Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buffalo River.

Options
  • 06-11-2011 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭

Bit of a query about this gun safe.
    Is it deep enough for a cz.243 with medium mounts and 50mm lens.
    one of the lads is upgrading now and he has a .22mag and a o/v shotty too and he doesnt want to have to upgrade the safe again if he gets another gun.

So does anyone have a deer stalking rifle that fits in one of these without been turned sideways?
    thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

From what I've heard of buffalo river safes of late....... they are only scrap!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,986 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

I can't even fit a CZ .22 with a 40mm lens into it without turning it sideways:pac:, I'd have a hard time even squeezing an O/U in beside it it's that narrow, no way you'd get 2 rifles and a shotgun into it imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

is infac better choice to splash out for?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,986 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Yeah I'd say so, it's a bit deeper than the BR one. Sorry I didn't go bigger myself now..probably have to upgrade eventually:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭Hibrion

My advice would be to go for the Buffalo River 8 gun. Ut's plenty deep for scoped rifles and the door is much more secure than most others I have seen. I gave away a Vogue 5 gun safe after buying this one.
    The door on The Buffalo river 8 gun is about 4 inches thick, if memory serves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Glensman

Hibrion wrote: »
    My advice would be to go for the Buffalo River 8 gun. Ut's plenty deep for scoped rifles and the door is much more secure than most others I have seen. I gave away a Vogue 5 gun safe after buying this one.

Do you think the Buffalo River is better than the vogue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

I have a Vogue 11 Gun safe.
    Take two men to lift it when empty.

Half fill it with lead and firearms and you'd need a forklift.
    I've never tried a nailbar on it, but I do not think that it would shift it.

I have a Vogue 11 Gun safe.
    Take two men to lift it when empty.

Half fill it with lead and firearms and you'd need a forklift.
    I've never tried a nailbar on it, but I do not think that it would shift it.

I have the Vogue 6-gun. I was told it was one of the best you could have...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭Hibrion

Glensman wrote: »
    Do you think the Buffalo River is better than the vogue?

After having the two, I'm happy I went with the Buffalo River. It seems much more sturdy than the Vogue, particularly in the door. The safe is also felt lined all around so you don't scratch guns taking them in and out.

It's very heavy, so if you bolt to the wall in the right place it would be very difficult to remove.

If you can buy a good quality safe, conceal it from view, bolt it to the wall, and alarm the house/ windows/ room that the safe is in, that's all you can do.

If you can buy a good quality safe, conceal it from view, bolt it to the wall, and alarm the house windows/ room that the safe is in, that's all you can do.

I suppose 2/4 isn't bad? :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

What he says ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Good quality and if bolted to a wall you will never move it. Use 4x12mm anchor bolts. Throw the ones that come with the safe away. Nice soft lining on the inside and a lockable small-box in the top for your documents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Norwayviking

garv123 wrote: »
    Bit of a query about this gun safe.
    Is it deep enough for a cz.243 with medium mounts and 50mm lens.
    one of the lads is upgrading now and he has a .22mag and a o/v shotty too and he doesnt want to have to upgrade the safe again if he gets another gun.

So does anyone have a deer stalking rifle that fits in one of these without been turned sideways?
    thanks.

Hi Garv

I have a Brattonsound RD5+ Sentinel and a Brattosound PA 4 Pistol\Ammo cabinet.
    They are approved by police in the UK ,and i have built them in around the house,so its not easy to find them:D
    So i keep the rifles in one place and bolt\ammo in another place.
    They are both bolted with 4 strong anchorbolts in the back and 2 in the bottom.
    Its not always about gettin the strongest and most heavy,they have to find them first;)
    And i have alarm on both as well(not part of the House alarm)
    So if they are lucky to find them,they will get the surprise of there life.:eek:

I got them here

http://www.allsafes.ie/store/Brattonsound_Sentinel_RD5

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭sako75 hunter

Hi, i use a Vogue 8 gun safe with a ammo unit built inside also. Loads of room and i couldnt even lift it on my own when i bought it. Have it rawl bolted to two walls and floor. To be honest i think no matter how well or secure you might think your safe is secured to a wall or whatever i think if a thiefing f***er wants your guns he WILL take them. I think if you really what you guns to be secure get an alarm fitted to your house. My tupence worth. And a couple of rothweillers wouldnt go astray either!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭daveob007

the only advice i can give you is not to go for the electronic safe with keypad,even the small ones for ammo.
    don't want to say too much here but after much research i was shocked by ease of which any digital safe can be opened.
    i have since replaced all mine with key opening only and taken other measures to secure my property..

there was a thread here a while back with security tips,,might be worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Farmlife

garv123 wrote: »
    is infac better choice to splash out for?

I have that Infac safe and it's solid, but i will say if your buying there's a dealer in dublin selling them for €140

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭shootemall

i would ask virmin hunter what he thinks about buffalo river safes before i wasted any money on one,

Advertisement