Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is meteor same as orange?

Options
  • 07-11-2011 1:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Hi guys,

Looking to buy a phone online on ebay but I am getting a bit confused? Is the Orange network the same as meteor? And does this mean that if it is Orange based phone it can use it with a meteor sim? Thanks everybody

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

No. Meteor is an Irish provider. Orange is a UK provider (principally). They are not compatible, unless you are lucky enough to get an unlocked Orange phone. That should work with any Irish network.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 yel_cab

And sorry also if anyone knows if I was to buy a phone online how much would it be to get it unlocked? It is a Samsung Galaxy S2 thanks everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Maental2000

yel_cab wrote: »
    And sorry also if anyone knows if I was to buy a phone online how much would it be to get it unlocked? It is a Samsung Galaxy S2 thanks everyone

Depends on who you get to unlock it but I'd say it'd be around €35...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

yel_cab wrote: »

It really depends on whether the phone is actually locked to a network. You can purchase an unlocked phone from the likes of Expansys or you can purchase a locked phone via private purchase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 yel_cab

Thanks everybody for the replys. Just wondering if the phone is from emobile will it work with meteor too? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

No. 2 different networks. Same difference as Meteor & Orange.

Advertisement