Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Groupon/Infurn.com Bigboy Beanbag

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭SONIC2008

Post a comment on Groupon Ireland's Facebook page... worked for me anyways and they responded within the day.

Worth a shot anyways.:D
    How far did you get with groupon? They asked me for the order date and transaction number but I've a feeling it could take a while to hear anything more back from them!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 padraigr

Still no response from Infurn I strongly suggest board deals removes this deal as you are only inviting trouble. Infurn are an untrustworthy company that nobody should have anything to do with

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭LFC Murphy

I bought mine thru Pigsback. Got a mail telling me that refund was available due to the poor service.

So went ahead and requested one. I mailed Infurn thru their customer service comments portal. Is this the correct way to claim.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭City-Exile

Infurn still ignoring me. Site still says Week 03 delivery.
    Groupon haven't got back to me since before Christmas.
    Getting spammed from Infurn, but can't block them, in case they actually mail me for legitimate reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 bauble1

I have a tracking no.! Says shipment has arrived in Irl. I bought via pigsback. Initially was week 49 which was moved to wk3 so fingers crossed it arrives in the next few days!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 dowcar

City-Exile wrote: »
    Infurn still ignoring me. Site still says Week 03 delivery.
    Groupon haven't got back to me since before Christmas.
    Getting spammed from Infurn, but can't block them, in case they actually mail me for legitimate reasons.

I'm on week 3 also, no sign of tracking number coming up on my account, posted note on groupon's facebook - they responded asking what colour I ordered and would let me know what stage my bean bag is at (apparently its all down to colour :confused:)- that was last week.....still no response :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 stanepoke

i ordered mine early october, same story as everyone else week 47 then week 51 then week 1 then week 3, i checked my order history and there was a tracking number for dhl so i clicked the link and it took me to a german dhl site which stated the order had been shipped to the uk on friday of week 2, we are now in week 4 and still no sign of it. the tracking number supplied by dhl only works on the german dhl site and is not recognised in the uk.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭SONIC2008

bauble1 wrote: »
    I have a tracking no.! Says shipment has arrived in Irl. I bought via pigsback. Initially was week 49 which was moved to wk3 so fingers crossed it arrives in the next few days!!!
    What colour did you order? Mine is purple, still no tracking number though!

SONIC2008 wrote: »

I ordered a green one ... will update when it actually arrives!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 pwdrive

According to an email I received from Infurn last week the Orange coloured bean bag is going to be delivered from the 27th of February and onwards.

• Advertisement

alwaysadub wrote: »

283 of these sold on Boards deals.
    Prepare for another influx of irate customers.
    I have no sympathy for Boards, if this creates terrible publicity for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Hey lads, ordered one of the beanbags through boardsdeals - figured infurn would be reputable enough if on boards deals.

So I've made the order, gotten an email with an order number - however when I went to pay the €15 or so for delivery I was directed to a German site to enter credit card details - emailed infurn looking to know why the credit card site is non responsive and to ask how long delivery would take etc. but haven't heard back from them.

Also their number is ringing engaged.

Any idea as to whether I should cancel my order/stick it out etc?

I have the order number but it's not looking good from the start imo

Any advice would be appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Shoesa

I'd look back at all these pages if I were you. People ordered their beanbags in October and are still waiting.

I ordered my dark purple bag in early December... Originally it said "Week 2" and then it said "Week 7" around week 1.

People are definitely getting the beanbags, but you're in for a long wait.

The site was wonky for me too when I was trying to place an order, I ended up having to get my boyfriend to do it for me, because neither my own nor my mother's card details would work. :rolleyes: It's a complete bloody joke. I really want the beanbag though, so I'll put up with this crap.

Bloody SHAME on boards for setting these deals up. I'll also be absolutely furious if new customers somehow luck out and get their beanbags before the "queue" - which almost certainly won't happen anyway.

