Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Groupon/Infurn.com Bigboy Beanbag

Options
  • 07-11-2011 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Have a feeling this thread is going to be needed, groupon ran a deal for Bigboy beanbags over the last few days. Yesterday I bought two vouchers to get one for myself and one for my brother, I'm wishing now that I had of searched the internet first. There is a warning on Bigboybeanbags.com that there are imitiation ones being sold and that you can only buy their beanbags from their site.

This doesn't bother me so much as the reviews of infurn.com that I've found on the internet where it's say that people have been waiting for 6 months for their furnituire and never got anything, so basically has anyone order one of these, anyone gotten theirs yet, anyone any previously dealings with infurn.com?

Thought it was a pretty massive discount from the 200 quid that these beanbags normally cost!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

cbyrne11 wrote: »
    Thought it was a pretty massive discount from the 200 quid that these beanbags normally cost!

How much was the deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Hey I bought one too, deal was activated today so at least give them a chance to deliver first! do you really think they are fake? I wouldn't mind so much as long as the quality matches the orginal. I just put my order in so will wait and see how long it takes. I want it as a christmas gift so hopefully arrives before then!

wyndham wrote: »
    How much was the deal?

It was 59e for the bag plus 15e for delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭cbyrne11

Hey I bought one too, deal was activated today so at least give them a chance to deliver first! do you really think they are fake? I wouldn't mind so much as long as the quality matches the orginal. I just put my order in so will wait and see how long it takes. I want it as a christmas gift so hopefully arrives before then!

Yeah think they are, if you look at the normal companies main site, there's a big warning about them.

http://www.bigboybeanbag.com/

But surely a bean bags a bean bag?

Yeah suppose I might be jumping the Gun, but the reviews are kinda scary of infurn.com.

Did the website give you an estimated delivery? apparently it gives you one on your account section?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭fitzcoff

This deal was on pigsback last week and I looked into then, and decided not to buy.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=308738&page=110

On pigsback it was 49 and 17.50 for postage, there were over 1000 of these sold.

it'll be interesting to see how this ends up

Yeah hopefully this thread won't be full of people pissed off at having not recieved their bean bags but I suspect that they will be, and I'll be one of them! If anyone recieves theirs if they could post of here would be great!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

What did groupon say when you contacted them?

vicwatson wrote: »
    What did groupon say when you contacted them?

I haven't actually got in contact with them but have seen people on other forums saying that they complained and were given their money back, so I'm trying to decide what to do, can't turn down that bargain but sure if I'm going to be waiting for a year to get it might just buy a fatboy!

Just came across this aswell
    http://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/national-deal/infurn/1397956

Nearly 12k sold, think I will try cancel my order. Not much good if it doesn't come in time for christmas. Will Groupon just do a refund or it is alot of trouble?

• Advertisement

Just came across this aswell
    http://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/national-deal/infurn/1397956

Nearly 12k sold, think I will try cancel my order. Not much good if it doesn't come in time for christmas. Will Groupon just do a refund or it is alot of trouble?

Not sure, think I'll just wait a bit and try and cancel it later if it doesn't come through, read on another forum earlier that pigsback had no problem refunding people assume groupon will be the same!

Just found that bit on the site that says when you'll get it and mine say week 50 lets hope that comes through but at least I'm not believing it from the start so if it actually happen that would be great!

Can you post the link, I would like to check mine but can't see it anywhere.

Can you post the link, I would like to check mine but can't see it anywhere.

Hey orchid,

have you ordered on Infurn.com yet, if so they sent you an email with your username and password if you log in, go to your order history and click on details it will tell you what week it will be delivered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 markry

Hi Guys
    I designed the Bigboy Beanbag which has been in manufacture since 2006. It has been top of the Google search for as long as I can remember, but possibly because It is the only bag made from the Canvas-Like, Waterproof, Breathable, UV Protected MACHINE WASHABLE fabric on the market, and is despatched within 48hrs. It also has a Separate inner bag, so you can take the cover off and wash it, which also stops blow-outs. The one on offer made by Infurn is unfortunately none of the above. Hope this sets the record straight.

markry wrote: »
    Hi Guys
    I designed the Bigboy Beanbag which has been in manufacture since 2006. It has been top of the Google search for as long as I can remember, but possibly because It is the only bag made from the Canvas-Like, Waterproof, Breathable, UV Protected MACHINE WASHABLE fabric on the market, and is despatched within 48hrs. It also has a Separate inner bag, so you can take the cover off and wash it, which also stops blow-outs. The one on offer made by Infurn is unfortunately none of the above. Hope this sets the record straight.

Hi Mark,

Sorry to ask this, but how are they selling this product under the same name as your product? i thought I was buying one of yours when I was ordering because it said "The original bigboy" which what I think is the same logo on the tag as well? There's been thousands of these sold over the last couple of days, i read somewhere 13,000 in one day, surely you have talked to lawyers about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

They can sell it because he doesn't own the big boy name. Its not a trademark.

