Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cost of 2 storey extension

Options
  • 06-11-2011 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

I was wondering how much would 2 storey extension cost these days. We live in semidetached house and would like to build the extension to the side of the house. It should be solid block, insulated roof, 2-3 pvc double windows, 3 pvc doors, with central heating, water tap, lights, few pwr sockets, wooden floor. The idea ia to have a kitchen downstairs and a bed room upstairs. No need for stairs, 1st floor should be accessed from existing 1st floor of the house. Please anyone who can give me an estimate for the whole project incl planning permission, solicitor, the construction itself, etc etc. About 55-60 sq m for the 2 floors together.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 4shivers

we are building a playroom downstairs with pvc frenchdoors, a storage room and side entrance with small window. Upstairs 2 small bedrooms with 4 windows and a velox. all for 52,000. Hopefully!!!!!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭GhanGee

wow, that's a surprise. Your scenario is similar to mine and I was hoping it's going to be much cheaper.... in my dreams only I guess. Thanks for your reply, now I at least have clear idea about pricing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭archtech

Its very difficult to give ball parks for extensions to semi-detached dwellings or any house as normally there's a degree of other alterations involved also.

One thing that can distort the price is access, which is normally restricted with semi-d's. For a good level of finish including upgrades to existing building envelope(insulation/improved windows glazing etc) I would say a ball park budget of between 120-150/sq. foot.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,047 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Moved to Prices/costs forum

Advertisement