Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia Luma 800

Options
  • 06-11-2011 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭

I was looking at the Nokia Luma 800 on Expansys.ie and it's over €700

Are Nokia trying to price themselves out of the market?

For reference, the HTC Sensation XE, Titan and Sensation XL are €529

I was considering getting one of these on a 24 month contract when they are released, but it looks like it's going to be expensive even on a 24 month contract

Any idea of what this is likely to cost on 3 or Vodafone?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

It's only £439 on the UK site, order from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭GUIGuy

Nokia are most definetly not pricing themselves out of the market. The rrp is E420... Expansys are just charging what they can for a popular phone. The price will go down to its suggested price in a month or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭rossc007

Shouldnt this be in the rip off forum. A phone that costs around 510 euro on the UK version of a site is 220 euro dearer on the Irish version, disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,005 ✭✭✭kirving

If people are willing to pay it, Expansys will charge it. It's a luxury item really, not like its bread or milk.

If people are willing to pay it, Expansys will charge it. It's a luxury item really, not like its bread or milk.

A rip off is a rip off, this fair play attitude propagates it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,565 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

I was presuming this was a simple typo or something. However given that the price hasn't changed, it looks like it's a good old red blooded rip off. Good luck to them getting anyone to buy it at that price....

I was presuming this was a simple typo or something. However given that the price hasn't changed, it looks like it's a good old red blooded rip off. Good luck to them getting anyone to buy it at that price....

There is an article on how expensive expansys are selling it in the States...

http://www.engadget.com/2011/11/07/want-a-nokia-n9-in-the-us-expansys-has-some-but-itll-cost-ya/

Thats still cheaper by 230 euro!

I've mailed expansys asking them to explain the price difference, I doubt I'll get a response but if I do I'll post it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

The phone is actually called Nokia Lumia 800.:)

Just on the off-chance that any of you are flying to Tallinn for the match on Friday, check out the shops that sell mobile phones and such gear in the Viru Keskus shopping mall beside the Viru Hotel (a 22-storey building) in the centre of the city. If memory serves, the phone costs around €420 there. Worth a look anyway. I bought a Samsung digital camera there for €49 and later saw it in a shop in rip-off Ireland for €80.:cool:

Cheers Ellis, its i on sale there now for sure pre-release? My mate is heading over so I'll get him to pick me one up if they are already on sale!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

Anybody know if the Irish networks will be offering the Lumia 800? Vodafone or O2 especially? It's out in the UK and Germany in the next week or two and should be arriving in other countries on or around Christmas. My SO is moving from prepaid to bill pay soon and this would be the perfect phone to get when starting a contract.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭stevenf17

rossc007 wrote: »
    There is an article on how expensive expansys are selling it in the States...

http://www.engadget.com/2011/11/07/want-a-nokia-n9-in-the-us-expansys-has-some-but-itll-cost-ya/

Thats still cheaper by 230 euro!

I've mailed expansys asking them to explain the price difference, I doubt I'll get a response but if I do I'll post it.

That's for an N9.... completely different phone than the Lumia 800.
    Expansys are selling the n9 here too http://www.expansys.ie/nokia-n9-smartphone-black-16gb-219484/ but it'll cost you €635/$860 so the Americans are still getting it cheaper than us... what a surprise!

stevenf17 wrote: »
    That's for an N9.... completely different phone than the Lumia 800.
    Expansys are selling the n9 here too http://www.expansys.ie/nokia-n9-smartphone-black-16gb-219484/ but it'll cost you €635/$860 so the Americans are still getting it cheaper than us... what a surprise!

Sorry, misread the article :) Unreal, they havent bothered to mail be back either :eek:

Advertisement