Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Groupon/Infurn.com Bigboy Beanbag

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭ccazza

I ordered two in October, cancelled them just before Christmas and got money back from ratemyarea, excellent customer service from them. Then I received one in January. No postage refunded on the other bag though infirm sent me an email saying I would get a refund. I wouldn't think to much of the quality. Home store and more have one on special offer for €50 at the moment and I'd say it's just as good if not better than this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

Just saw this thread and was confused. I ordered a bean bag on grabone.ie and it arrived in time and was fab quality but it's a different company so just for those who were burned, if you are still looking for a bean bag and an offer like this

http://www.grabone.ie/dublin/xxl-bean-bag-1 comes up, go for it in my opinion.
    Only thing was I ordered |"purple" and its more aubergine/brown but other than that it's a good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Stheno wrote: »
    Got sick of this and after repeatedly emailing groupon and infurn, I rang groupon this morning and asked for an immediate refund. They tried to tell me it would take a min. of 15 days while they chase infurn for the post and packaging.

I've allegedly now had the refund for the voucher processed, and just need to chase infurn for the p&p
    I haven't paid the P&P to infurn so I might just contact Boards Deals and request a refund and forget about it

Seems like too much hassle for a bean bag like.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭City-Exile

ash23 wrote: »
    Just saw this thread and was confused. I ordered a bean bag on grabone.ie and it arrived in time and was fab quality but it's a different company so just for those who were burned, if you are still looking for a bean bag and an offer like this

http://www.grabone.ie/dublin/xxl-bean-bag-1 comes up, go for it in my opinion.
    Only thing was I ordered |"purple" and its more aubergine/brown but other than that it's a good one.

I wonder where eVenta were sourcing them from?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 oxplox

I am totally confused. Infurn sent me an email saying they would cancel my order and refund shipping. Groupon sent me an email saying they would refund me. I have not received a refund from either, but logging onto Infurn website I see my order says it will ship in Week 4.

I also contacted Boards about the fact that they were offering they same deal and directed them to this thread. Received the following response:

"Thanks for your email. We have spoken to Infurn about this before running the deal and are satisfied that they are catching up with previous orders and will be able to fulfill Boards Deals orders within the 5-6 week time frame given. If you have any queries about this or any other Boards Deal, please do let us know. "

Doubtful.

• Advertisement

oxplox wrote: »
    I am totally confused. Infurn sent me an email saying they would cancel my order and refund shipping. Groupon sent me an email saying they would refund me. I have not received a refund from either, but logging onto Infurn website I see my order says it will ship in Week 4.

I also contacted Boards about the fact that they were offering they same deal and directed them to this thread. Received the following response:

"Thanks for your email. We have spoken to Infurn about this before running the deal and are satisfied that they are catching up with previous orders and will be able to fulfill Boards Deals orders within the 5-6 week time frame given. If you have any queries about this or any other Boards Deal, please do let us know. "

Doubtful.
    Not sure whether to take that with a pinch of salt or not tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

City-Exile wrote: »
    I wonder where eVenta were sourcing them from?

The tag on mine is rucomfy which seems to be a UK company

http://www.rucomfybeanbags.co.uk/bean-bags-by-style/floor-cushion-bean-bags.html?p=2

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭elliebn

Infurn have just been discussed on Four Live on their consumer section, nothing new to report just that they are having delays and if people want refunds to contact groupon

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭SONIC2008

Wow, just got this email from groupon about my purple beanbag ordered in November... No offer of a refund or anything! By the way I got stung for two orders from groupon, the other was a kids beanie armchair from a company called bodini! They must be up the walls with complaints judging on the rushed email!

"Thank you for sending me the details.

Infurn have provided us with an accurate dispatch list for the bean bags, your beanbag has an export date of 03/03/2012, and you will receive it within 5 wokring days of this date, I am sincerely sorry for the severe delay.

I am still awiating an update with regards to yoru orderr with Bodini.

Kind regards
    ******"

I've emailed boards deals today stating that I can't get through to Infurn and that I want to cancel the order and requesting a refund

Hopefully I won't have too much hassle getting a refund and they get back to me quickly.

*EDIT - just heard back from boards deals and they've put through a refund which will take up to 5 days to get into my card - very impressed with the swiftness of their reply

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 Shoesa

SONIC2008 wrote: »

Infurn have provided us with an accurate dispatch list for the bean bags, your beanbag has an export date of 03/03/2012, and you will receive it within 5 wokring days of this date, I am sincerely sorry for the severe delay.

