Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[CoD MW3] - Megabitch Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Shakeyspears

everlast75 wrote: »
    Apart from Assassin Pro...

You are sacrificing a lot of good red perks to go with assassin pro. The spawn systems is bananas so Assasin is a bit redundant.
    picture the scene: You and you Assassin sneak up behind two enemies. Accompanied by your Type 95(silencer and rapid fire), you dispatch the two foes with relative ease but both spawn around the next corner. They pop a cap in your ass and tea-bag you unmercilessly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    So would you say the KSG is decent now? I maxed outthe spas,was thinkin about the doing the model 1887 next but mite do the KSG

I would say its usable now but thats about it. Your not going to be topping leader boards by anymeans. about 50% of the tme its one hit kill and the other 50% its two hit. Bear in mind most average players or above will take you out if the first hit doesnt down them so building streaks is very difficult. most games usually devolve into "kill one, get killed, kill one , get killed". Its still fun to use as you have to think differently about how you play but if you have the spas maxed I wouldnt say you'll see much of a differnce between the KSG and that. From my use of both there is next to nothing in the difference - seeing as the proficiencies and attachments are identical for each that comparative level will remain between both guns. The mag size is larger on the ksg but given the fact that you'll prob get killed before the tube runs dry it hardly seems like a dfinitive factor to pick it.

The damage stats are slightly higher for the KSG but in my use I really could see that being reflected in actual play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,764 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Assassin is far from redundant. Its probably the most used perk on this game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

LaVail wrote: »
    Ok so I didn't read most of this thread because I just got here...Not enjoying MW3 at all so far, thought it would grow on me but it hasn't yet. Looking back on when blops came out I couldn't stop playing. Even though many hate it and it has it's faults it had nice maps and was action packed...Fast forward to MW3...

1. Connection seems to be brutal, even worse than black ops. When I fire 4 or 5 bullets at a guy and then he kills me, when I see the kill cam it looks like I didn't even fire my gun.

2. Maps...they couldn't be any worse than they are...too big...too many alleys, buildings, burning cars, windows, I don't know where to look half the time and in general the maps look awful...with maybe one or two exceptions.

3. The spawns!! Have you lads seen the cut of this s**t? Kill some fella and he spawns right behind you and shoots you in the back? Yesterday I was playing dom and actually spawned right into a flash bang and got shot ffs. What were the developers thinking?
    COD should have a public beta and be properly tested but no...they roll out a half arsed attempt.

4. No unlimited sprint!! The maps are huge and we have to run 3 steps, walk 3 steps and then run three steps again, god almighty!

5. Bought the game the day it was released and still not able to get on elite, what a load of ****e.

6. Every night I end up playing with the same Irish lads, while thats grand, i'd still like it to be like blops where you were gaming with people from all over the world.

7. Stop with the buttons in clan tags lads...They are banning people using them, twas grand looking at them the first day but now everyone is using them.

The two points in bold are the only two I agreed with. They should've expected this demand for Elite.

1. Connection on the xbox is perfectly fine imo, everyone seems to be on constant 4 bars because of the generally local host. I mean, I almost always get constant 4 bars on the 360, and this is the beast internet that I'm rocking:

1591888622.png

Awh yaaaaaa :pac:

On the PS3 side however, its a different story. So many frame rate issues which need to be patched, it's a broken product really.

2. Maps? Too big? Need I say more? And if you are getting lost in them, you just aren't familiar with them yet (I thought they were daunting at first too).

3. I think IW were going for this fast paced spawn system idea, that you get straight back into the action after you die, like COD4's. No doubt they have over done it but it will probably get patched as most COD games suffer something like this problem in the first week of release.

4. TBH with the small size of the maps, there isn't really a need for unlimited sprint. I have a feeling they got rid of it to stop chancers from running around with tactical knives and the Speed proficiency.

6. I kinda know what you're getting at, but tbh it doesn't phase me, and most people I know, as long as I get a good connection. Though Irish players really are camping pricks!