Your options are A: get a refund now. B: keep trying til the order gets placed and prepare to be waiting until March at the earliest to get your bag.

Shoesa wrote: »
    I'd look back at all these pages if I were you. People ordered their beanbags in October and are still waiting.

I ordered my dark purple bag in early December... Originally it said "Week 2" and then it said "Week 7" around week 1.

People are definitely getting the beanbags, but you're in for a long wait.

The site was wonky for me too when I was trying to place an order, I ended up having to get my boyfriend to do it for me, because neither my own nor my mother's card details would work. :rolleyes: It's a complete bloody joke. I really want the beanbag though, so I'll put up with this crap.

Bloody SHAME on boards for setting these deals up. I'll also be absolutely furious if new customers somehow luck out and get their beanbags before the "queue" - which almost certainly won't happen anyway.

Your options are A: get a refund now. B: keep trying til the order gets placed and prepare to be waiting until March at the earliest to get your bag.
    That's ridiculous delivery time it has to be said. I'll try to cancel and see if I can get my money back off boards deals perhaps.

I'd prefer to pay a little extra and get one in Argos or something than wait until March - I'm annoyed with myself for not checking this thread out sooner :(

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Shoesa

PaulieC wrote: »
    I'm annoyed with myself for not checking this thread out sooner :(

You shouldn't have to worry about checking bloody forums to see if you're going to get the damn product you want to buy by the time advertised. You shouldn't have to have your trust broken by a website you believed to be reputable!

I knew what I was getting myself into, and I still made the order because I really want the bloody beanbag. :o

I would imagine you'd be given a refund if you asked for you, totally up to you though.

Shoesa wrote: »
    You shouldn't have to worry about checking bloody forums to see if you're going to get the damn product you want to buy by the time advertised. You shouldn't have to have your trust broken by a website you believed to be reputable!

I knew what I was getting myself into, and I still made the order because I really want the bloody beanbag. :o

I would imagine you'd be given a refund if you asked for you, totally up to you though.
    I think I'll continue with the order tbh - I'll pay the delivery fee by bank transfer and wait it out, hopefully they'll come back to me soon.

Do they email you as soon as the order is being processed or do you have to log into the site to keep track of it?

Sorry for all the questions btw :)

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭elliebn

i too ordered a green one so hopefully if you get yours i will get mine

elliebn wrote: »
    i too ordered a green one so hopefully if you get yours i will get mine
    Fingers crossed for us both - have you paid by credit card or band transfer for the delivery charge if it's okay for me to ask that?

I had an issue with the credit card website I was directed to - it didn't take the details.

I'm assuming your order doesn't progress until you've paid the delivery fee.

PaulieC wrote: »
    Do they email you as soon as the order is being processed or do you have to log into the site to keep track of it?

No, they don't.
    They haven't responded to a single e-mail from me.
    All I get is spam about some other trash they're trying to flog.

Groupon have e-mailed me, telling me they'll seek a refund for me.
    Now they've come back with,

"We have received an update from Infurn regarding this. Unfortunately, due to stock issues, some orders could not be dispatched within the set delivery time. The partner have assured us, however, that all products should be dispatched by the end of the month."

This is total rubbish, as they just keep moving the delivery date.
    I would advise anyone to never, ever buy anything from Infurn.
    They're a joke who should be put out of business.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭aktelmiele

I finally got mine today.

Bought it start of November. The delivery date was Week 3 so not far off.

Got it in black. Only had a quick second to look at it but it is huge. Quality seems good too.

And the cherry on the top or the kick back for having to wait so long is that I requested a refund 2 weeks ago.

Money is in the account and still turned up.:D

Pigsback were good eventually in keeping me updated. Infurn responded once.

Would never, ever do business with Infurn again

• Advertisement

@ Paulie C, i paid my delivery charge by credit card but i ordered mine from groupon in November, dont remember there being any issue with paying. yeah until you pay the delivery charge you havent fully committed to the purchase and i dont think infurn get their payment until you do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 robrad30

aktelmiele wrote: »
    I finally got mine today.

