'd like it to actually work and even though I don't care about the stats, I'd like to see them. Also I never got the 2 hours double XP that I was supposed to afaik or the title and emblem I've seen some people with. Am I supposed to do something other than put the code into XBL?

5. Maps. I still haven't warmed to them after my intial disappointment with them. They aren't helped by the spawning outlined above but they are a maze and really don't suit any style of play other than camping.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

Liam O wrote: »
    OK, after nearly a week playing this I have some major problems, most that can and probably will be easily fixed but at least one of them wont.

1. Spawning, Spawning and Spawning. Now this is regularly an issue for a new COD but this really takes the biscuit. It just seems to spawn people in random places no matter what the gametype. You always have to look behind you because there is probably somebody who's just spawned there. This should be fixed soon by a patch though.

2. Health. The amount of health you have has gone back to MW2 levels which wasn't unexpected but is very unwelcome after Blops. There's no way of getting out of a one on one unless you win the initial gun battle. This is something that wont be fixed at all...

3. The Type 95 Assault Rifle. Why they have to put an overpowered burst fire rifle in every game is beyond me, and in this one they decide that you can put rapid fire on them. This hasn't been a huge problem so far but as people level up it will start to creep in and it'll become like the FAMAS in the previous 2 games.

4. Elite. I got it for the DLC but I'd like it to actually work and even though I don't care about the stats, I'd like to see them. Also I never got the 2 hours double XP that I was supposed to afaik or the title and emblem I've seen some people with. Am I supposed to do something other than put the code into XBL?

5. Maps. I still haven't warmed to them after my intial disappointment with them. They aren't helped by the spawning outlined above but they are a maze and really don't suit any style of play other than camping.

The Type 95 is nuts, it's like a sniper rifle, way too powerful.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Shakeyspears

I knew as soon as I unlocked the Type 95 that it would be the gun that people complain about. In a game with so many different guns with each one having to be different, one of them is going to come out on top.

It's promising to see that they apparently patched the Spas-12 with that patch that came on the xbox. So this will probably mean that they will improve/tone-down the effect of different guns/killstreaks so long as they get enough of a back lash.

That Arkaden map is getting on my nerves a little

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

hightower1 wrote: »
    Maxed out the KSG myself , was a labour of love and 2 days of getting bitch slapped around each map but in the end you'll find the range prof with steadyaim and grip have the same effect as the damage prof. It reduces the spread meaning more damage on target as a side effect with the addition oif giving you longer range than usual.

May try max out the spas now but wanna take a few days of actually winning again! ;)

So would you say the KSG is decent now? I maxed outthe spas,was thinkin about the doing the model 1887 next but mite do the KSG

Is the type95 really THAT overpowered though? Someone killing you with it could have probably done the same with a barrett etc

Is it any more OP than my FAD which is able to put 40 bullets in a complete straight line in about 3 seconds?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Shakeyspears

It isn't that overpowered. It is just a strong gun and people will tend to use it more and then complainers will complain that it is killing them too often. It takes five bullets at range to kill. In the range that they could kill you in three bullets; you could also kill them with any of the SMGs.

It is by far the most balanced COD yet. Everything has a viable counter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

any one else find the score boards really annoying?
    where are the details of captures/defends/kills confirmed/denied?

i thought they were encouraging team play, rather that just KD??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

After all the complaining by people about the sniper rifles and QS, I decided to give 'em ago having already had some experience in COD4 and MW2.

Holy ****, the amount of hitmarkers I got aiming at the head or upper chest was ridiculous! And I wasn't bothering with QS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,161 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

It isn't that overpowered. It is just a strong gun and people will tend to use it more and then complainers will complain that it is killing them too often. It takes five bullets at range to kill. In the range that they could kill you in three bullets; you could also kill them with any of the SMGs.

It is by far the most balanced COD yet. Everything has a viable counter.

Apart from Assassin Pro...

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭swampyk08

everlast75 wrote: »
    Apart from Assassin Pro...

I thought the Advanced UAV counters it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

redman85 wrote: »
    Krudler a teammate picking up your tags gets you both XP so it can be beneficial for the two of you.

....but its my tag :(

ha I didnt even realise, that'll tell you how fast paced it is when you're getting xp and dont realise why :pac: does someone else picking up your tag count towards your pointstreak or theirs? I must play Kill confirmed more, been mostly playing demolition and domination to rank up. does quitting games reset xp? not the ps3 equivalent of dashboarding but just leaving the game after a fwe seconds or whatever, I'd say all last night I started one game in a lobby, the rest I was just thrown into half over games and hammered.

Advertisement