Honestly, it's like people feel they have to be annoyed with this game, even making up fake problems! I'm not gonna pretend that MW3 is perfect and I never bitch about it, but you do all know it's legal to actually enjoy playing a COD game, no matter what the cool kids at DICE say :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,455 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Rojomcdojo wrote: »
    Is the type95 really THAT overpowered though? Someone killing you with it could have probably done the same with a barrett etc

Is it any more OP than my FAD which is able to put 40 bullets in a complete straight line in about 3 seconds?
    that is the problem! It's an assault rifle, not a sniper, it's much easier to aim. Also the fact you can put rapid fire on it so if you miss the first burst the second is instantaneous is a big problem. As I said the 3 burst guns have always been overpowered in COD and they've never changed it.

Another problem I have is with bullet penetration. It shouldn't be so easy to spray a guy through a 10 inch thick wall but I suppose that's another complaint against the amount of health you get but a lot of the time bullet penetration seems to have no effect on the bullets which is ridiculous.

a few glitches showing up in the maps today too, naturally the pricks are out taking advantage of it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭JeanClaude

I can't believe it but I just came across 2 boosters in FFA, they actually enabled Tac Inserts in FFA, I'm stunned how ridiculously stupid of IW...:mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

JeanClaude wrote: »
    I can't believe it but I just came across 2 boosters in FFA, they actually enabled Tac Inserts in FFA, I'm stunned how ridiculously stupid of IW...:mad::mad::mad:
    Eeww!! Dirty divil.Ive heard of tea-bagging but this. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

JeanClaude wrote: »

Excellent , at least it will give me something to do .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

Shammy wrote: »
    Excellent .

24805BP_The-Simpsons-Mr-Burns-Excellent.jpg

Game is retarded. Play as Type 95, get zero 1 bombs in an entire ctf. Move to smg, get killed 4 times in a row from less than 10 foot in 1v1s where i have smg other (spanish ****) has Type 95 and one bombs me before I have a chance.

Its 1 thing the gun being over-powered, but its more connection based than anything I've ever seen. IW STILL don't understand consistant gun damage. How they can design a game where it takes between 1-3 bursts of the same gun in the same situation is beyond me, every other dev can ****ing do it right. The game has more than twice the pre-aiming mw2 had too. People who complained about the UMP on that must be eating their hats...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Dear IW, please include an option from now on "join game in progress: yes/no" am sick to DEATH of being thrown into almost over games, was put into a domination game there losing 60-178, I mean really?!

AdamD wrote: »
    Game is retarded. Play as Type 95, get zero 1 bombs in an entire ctf. Move to smg, get killed 4 times in a row from less than 10 foot in 1v1s where i have smg other (spanish ****) has Type 95 and one bombs me before I have a chance.

Its 1 thing the gun being over-powered, but its more connection based than anything I've ever seen. IW STILL don't understand consistant gun damage. How they can design a game where it takes between 1-3 bursts of the same gun in the same situation is beyond me, every other dev can ****ing do it right. The game has more than twice the pre-aiming mw2 had too. People who complained about the UMP on that must be eating their hats...

you can use lag/overpowered guns/spawning as an excuse.

but wtf,thinking you have a smg does not give you the right to win 1vs1.

Having a smg does not equal a win versus type 95.Headshot?dead..no matter what you fukking use.

your aim aint that perfect.

you are suffering lag ??etc...so are they.

build a bridge and get over it...and go play pokemon.no bugs in that on release considering a couple of hundred thousand people are playing CoD

and as for headglitchs, fuk all people are aware of them/use them.if you keep getting killed by thyem DONT go for revenge kills.

you get stunned?tough sh1t.your dead.get over it

christ, the connection is completely FCUKED on this game, its unplayable at times, is anyone else getting random frame jumps and pauses for 1-2 seconds for no reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Thomasheen

krudler wrote: »
    christ, the connection is completely FCUKED on this game, its unplayable at times, is anyone else getting random frame jumps and pauses for 1-2 seconds for no reason?