******"

I also ordered a purple one, and the delivery was supposed to be week 2, then week 7. March? Are you fudging kidding me? MARCH is no where near 6 weeks. Frankly, that just isn't good enough.

I had a look at that rucomfy website and they advertise dispatch in just 3 days, with arrival in 7 working days to Ireland. Plus you can get those beanbags as either canvas or cotton.

Seriously contemplating canceling my order. I actually need the damn thing, it's for my study because I have a chronic pain disorder and I can't work for long times sitting up. So. Groupon will most likely be getting another demand for refund, which is only bloody right. It said 6 weeks delivery, contract has been broken.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

Shoesa wrote: »
    I also ordered a purple one, and the delivery was supposed to be week 2, then week 7. March? Are you fudging kidding me? MARCH is no where near 6 weeks. Frankly, that just isn't good enough.

I had a look at that rucomfy website and they advertise dispatch in just 3 days, with arrival in 7 working days to Ireland. Plus you can get those beanbags as either canvas or cotton.

Seriously contemplating canceling my order. I actually need the damn thing, it's for my study because I have a chronic pain disorder and I can't work for long times sitting up. So. Groupon will most likely be getting another demand for refund, which is only bloody right. It said 6 weeks delivery, contract has been broken.

Cancel it and get the other one. Most likely youll still get the infurn order too, but at least youll get what you pay for in a timely fashion and not have to deal with non existant replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭clodola

I just got a refund off Groupon, hopefully have it in 5 working days!

Elephant beanbags are doing 20% off (irish company too), might get one of these

ELE20 as promo code on checkout, free delivery too

JAN30 for 30% off

http://www.elephantbrand.ie/

Why is everyone getting a refund from Groupon, except me!?
    My delivery date is still reported as being last week.
    I've got multiple automated responses from Infurn, along with a load of spam (as if I'd ever get them another cent).

Groupon have tried to fob me off with excuses about stock delays.
    It's simply not good enough!

clodola wrote: »
    I just got a refund off Groupon, hopefully have it in 5 working days!

Elephant beanbags are doing 20% off (irish company too), might get one of these

ELE20 as promo code on checkout, free delivery too

JAN30 for 30% off

http://www.elephantbrand.ie/

Saw them at a fair before Christmas.
    The quality seemed good, but even with 30% off, €139.30 is a lot of money for a nylon bag filled with polystyrene beads.

Did you just email Groupon or have you called them up? I'm going to call them, it forces people to be more straight with you.

And yeah, I wouldn't pay a cent over 100 euro for one of those beanbags... I only bought into this offer to begin with because of how cheap it was, I never anticipated perfect quality. I DID however expect better than having my delivery date changed and not being informed when I was going to actually receive the bloody product I paid for.

just received an email regarding Infurn.

""BigBoy Giant Beanbag With Choice Of 10 Colours for €59 from Infurn (53% Off)"

We apologise for the delay in delivery of your BigBoy Giant Beanbag. Your product is due to arrive on or no later than Friday 24th February 2012.

We'd like to apologise for the delay receiving your product and any inconvenience this may have caused. As a thank you for your patience, Infurn have kindly agreed to offer €50 off towards your next purchase from them.

To claim your €50 off simply go to: www.infurn.com and include the special voucher code 'JBH3RT34SW' when prompted in the checkout process. Please note, because this is for returning Groupon customers only, you must include the same personal information you used when placing your original Groupon beanbag order.

Kind regards,
    The Customer Service Team"

Glad to have gotten the email to be honest, will wait for the beanbag till the date they gave me, I will NOT however be using or claiming the voucher from Infurn

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

Just received this from Groupon
    We apologise for the delay in delivery of your BigBoy Giant Beanbag. Your product is due to arrive on or no later than Wednesday 21st March 2012.

We'd like to apologise for the delay receiving your product and any inconvenience this may have caused. As a thank you for your patience, Infurn have kindly agreed to offer €50 off towards your next purchase from them

Yeah I just got basically the same message:

"We apologise for the delay in delivery of your BigBoy Giant Beanbag. Your product is due to arrive on or no later than Wednesday 21st March 2012. "

What. The. ****. That's not week 7. That's not even CLOSE to "6 weeks delivery" regardless of backlog.

