Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which College for computer science

Options
  • 07-11-2011 12:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I would like to do computer science in college but where do I go ??? UCD, DIT, DCU or TCD ??!?? Btw I would like to get into the game industry afterwards :D
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭joshrogan

UCD would probably be the best out of those choices for compsci, however DKiT offer a level 8 games development course and since you're interested in that field you should check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Noodleworm

DCU's computer Apps is most popular computer in the country, pretty hands on software development degree. good employment rate and paid internships in 3rd year.

I warn you though. All these courses have huge drop out rates cos of guys going in saying they want to make games, or start the next Facebook. Do your research. If your going to do computer science and day you want to work in games,it pretty much means your going to be a programmer.
    Remember that the games industry has a ton of areas in it, check out this informative video on the subject

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Computer Science isn't my field but I know people who came out of UCD barely able to programme which seems completely bizarre. Most of them might have been in the BA in Computer Science which has now been discontinued (thankfully) but I think at least two were BSC's.

DCU definately seems to be the leader in the field.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Think DCU and TCD be your best bet think UCD CS is very general. DIT be good too but DCU I think has a better CS department and course is to be very good. Good job prospects and you learn a lot.

Advertisement