Every game man. I cant even pull up the score board anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

The exact reason I got it for the 360, People have been complaining loads about the ps3 version and lag, IW/ Treyarch treat the ps3 fanbase as second class citizens much too often. Ive had zero lag (apart from the usual cod lag) on the xbox.

was the same bull**** with Blops last year

Lab_Mouse wrote: »
    you can use lag/overpowered guns/spawning as an excuse.

but wtf,thinking you have a smg does not give you the right to win 1vs1.

Having a smg does not equal a win versus type 95.Headshot?dead..no matter what you fukking use.

your aim aint that perfect.

you are suffering lag ??etc...so are they.

build a bridge and get over it...and go play pokemon.no bugs in that on release considering a couple of hundred thousand people are playing CoD

and as for headglitchs, fuk all people are aware of them/use them.if you keep getting killed by thyem DONT go for revenge kills.

you get stunned?tough sh1t.your dead.get over it
    Wasn't headshotted.
    SMG should beat AR at close range.
    My aim is pretty damn good.
    It was a competitive game, everyone in competitive games know about headglitches.

Never mentioned stuns or spawns, rest of your post is dribble.

christ, how could they have messed up the spawning so much on this game, got shot, spawned at the ENEMY flag, as did 2 guys on my team who just spawned on me

ah fcuk this, am losing 90% of gunfights on a 4 bar connection, gonna just play skyrim for the rest of the week and if the lag is fixed will come back to mw3, if not then will get it on xbox instead, fcuking disgrace from IW to let the connection be this bad

AdamD wrote: »
    SMG should beat AR at close range.
    My aim is pretty damn good.
    well if if your aim was good you would of beat them with a smg.

you were whinging about headglitches in a previous post.sorry should of qouted that as well.my bad.

• Advertisement

Stalker and ADS = l33t xXn0 Sc0p3ZZSXx ****ting himself on the spot then sucking asphalt :D

Type 95 = noob mode enabled. I laughed my ass off at a guy with a gold type 95 today, might as well walk round with a big neon sign saying "I suck at FPS games".

Im genuinely ashamed at te amount of Irish campers. I used to think the french were bad in mw2 for that but I honestly have started to wonder have other countries been playing in matches with these mogs all along??? :eek:

Lab_Mouse wrote: »
    well if if your aim was good you would of beat them with a smg.

you were whinging about headglitches in a previous post.sorry should of qouted that as well.my bad.

1 bomb with Type 95 beats any smg up close with any kind of aim...thats my point. Guns a joke, and games a joke because not everyone can do it due to inconsistency of how many bursts it takes.

hightower1 wrote: »
    Stalker and ADS = l33t xXn0 Sc0p3ZZSXx ****ting himself on the spot then sucking asphalt :D

Type 95 = noob mode enabled. I laughed my ass off at a guy with a gold type 95 today, might as well walk round with a big neon sign saying "I suck at FPS games".

Im genuinely ashamed at te amount of Irish campers. I used to think the french were bad in mw2 for that but I honestly have started to wonder have other countries been playing in matches with these mogs all along??? :eek:

I was talking to a lad in work who's whinging he hates MW3 cos its harder to camp, I was like ehhh you're not meant to be camping to begin with, watching a bomb site or flag is one thing but sitting in a room with a baby monitor waiting for kills is boring. seems like you're damned if you do and damned if you dont in MW3, camp and theres too many routes into buildings, rush and you'll get massacred due to sh1tty spawns and hectic maps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

iMuse wrote: »
    The exact reason I got it for the 360, People have been complaining loads about the ps3 version and lag, IW/ Treyarch treat the ps3 fanbase as second class citizens much too often. Ive had zero lag (apart from the usual cod lag) on the xbox.
    ah fcuk this, am losing 90% of gunfights on a 4 bar connection, gonna just play skyrim for the rest of the week and if the lag is fixed will come back to mw3, if not then will get it on xbox instead, fcuking disgrace from IW to let the connection be this bad

it was unplayable on xbl tonight, i finally got a match after 12.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭LaVail

theteal wrote: »
    it was unplayable on xbl tonight, i finally got a match after 12.