Yeah... I don't think so somehow. I feel incredibly dicked around. F*ck that. I'm canceling.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Board_silly

just got an email from groupon offering €50 coupon for infurn as the beanbag now wont be delivered until 21st of march (ordered beginning of nov 2011).

What a joke... all I want is the product ordered delivered within the maximum specified time offered when ordered. need less to say the order has been cancelled and groupon have assured me that the delivery fee charged will be refunded and they will chase it up.

Anybody thinkng of taking up any offer with infurn or even thinking of buying from them direct....think again - in fact dont bother. any deal they give is not worth the stress and hassle.

RTE have a new consumer show starting production shortly.... get value out of your tv licence and if your having problems with infurn let them know at consumers at rte.ie. im going to contact tem so the more the merrier

• Advertisement

I got the same mail about the voucher.
    What an insult!
    How stupid do they think we are!?
    You don't get ripped off by someone, then go back for more.
    I told them where to stick their voucher.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭fluffybunny124

The Bean Bag on Grabone looks great and great reviews on their home page.

Has anyone actually received back any reply off Infurn , apart from the generated reply ??

Also has anyone received Delivery charges back off them either ? :(

My order has been updated to say delivery expected Week 8.
    I just want my money back from the filthy thieves!

Got my money back from BoardsDeals - very happy with them - fast service, very efficient

I got on the phone to Groupon Support and they were extremely helpful. Since I paid by PayPal I should have my money back straight away.

They gave me an address to chase up Infurn for the postage so hopefully that'll go smoothly...

Definitely not going to let this tarnish my view of Groupon/Citydeal, but I will never purchase from Infurn. Ever.

I went ahead and ordered a beanbag from rucomfy.co.uk and I'll let people know what it's like when it arrives (and I'll make it clear it's not Infurn's).

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭gramlab

Got mine last week. Ordered back in October (I think). Saw reports of people getting some so I said I would just wait it out. Kids are camped out on it in the living room for the last week. It's a bloody big yoke of a thing but they are happy with it.

Oh and I know it's a double post, but let me outline the way this went for me:

December 7th: ordered beanbag from infurn. "Week 2"
    December 24th: changed to "Week 7"
    Contacted Groupon and got two indications of another date: February 18th or March 21st.
    Yet today Infurn also changed it to "Week 11".

5 date changes in less than 2 months.

The beanbag I ordered last Thursday from this other crowd has already been dispatched. :rolleyes: For the 20-30 euro extra, I'm getting a beanbag possibly MONTHS earlier, and I was also sent two emails already detailing how to avail of their customer care, as well as letting me know that it has been dispatched, with a number.

I don't blame Groupon for this but Jeeeeeeezus. I'll probably be getting my beanbag by the end of the week from an order only placed on Thursday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 madbev

Been checking this thread periodically to see how other orders were progressing and didn't hold out much hope but shock/horror I actually received my bean bag today after waiting since the beginning of November! There appeared to be little black marks all over the fabric (we ordered Lime Green) but on further inspection it's the polystyrene balls causing a shadow on the fabric. The material is ok more of a waterproof polyester than the treated cotton ones we have seen but for the price it'll do the job and our 5 year old loves it! I'm amazed it arrived but it has done Infurn no favours for the amount of unhappy customers they have had due to the extremely slow delivery and lack of communication.

madbev wrote: »
    There appeared to be little black marks all over the fabric (we ordered Lime Green) but on further inspection it's the polystyrene balls causing a shadow on the fabric. The material is ok more of a waterproof polyester than the treated cotton ones we have seen.

I have also ordered the lime green one, is it that the material is very thin and you can see the balls? any chance you could post a pic, getting worried ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

Just received this from Infurn
    Dear xxxx,

Thank you for your email.

The phone number 00442088167194 is not for our service center. Our support phone number is [URL="tel:%2B44%202031371108"]+44 2031371108[/URL].

Groupon has informed us of your cancellation.
    We are sorry that you have chosen to cancel your order, but we will of course process your request and refund the shipping costs as soon as possible.

If you have further inquiries then please contact us again.

Sincerely Your INFURN team
    The only number which I'd previous had for them (through automated emails from them and one generic letter) was the one above ending in 149 - they hung up every time I rang it. Given that I now appear to have been successful with my cancellation I'm not arsed ringing trying the new number. However, it's there if others feel the need to get in contact with them. Please give them an earful.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement