If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yamaha RXV371 & Sony bdp-s470 multi region

Options
  • 06-11-2011 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi guys,

Just wondering what kind of price (Euro) you could do on these, individually and together, delivered to Dublin?
    Thanks,

George.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi George.

The Yamaha 371 is currently £199.95 and delivery would be £12.99.

The Sony 470 is a finished line for us and the replacement 480 model is currently £129.95.

We could ship this within the same delivery charge.

Total would be £342.89.

I would suggest that instead of the Yamaha, take a look at the new Pioneer receiver that we just got in.

It's a Pioneer VSX421.

It sounds brilliant and it's much nicer to look at !

This would be the same price as above with the Pioneer and we are £30 cheaper than anywhere that we can find in the UK.

Let me know what you think.

ATB

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 3 gman591

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the response - I'm really looking for a 3D Bluray player with multi-region DVD. The only reason I asked for the S470 was that you had multi-region versions and it had been recommended by yourselves to another customer earlier in the year. Is the S480 multi-region at that price? Do you have the S580 in a multi-region version and, if so, how much would that be?

The VSX421 is nice looking - however the Yamaha has 4 HDMI inputs and also has that very nice automatic speaker balancing function... does the Pioneer have something similar?
    Thanks again,

George.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi George.

The thing that sells the Pioneer is the sound. It does sound better than the Yamaha. The calibration is actually better done by you anyway as the system will only set it up to what it thinks is correct....not to your taste and it's not very complicated.

The Pioneer does have a very neat feature which is the auto level control.

The levels the volume between sources which the Yamaha does not do. This means that if you change from blu ray to sky, you are not getting your head blown off.

The Sony BDPS480 is multiregion for DVD at that price.

Keep me posted.

ATB

Dave

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.