Works for me no problem on a 3g connection but when I tried it with permanet it wouldn't work...lots complaining about that problem on cod forums :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Fukking glitches in Outpost already!? What a fukking joke. 4 mates were under the map and some of them were inside the tankers.

Reported them anyways. They should be banned for just being dïckheads.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Spike2010

Fukking glitches in Outpost already!? What a fukking joke. 4 mates were under the map and some of them were inside the tankers.

I was gonna say that too, on the Killcam it was showing they were underneath us? That's why Weedman:rolleyes: or whatever his name is went 30-0.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Spike2010 wrote: »
    I was gonna say that too, on the Killcam it was showing they were underneath us? That's why Weedman:rolleyes: or whatever his name is went 30-0.

Yup. It's a total fäggoty thing to do. They'll get banned hopefully. Too shït to play normally so they cheat. Cünts.

Yup. It's a total fäggoty thing to do. They'll get banned hopefully. Too shït to play normally so they cheat. Cünts.

Yeah hopefully they do get banned, I suppose there'll be many more Glitches, Lag Switches, Boosting:rolleyes: etc soon enough though, to make it even worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Thank god I wasn't in that game :P The Haze guys dashboarding pissed me off enough, nevermind the glitchers :rolleyes:

Thank god I wasn't in that game :P The Haze guys dashboarding pissed me off enough, nevermind the glitchers :rolleyes:

All of them guys were in the Haze Clan weren't they? They couldn't take the way you guys were besting on them :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Yeah, encountered one of these fukers this weekend:(

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

fjsanchez wrote: »
    On the PS3 side however, its a different story. So many frame rate issues which need to be patched, it's a broken product really.

It's unplayable for a few of us a large amount of the time, and just about manageable for others. I think we have every right to be pissed off at the game after forking over our money for a broken product once again. If this happened on the 360, let's face it, there would have been a far bigger **** storm no question about it. Even Spec Ops lags like a mofo a lot of the times, as me and Soby)can testify to.

I'm a very capable player but now, in this it's damn difficult to win single gun fights more often than not. People who regularly host/hold a 4 bar connection are complaining of the same thing too on the PS3.
    2. Maps? Too big? Need I say more? And if you are getting lost in them, you just aren't familiar with them yet (I thought they were daunting at first too).

Maps are a clusterfuck, a good proportion of them anyways. Underground, Fallen and Akraden are very good maps. The rest are poor, even compared to MW2 and arguably BOPS. I'm familiar with the maps, doesn't mean I have to like them.
    3. I think IW were going for this fast paced spawn system idea, that you get straight back into the action after you die, like COD4's. No doubt they have over done it but it will probably get patched as most COD games suffer something like this problem in the first week of release.

Spawn points needed tweaking, not overhauling. Only really Demolition needed some major work on.
    6. Though Irish players really are camping pricks!

I've said it before, and it was mentioned yesterday by someone but from what I've seen they're as bad as French players. All I remember from French players was their obsession with Ghost perk. Irish it's Assassin.

Honestly, it's like people feel they have to be annoyed with this game, even making up fake problems! I'm not gonna pretend that MW3 is perfect and I never bitch about it, but you do all know it's legal to actually enjoy playing a COD game, no matter what the cool kids at DICE say :pac:

What are fake problems exactly :confused:

If I recall correctly you slated Black Ops earlier doors like a few here though not as much as them granted, but surely I could have said, it's legal to actually enjoy playing a COD game back then. Cop out remark I feel. I enjoyed the campaign, said it was the best once since COD4 and also, I enjoyed Spec Ops when it's worked. So I like some have enjoyed these aspects of MW3. The multiplayer being designed for Xbox first and foremost, and well and dandy for you guys. But until it's fixed for PS3 (and PC?), it will be continually slated. I'll wait for the first patch or two.