Bought it start of November. The delivery date was Week 3 so not far off.

Got it in black. Only had a quick second to look at it but it is huge. Quality seems good too.

And the cherry on the top or the kick back for having to wait so long is that I requested a refund 2 weeks ago.

Money is in the account and still turned up.:D

Pigsback were good eventually in keeping me updated. Infurn responded once.

Would never, ever do business with Infurn again

Hi aktemiele,

I had ordered a black one too and also ordered waaaay back at the beginning of November. I've had the usual bs from Infurn about demand etc. I still have no tracking number up on my infurn account. Just wondering if you had a tracking number put up before you recieved your bean bag?

P.s. Was it worth the wait!?

Robrad30

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭aktelmiele

robrad30 wrote: »
    Hi aktemiele,

I had ordered a black one too and also ordered waaaay back at the beginning of November. I've had the usual bs from Infurn about demand etc. I still have no tracking number up on my infurn account. Just wondering if you had a tracking number put up before you recieved your bean bag?

P.s. Was it worth the wait!?

Robrad30

I never got an email about a tracking notification. Just happened to look into my Infurn account and it was there. Shipped by DHL DE.

Cant totally comment on the quality. Pulled it out of the box but then had to leg it to work. For me personally I paid for the shipping so either way it will be worth it.

elliebn wrote: »
    @ Paulie C, i paid my delivery charge by credit card but i ordered mine from groupon in November, dont remember there being any issue with paying. yeah until you pay the delivery charge you havent fully committed to the purchase and i dont think infurn get their payment until you do that.
    I might just go back to boards deals and request my money back - I'd like to wait for it etc. but it seems like an awful lot of hassle.

If I was to pay the delivery fee and not follow up on it do you guys still think it would be delivered? I don't want the hassle of having to chase and harrass Infurn/Boards Deals about this tbh

Just got out of awful trouble with Meteor customer service and that went on for over a month - not in the form for another long, drawn out affair like this appears it may be :(

im fairly stubborn so am going to stick it out and wait for the beanbag. as for if you should cancel it depends on how quickly you want it. people have been getting them over the past few weeks so im hopeful

• Registered Users Posts: 11 annieb2010

I ordered a bean bag on the 10th October 2011. My account on Infurn's website states delivery in week 46 - that was last year and well gone and no bean bag received!!! It hasn't been updated with a new delivery date. Have sent several emails but again, no reply. Have tried calling but just keep getting an answering machine which is spoken in a foreign language and I can't understand it :mad: Really furious and will never ever buy from these again. Groupon did offer to refund me the money I paid for the actual beanbag but I refused because I also paid €17.50 directly to Infurn for the delivery which I reckon I would never get back if I was to cancel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Inthepink

I'm waiting for 2 to arrive - meant to be wk 03 - but I have just had an email from Groupon saying apologising for the delay with Infurn and advising me that the beanbag will be with me no later than 17th March - Infurn have also updated my delivery dates to 09 and 10. They have also given me a £40 voucher off my next purchase with Infurn - no chance! I was also going to ask for my money back but I guess I'll have to wait now. Fingers crossed.

Beanbag arrived :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭fluffybunny124

How far did you get with groupon? They asked me for the order date and transaction number but I've a feeling it could take a while to hear anything more back from them!

They were really helpful- I got the full €59 back onto my card already. They have said that infurn should request the 15€ postage back to me within 7 days so we will watch this space.

Obviously worth the shot posting on their facebook page! Worked for me.;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Got sick of this and after repeatedly emailing groupon and infurn, I rang groupon this morning and asked for an immediate refund. They tried to tell me it would take a min. of 15 days while they chase infurn for the post and packaging.

I've allegedly now had the refund for the voucher processed, and just need to chase infurn for the p&p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement