Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

upgraded from 3meg to NGB - line capability gone down?

Options
  • 07-11-2011 1:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭

Having problems with modem at the moment so called to see what my options are.
    Anyway while I was on I asked to check my broadband speed as it seems to have died off since I was "upgraded" to NGB. I was getting about 2-2.5meg on the 3meg package and now am told that my line is now only capable of 1.5?

When I asked how I get downgraded by an upgrade I was told - it sometimes happens and we don't know why. That was the best reason I could get after getting passed from tech to sales and back to tech etc.

Nothing about my line has changed as far as I know, so how is it now only capable of 1.5???

And why was I not informed since I am paying for 3meg/NGB or whatever?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Read this, is there any time of day pattern??

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭gramlab

Connection often drops and the time of day doesn't matter but thats not what bothers me really.

Customer services tech saying that my line is only capable of 1.5 when I had faster than that before., and the "well it just happens sometimes and we dont know why" isn't a good enough response.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

gramlab wrote: »
    Connection often drops and the time of day doesn't matter but thats not what bothers me really.

Customer services tech saying that my line is only capable of 1.5 when I had faster than that before., and the "well it just happens sometimes and we dont know why" isn't a good enough response.

Hi gramlab,

Can you private message me with your eircom telephone number and I will look into the broadband speeds you have been gwtting.

Thanks, Mark

PM sent.

Thanks

PM sent.

Thanks

Hi gramlab,

I got your PM thanks, will look into the connection prior to migrating to NGB and get back to you tomorrow.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement

Any update on this?

Any update on this?

Hi gramlab,

Hi gramlab:

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

I see your address is classed as extended reach from the Carrigtwohill exchange in Cork. Which means the maximum speed available is "up to 1.5MB".

Although the NGB is still subject to line and limitations, it will insure the consistent highest possible broadband speed on your line.

The broadband seems to be set to the maximum speed limit available on the line. However the change to NGB should not affect the service it should stabilise the speed.

Broadband support asked if you could call them on 1890 260 26o to run a few checks on the modem and set up.

Can you give them a call and let me know how you get on.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement