Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mid-term is over!

Options
  • 07-11-2011 12:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭

Well, I had a great week, but for the first time ever I'm looking forward to going back, as I'm now in COLLEGE :D

What are you going back to, if you had a mid-term? And are you looking forward to it? Dreading it? Or just indifferent about the whole affair?

Actually, I'll put up a poll, to properly gauge people's feelings(I'm fully expecting the fourth option to top the poll).

Going back: how do you feel about it? 19 votes

I'm thoroughly looking forward to it!
    0% 0 votes
    Meh - not that bothered about it, really.
    5% 1 vote
    I'm dreading it - I hate my school/college/job.
    31% 6 votes
    I didn't get a mid-term, you lucky bastard.
    63% 12 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Fbjm wrote: »
    What are you going back to..

My miserable existence and wait for death knell to call me home.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Full.Duck

Who gets a mid term from their job? :confused: Teachers yeah but who else and where can i get me one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

OutlawPete wrote: »
    My miserable existence and wait for death knell to call me home.

Judging by your post count, that probably true.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

You now get a mid-term break in college!?

Man, it's got even softer since I left!

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭nimrod86

I've had the last 3 weeks off thanks to work experience and mid-term, suppose I have to go back at some point!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

Your poll is incomplete! Where's 'I get a half term, but it wasn't this week' as an option, eh??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

it 00:10, go to bed! you have to be up for school college in the mornin

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 189 ✭✭Bergkamp 10

The only thing good about college is beer and women.

All the rest is ****e, especially the bus journeys and countless hours of ****ty lectures. All just so in a few years I have a chance of some boring job.

Yippee!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Does this mean slow driving mammys in Chelsea tractors & Yarises will be back on the road in the morning?

Whoop-de-fucking-doo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

Well trinity is only starting their reading week/doss off week tomorrow so have a lye-in basically

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

John Doe1 wrote: »
    Well trinity is only starting their reading week/doss off week tomorrow so have a lye-in basically
    We have review week here in DIT. Basically, we get tests most of the week, and then a day off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Midterm in college?

Are you referring to reading week?

Great the traffic will be back to the usual chaos in the morn, that is one less press of the snooze button.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭joshrogan

My class doesn't have week off for reading week FML!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 taffeta

I'm also going back to college tomorrow after mid term. Don't mind going back really but would be happy enough with some more days off :) Just wish I was tired enough now to sleep, have to be up early tomorrow for the first time in over a week. That's what's bothering me most!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

joshrogan wrote: »
    My class doesn't have week off for reading week FML!

Haw Haw:P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Don't get mid-term at NUIG, ah well. It's something to be at...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

More traffic on the way to work. Down with that sort of thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Fbjm wrote: »
    Well, I had a great week, but for the first time ever I'm looking forward to going back, as I'm now in COLLEGE :D

What are you going back to, if you had a mid-term? And are you looking forward to it? Dreading it? Or just indifferent about the whole affair?

Actually, I'll put up a poll, to properly gauge people's feelings(I'm fully expecting the fourth option to top the poll).

I dunno.

I'm a grown-up with a job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Full.Duck wrote: »
    Who gets a mid term from their job? :confused: Teachers yeah but who else and where can i get me one?
    I got one - by taking a week's holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

I'm sad it's over, but then I am a lazy sod. I know that I will be grand once I am back in as I love college but it's just the getting up part that bothers me. Also I am a sucker for a day with nothing to do I will miss that as I pretty much planned my whole week around sleeping and doing feck all. Twas wonderful, still if I wasn't in college I'd be bored to tears and would have no holidays to look forward to, sure everyday would be a holiday. Now I really must stop procrastinating on boards and actually do the work I have been procrastinating for the entire week:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    but it's just the getting up part that bothers me.

Torturous stuff, it must be said.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,631 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Didn't get a mid term in UCD :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Science, Engineers and Nursing students don't get "reading" weeks in DCU. All those business and language students do. Lame.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Wetai

We just spend most of the time (making noise, in the group area) in the library, anyways. 'Tis great craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

More traffic on the way to work. Down with that sort of thing.

Why can't them young people learn to walk and not turn all the roads around a school into a car park.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

winston82 wrote: »
    Judging by your post count, that probably true.

Don't be jealous now just because his is bigger than yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

No mid term in cit cause it's semesterised but a over a month off at christmas more than makes up for it, CA exam in the morning at nine though :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

I have reading week this week result!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,460 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Supposed to have reading week this week, but all it means is one lecture isn't on the timetable, still have to go to everything else. Not sure how much extra 'reading' I'm expected to get done in an hour.

Currently doing the usual, read a bit, go on boards and have some tea, read a bit more routine that carries me through the night until I do learning daytime Monday and go home for sleep from about 6/7pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭AeoNGriM

The only thing good about college is beer and women.

All the rest is ****e, especially the bus journeys and countless hours of ****ty lectures. All just so in a few years I have a chance of some boring job.

Yippee!

Protip: You don't need to be in college to enjoy beer and women, but ssshhhhh, don't tell anyone else!

Advertisement