Sorry if I should harsh man, but I'm quite disillusioned with the game. BOPS had it's problems but at least I could enjoy it for near 4 months (pretty much coinciding with the period I stopped ranking up) solid.

Just watching vids of Youtubers, it seems this tag is popping up more and more. Saw a few myself the other day as well -_-

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

So I was going to do a Russian roulette by putting both this and battlefield on my Christmas list, by reading this thread, I don't think it's worth the headache.

• Advertisement

So I was going to do a Russian roulette by putting both this and battlefield on my Christmas list, by reading this thread, I don't think it's worth the headache.
    I would wait until both games are patched before I make up my mind.
    I'll probably stick to battlefield myself once its patched properly as its not without problems either,especially on ps3.

It's unplayable for a few of us a large amount of the time, and just about manageable for others. I think we have every right to be pissed off at the game after forking over our money for a broken product once again. If this happened on the 360, let's face it, there would have been a far bigger **** storm no question about it. Even Spec Ops lags like a mofo a lot of the times, as me and Soby)can testify to.

So glad i didnt pick this up from release date on the ps3 , sounds like it would have been black-ops (ps3) all over again for me .
    You still got your xbox ?

I was talking to a lad in work who's whinging he hates MW3 cos its harder to camp, I was like ehhh you're not meant to be camping to begin with, watching a bomb site or flag is one thing but sitting in a room with a baby monitor waiting for kills is boring. seems like you're damned if you do and damned if you dont in MW3, camp and theres too many routes into buildings, rush and you'll get massacred due to sh1tty spawns and hectic maps

I sincearly hope you gave him the most severe bitch slap one could muster for that!

funny-celebrity-pictures-magneto-pimp-slap-close-proximity-not-required.jpg

So glad i didnt pick this up from release date on the ps3 , sounds like it would have been black-ops (ps3) all over again for me .
    You still got your xbox ?

Tis either at bottom of the abyss , or I gave my mate a lend of it. I forget :)
    Probably latter.

Tbh I'd say you'd be alright with MW3 for the most part. It's pushing my broadband and my sanity to the limit though :D BOPS you were just very unfortunate with I believe because it was very severe from what I remember. Funny enough lag was rarely ever an issue in BOPS for me and that first week or two when everyone on PS3 was complaining, it ran very smoothly for me during that period.

I don't think I've ever played anything that runs so badly as this,it's just an absolute disastrous mess on ps3.
    Every time I turn it on I have one round and turn it off,I just couldn't be arsed,such a let down.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

This "out of memory" error is coming up again in theater mode....sigh

It is a pity as I actually like the game aside from the crappy spawns, which are fixable. the lag is just atrocious though, even on 4 bars you get massacred, get a few rounds into a guy and then on the killcam you havent fired at all, I was even dropshotting like a mofo to try win gunfights and nope, still dropped in a split second once a guy spots me. I really enjoyed the campaign and will keep plugging away at Spec Ops but am done with the MP for a while, I played Skyrim for 4hrs last night and it felt like 20 minutes, thats how a game makes you lose yourself in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

, I played Skyrim for 4hrs last night and it felt like 20 minutes, thats how a game makes you lose yourself in it.

I woke up at half 4 this morning to play skyrim!! couldnt sleep so just got up early n started playing it!

half hour later it was after 10 o clock :eek:, was hoping to be in work for 9!! crazy how much you get sucked into the game!! time doesnt exist when you play it!!

Anyways.. I'm regretting buying MW3 now from reading this thread.. Seems like the Megabitch thread is far stronger than the sunshine one!! Half tempted to just not play it until a patch comes out.. so that'll be how long IW, 3 months, 4 maybe??

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Thomasheen

hypermuse wrote: »
    I woke up at half 4 this morning to play skyrim!! couldnt sleep so just got up early n started playing it!

half hour later it was after 10 o clock :eek:, was hoping to be in work for 9!! crazy how much you get sucked into the game!! time doesnt exist when you play it!!