Over 20,000 of these have been sold between here and the uk. ALLOT of people are going to be pissed off if Infurn dont get their act together.

Hi Mark,

Sorry to ask this, but how are they selling this product under the same name as your product? i thought I was buying one of yours when I was ordering because it said "The original bigboy" which what I think is the same logo on the tag as well? There's been thousands of these sold over the last couple of days, i read somewhere 13,000 in one day, surely you have talked to lawyers about this?

Hi
    It is in the hands of our legal dept. Hundreds of people have contacted us thinking they were buying our Bigboy- its very difficult for me to comment other than to say "they have been very clever". I believe Groupon and the like are giving no-quibble refunds. We have put additional information on our website. It has been a nightmare!

Hi
    It is in the hands of our legal dept, so hopefully you can understand that I cannot say too much at present but just to let you know some of these group purchase sites even pasted OUR domain name on their websites, but when you pressed it it went to theirs!
    Unbelievable but true!!

Hi
    It is in the hands of our legal dept. Hundreds of people have contacted us thinking they were buying our Bigboy- its very difficult for me to comment other than to say "they have been very clever". I believe Groupon and the like are giving no-quibble refunds. We have put additional information on our website. It has been a nightmare!

Sounds like they've really screwed you guys, I've mailed infurn about my order as I put it in already so don't think it's as easy to cancel as it was would have been with groupon but when this goes belly up as I'm increasingly sure it will I'll be on to you for one of the banksy ones!

Can you really not ship them filled/Is bean bag filler easy to come by?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Kajor

I posted this on the Pigsback thread by mistake ( i thought i was on this one)...anyway:

Infurn seem to have sold in the region of 20,000 beanbags between Ireland and England,which is some feat to deliver in the next 4-6 weeks. You could all just club together and order your beanbags directly from Infurn's possible supplier:

Company Name: New Ideal Furniture Co., Ltd.
    Street Address: Room 405, Qingtian Building, No.206-1, Xingang Xi Road, Guangzhou City, China.
    City: Guangzhou
    Province/State: Guangdong
    Country/Region: China (Mainland)
    Zip: 510300
    Telephone: 86-20-34052389,88342266
    Fax: 86-20-34052580

Here's the link to New Ideal Furniture on Alibaba.com, which is one of the international gateways to ordering from China

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/51..._bean_bag.html

HOWEVER, nevermind that the quality may not be good, I'd be very sceptical about them being up to fire standards

Sounds like they've really screwed you guys, I've mailed infurn about my order as I put it in already so don't think it's as easy to cancel as it was would have been with groupon but when this goes belly up as I'm increasingly sure it will I'll be on to you for one of the banksy ones!

Can you really not ship them filled/Is bean bag filler easy to come by?

Hi CByrne11
    At present no we cannot, but we are working on it. Might be advisable for you to check that the filling meets UK & Ireland fire regs. (BS DIN4102)
    Yes you can obtain the filling easily.

Hi CByrne11
    At present no we cannot, but we are working on it. Might be advisable for you to check that the filling meets UK & Ireland fire regs. (BS DIN4102)
    Yes you can obtain the filling easily.

No Idea how to do that, might just wave a lighter over it when it arrives to see what happen!

No Idea how to do that, might just wave a lighter over it when it arrives to see what happen!

Hi Cbyrne11
    No, just give them a call, however I have just spoken to Southwark Trading Standards who advised me that they have had to call on them previously, but the Head Office London Address is in fact just a postal drop off point, and a firm of accountants occupy these premises- Strange?

Hi Cbyrne11
    No, just give them a call, however I have just spoken to Southwark Trading Standards who advised me that they have had to call on them previously, but the Head Office London Address is in fact just a postal drop off point, and a firm of accountants occupy these premises- Strange?

Think it's safe to say that everything about this is pretty strange!!

Think you might want to up your stock levels could be a few peopole heading your way if these lads mess up the way were expecting!

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭fitzcoff

I was just looking on your site and just wondering how much delivery to Ireland would cost and how many cubic feet of beans would I need to fill one.

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

You can buy bean bags from Ireland that come filled.

I got one from beany bags it should be here thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

Oh damn, just my luck to find this out now. Ive ordered 2 a few weeks ago, supposed to be in this week or next week to my house. So doubtful Id get the refund...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Plek Trum

I purchased a voucher from Groupon for this beanbag too.
    Voucher was to be valid for use as from 8pm last night. Went to use it this monring and its showing as 'invalid or has been used previously'

After 14 minutes on hold I got through to the helpdesk at Griupon. They have been inundated with calls about codes not working, have been in touch with Infurn and have been told by them that all errors with codes will be rectified by tomorrow....

I told the customer service rep if thie issue wasnt resolved by 5pm tomorrow I will be requesting a full and immediate refund as per the terms and conidtions of the sale of voucher - she seemed fine with this, wouldnt be a problem.

So.. I guess we'll wait and see now. I have my doubts somehow.. *eek*

Tell me - do they come filled???!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 fassers

<SNIP>

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement