Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ordering fabric from states

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭ellejay

anyone ordrered from here?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I've ordered from them a few times.

Even if you do get stung for duty it's cheaper than Ireland.

If you're making a big order you're more likely to be asked to pay duty on it. It took less than a week to get the order when I got my last one.

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I've ordered from them a few times.

Even if you do get stung for duty it's cheaper than Ireland.

If you're making a big order you're more likely to be asked to pay duty on it. It took less than a week to get the order when I got my last one.

Many Thanks Das Kitty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

It ships in two working days and takes about three working days to get here, so basically allow a week.

There's VAT and customs to pay.
    AFAIR you don't pay customs on values under E150 (including postage and packaging) but you do pay VAT. Then the shipping company charge a fee for paying the VAT, so just be aware of that.

It still works out cheaper.

Thanks Phoenix Parker

I was wondering how much duty was payable on what.
    My delivery arrived, it was only about us$30.00 and 15 of that was the delivery charge.

From the day I placed the order, it took 11 days.
    It had been checked by customes alright, so that could have been the delay.

No extra charges were payable, I was wondering why, but it must be because it's under the 150 threshold you mentioned.

Thanks for your reply.

Lj.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Mrs Ron Burgundy

My total came to 66 dollars and I got charged €28.85 by the UPS delivery guy. I rang and asked them what the charges where about because it had vat of about €12.00 but it said other charges €14.00 and I was told it was import duty. So it is possible to be charged when you spend under 150. My total came to €80.00 so I don't think I saved very much at all. I probably won't order from them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I bet the €14 was the UPS admin fee rather than import duty.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

AFAIK, the duty limit on fabric is less than 50 euro. I've definitely paid it on something that came to about 55.

Still a massive amount cheaper than Hickeys.

Advertisement