Anyways.. I'm regretting buying MW3 now from reading this thread.. Seems like the Megabitch thread is far stronger than the sunshine one!! Half tempted to just not play it until a patch comes out.. so that'll be how long IW, 3 months, 4 maybe??

I really hope they do. Whatever people say about treyarch they were really dedicated to making blops the best it could be. IW on the other hand make me real nervous. I'll give them a few weeks but if it's not fixed by then I'm done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,290 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

hypermuse wrote: »

That could be due to two things -

1) This game is more broken than not.
    2) Irish peoples' natural propensity to whinge...

everlast75 wrote: »
    That could be due to two things -

1) This game is more broken than not.
    2) Irish peoples' natural propensity to whinge...

All depends on what people are looking for ,I wasnt too gone on it for the first few days but its grown on me, MW3 for me is enjoyment , one thing that does bother me is that i dont mind losing any more :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

All depends on what people are looking for ,I wasnt too gone on it for the first few days but its grown on me, MW3 for me is enjoyment , one thing that does bother me is that i dont mind losing any more :eek:

I'm getting this too. I generally care about my kdr but getting slaughtered doesn't seem to bother me, in MW3. It helps that I was playing with a good team this weekend. Think we may have lost twice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭eco2live

People always moan when they are not as good at it yet then previous games. When MW4 comes out we will hear the same from people saying that they have ruined MW3.

New games force people to adapt and think and (shock) play different. Some people hate blops, some hate MW2. Still a lot of people played them and even people who moan about them still play them (the sneaky feckers :))

eco2live wrote: »
    People always moan when they are not as good at it yet then previous games. When MW4 comes out we will hear the same from people saying that they have ruined MW3.

New games force people to adapt and think and (shock) play different. Some people hate blops, some hate MW2. Still a lot of people played them and even people who moan about them still play them (the sneaky feckers :))
    It's running on the same engine as mw2,it's basically the same game.
    It's got a ****load of problems that no amount of adapting will fix.
    When it's patched,people will have a different view,until then it's a mess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Only played it for the first time yesterday. So apologies for the rehash of opinions.

Glitchers:
    Mw2 had 2 major ones for all the maps, Mw3 looks like it's going to comfortably beat that record as one map alone has 2. Will they be patched and those who abused it be punished?
    Dashboarders:
    Haze clan of whingers, they spawn trap us on dome and then call us campers after dashboarding.
    Assassin Campers:
    Sit in corner don't play objectively, already it's massively overused. The advanced uav should be able to see everyone so it's proliferation doesn't continue.
    Broken spawns:
    Even on some of the largest maps you have enemies spawning looking at you. Whilst it takes a while to learn spawns, there is something fundamentally wrong in being killed by or killing the same player 2 or 3 times in a row.
    Connection issues:
    Everyone dropping to one bar, host migration taking for ever.
    Shotguns:
    Seriously these have to be the worst guns ever in the series. I thought the trench gun in CoD3 was puny but they've made these worse. Hitmarkers at touching distance. You're better off tea-bagging someone to death than shooting them with a shotgun.
    Matchmaking:
    I'm reminded of the opening lines of CoD4, 50000 people used to live here.... now it's a ghost town.
    Headglitching:
    Either because the maps are new to everyone or due to some of the design (Hardhat in particular) there is a an awful lot of this going on.
    Some guns lacking diversity:
    Most automatic assault rifles seem very similar, you could tell what gun an ally was using in mw2 but for mw3 they seem generic, more akin to black ops than mw2. I haven't unlocked and used all that many others but those I have used feel similar.

I'm in two minds about mw3, on the one hand it's new and novel but it's still repeating past mistakes in the series and my dwindling love of the series isn't looking past them anymore. IW in it's current iteration seem to have moved closer to treyarch's style and there is a small blandness (which I can't for the life of me identify) to mw3 which can only grow over time.

It's like black ops and mw2 had offspring but mw2 abandoned it after birth so it looks like an IW game but underneath the skin is a treyarch game.

• Advertisement
Advertisement