Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coeliac Cake reciepe

Options
  • 06-11-2011 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone has a tried and trusted recipe for coeliac friendly fairy/cupcakes Im making cupcakes as christmas presents for the girls I work with and one of there mums in coeliac so want to make a batch she can enjoy too, oh and if anyone has a gingerbread recipe thats gulten/wheatfree too that would be fab

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

If you have no luck here - drop me a PM & I can move this to Nutrition & Diet.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

thanks HillBilly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Animord

Use Doves Farm gluten free flour. And just substitute the flour in any recepit at all. I use the bog standard victoria sponge receipe - you need to add a little extra liquid, as the gluten free flour is more absorbent. I use a tablespoon of tastless oil, ie veg oil in a 3 egg vic sponge receipe. Works fine.

I don't know if you know, but a coeliac cannot eat anything that has come into contact with flour that has gluten in it - if you are cooking for someone who takes their disease seriously, you will have to completely wash down your entire kitchen, you need to use different utensils for the gluten free baking, clean the oven etc etc,

If this person is just what they call gluten intollerent, you will be fine, but do check as you might go to loads of trouble and find she still cant eat it.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭annamcmahon

I totally agree with Animord. I make gluten-free buns every week this way. The only thing I say is they go stale more quickly than regular or spelt buns so you'd need to make them at most the day before you give them to her. If you want a gorgeous chocolate cake recipe that will last a bit longer let me know and I can PM it to you. I have a cake stall every Saturday and it's my best seller of all the cakes gluten-free or not.

Advertisement