Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camera and editing software for 10 year old?

Options
  • 07-11-2011 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭

hi all
    looking for advice for a camera and editing software for a 10 year old. he has mild autism but is fantastic on the computer and loves making movies.

he is currently just using my old phone as a camera and he does quite a good job but id like to get him a easy to use camera for shooting video and editing software that is easy to use but has fun tricks with it like funny musics and slides etc.

he is also big into a website called goanimate.com . i was wondering do any of ye know of a software based version of this or similar that can be brought outright?

thanks
    Paul

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I think practically any camera these days has enough features to keep a novice occupied, so there's no need to go for anything too expensive. Any digital camera will have straight forward point and shoot but you can then go messing with settings as you learn about them.

Première elements might be a good video package to start with as it could lead onto it's bigger brother première pro. You can do basic animating with première pro I don't know about elements.

Advertisement