Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skip rental

Options
  • 07-11-2011 4:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭

Haven't purchased a skip before, but need to do some cleaning before Christmas and need to throw out a lot of stuff, just wondering were the best and cheapest place to purchase a skip fora few days is?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭RichT

Who is your bin provider? They may offer you a discount.

City Bin

Wers Waste

Barna Waste

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

If you know someone with a van or trailer, I think you'd find taking it to the Carrowbrowne dump yourself a lot cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

If you do go with hiring somebody with a van or similar, make sure they have a valid waste collection permit as you could be fined heavily (and they would be too of course) for the collection of waste without a permit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Another option is those canvas skips you can get at B&Q. You buy the bag from them and then ring a place to collect it. Sometimes they have deals on the collection fee. The bags are pretty tough. We did a bathroom remodel with lots of cracked tile, shower, and toilet and all associated builder waste fit in one skip. Cost less than €100

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

I use Barna Waste for skips, despite having bins with Citybin.

They're usually OK about giving you a day or 2 extra with the skip if you need it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Citybin won't take larger stuff that won't fit in bin.
    I had to bring a massive front room wall-to-wall carpet out to Barna waste myself. €7 charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

biko wrote: »
    I had to bring a massive front room wall-to-wall carpet out to Barna waste myself. €7 charge.

I got a skip with Citybin a few months ago as I was clearing out the garden and doing a big job - the delivery guy said to put a few boards up the side so I could fit more stuff in above the level of the side walls, which is what I did, and there was no problem when they collected it.
    Very good service too, easy to order and delivered and collected when they said they would.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

biko wrote: »

Lol, that reminds me when I was new here and was angry Carpetrite wouldn't take the old carpet. So not knowing any better I cut it up in and threw it away slowly over a few months... water logged mouldy nasty piss stained carpet.

Sigh... good times.

After it was finally gone found this:
    http://www.galwaycity.ie/AllServices/WasteManagement/BulkyGoodsCollection/

Advertisement