Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

opel corsa eml light problems

• 07-11-2011 10:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hows the goin i was drivein home the other night and i seen that my eml light came on the car was jumpin all over the place, it nearl cut out on me in heavy trafic, it revs by itself and my petrol seems to be disaperin any1 any ideas whats goin on with it and how to fix it thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 dumbbum

sounds like fuel filter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 tierney2007

dont know man tis fair annoying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 dumbbum

sounds like it mate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

dumbbum wrote: »
    sounds like fuel filter

No it doesn't.

OP you'd need to get it on a diagnostic computer to see what the fault is. A common problem on those engines is coil pack failure which causes a misfire, poor idle, eml on and high fuel consumption but there are several problems that it could be with the engine control system.

thanks man any idea how much it wud cost 2 fix its a 1littre 00 corsa b

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Barry walsh

Hi Just thought i would add my two cents I had a 00 Corsa B with exactly the same problem turned out to e the crankshaft position sensor its cheap less than a tenner and easy to fix (if you are ok to be under a car) same symptoms hard to start every now and again eml light flickering do a search on google and you will find its common enough i would do this before i spend alot of money on diagnostics etc

a few people have said that to me but others have said different il look into that thanks

twas a part that makes it rev itself mechanic cleaned it out tis running perfect stil have 2 get a new part doe

Advertisement