Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Groupon/Infurn.com Bigboy Beanbag

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 stanepoke

There is light at the end of the tunnel........... I received my big boy yesterday it is navy blue (which i ordered in october) and is made of heavy duty nylon im well impressed with it, so hang on in there people.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭rameire

from a pigsback email
    below is the latest update on dispatch dates we have from Infurn:
    The bean bags are being produced and dispatched on a colour by colour basis.
    Feb 10th – black, green, red, white, yellow
    Mar 8th – blue, brown, grey, light grey, navy, olive green, orange, pink, purple

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Aimzsandy

Its been about a month and a half, have finally recieved refund from both groupon and infurn after numerous emails and phone calls complaining.

For those wanting a refund, keep trying and you shall suceed.

I have now ordered a another bean bag from an English company, hopefully this service is much better

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭City-Exile

I was told by Groupon, before Christmas, that they were processing my refund.
    Then I got a series of different e-mails, always from a different Groupon Customer Support person, telling me that they were looking into the delay in my order.
    Then I got an e-mail from another Groupon person, saying they had sent me mixed information, were sorry about that, my order should be shipped in a month & offered me a voucher.

Now I know they might feel a lot of this is out of their hands, but I was told that my refund was being processed & I want a refund. That was what was agreed. I don't have room for a giant bean bag. It was bought as a gift, which had to be replaced, as I needed it for Christmas. Infurn are very lucky the don't have an office in Ireland, because they'd be getting a visit from me.

Groupon have been on to say that they've cancelled my order.
    Result!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

City-Exile wrote: »
    Groupon have been on to say that they've cancelled my order.
    Result!
    Congrats :)

Got my money back from boards deals the other day - delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭fluffybunny124

Still awaiting a refund from Infurn. :mad::mad:

Like another poster said, infurn are lucky they dont have a local branch here.

I have sent them a ridiculous amount of emails and only that automated junk reply back.

Anyone see the " Big Bertha" bean bags today on Groupon ??

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Shoesa

I got my beanbag from rucomfy today - I ordered it only last thursday, so that's impressive. It's gorgeous, really full of beans, nice material, no uneven threads or seams. I'll see if I can upload a pic later, in case people who have cancelled want to get a beanbag elsewhere. Both my parents had a good sit in it and agreed it was lovely and comfy.

Now just got to get back to harassing Infurn for postage.

I'm going to start making & selling my own beanbags.
    There must be massive profit in them.

Good idea about making your own bean bags!

Im sure they would be better than Infurns anyways!! :D

• Advertisement

Shoesa wrote: »
    I got my beanbag from rucomfy today - I ordered it only last thursday, so that's impressive. It's gorgeous, really full of beans, nice material, no uneven threads or seams. I'll see if I can upload a pic later, in case people who have cancelled want to get a beanbag elsewhere. Both my parents had a good sit in it and agreed it was lovely and comfy.

Now just got to get back to harassing Infurn for postage.

Was the beanbag expensice Shoesa??

** expensive**

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Shoesa

Altogether I think it came to €90 because of shipping - but I'm glad I paid more, as I'm lying on it right now, and I absolutely love it. It arrived in like 8 days too. It's well made, the colour is lovely and material is quite comfy too. :)

I took some good pics of it with my good camera but the SD card is acting up . . . I'll see if I can upload one from my phone, and I'll leave my laptop on it for scale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 gianni1

I also ordered the bigboy back in the beginning of November (green colour) and have also experienced all that i have read on this thread. Lack of communication, random progress emails from Infurn and responses from Groupon asking me to "hang in there".

Well i have to say that ONE day before the final(!!) delivery estimate from Groupon, the XXL
    bigboy finally arrived yesterday THREE MONTHS LATER. its M-A-S-S-I-V-E. Im nearly 16 stone and 6' 1" and it took me about 20 seconds to grasp the size of this thing. Its 180 x 140 and (very) wide. the material has a water-repellent feel to it as opposed to something soft but i have to say thats its very comfortable.

One thing that my wife first noticed was slight transparency of the material. She noticed because quite alot of the beads inside are BLACK instead of white. this gives the bag a little bit of a mouldy :-s look to it!! has anyone else (at least with darker colours) opened the bag and seen this? is this actual mould or do they come in black as well. (!?!)

P.S i took a photo of this and can upload later on tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭elliebn

this gives me hope that mine should be here soon. not too happy about the black beads inside that you mention, can you replace them with white ones? i know its more expense but if its going to make it look better i might

Just checked my Infurn account and i have a tracking no. it just says its been scanned at dhl origin

Yes it will come....eventually.

The black beads cant be replaced on their own as they are mixed with about a trillion white beads. i would have to throw the whole lot away and refill the bag.

I calculated that the bag is 2.52 CUBIC METRES.

Of couse nobody fills a beanbag to the top otherwise it would not be useable. Assuming that its 60% full, this means that you need 1.51 CUBIC METRES of bean bag fill, which calculates to 53.33 CUBIC FEET

The cheapest i found for 40 CUBIC FEET was £78 on ebay. This could be quite expensive to fill in the end.

We may have to live with this annoying mouldy look...or spend another approx. £100 for 53 CUBIC FEET.

Expensive fix!

thanks for the calculations, you're right doesnt seem worth it to fix it. cant believe that its going to look mouldy though, kind of takes the shine off the last bit of hope i had

• Registered Users Posts: 15 roversully

Hi Guys,

I got my bean bag on the 6th of Feb I ordered it mid October.

The beanbag came, and it is VERY poor, very few beans (polystyrene balls), its only about 1/10 full and when you sit on it the few beans go to the sides and your bum ends up on the hard floor.

Word of warning DONT BUY FROM INFURN

They also dont reply to emails or answer their phones

• Registered Users Posts: 15 roversully

gianni1 wrote: »
    I also ordered the bigboy back in the beginning of November (green colour) and have also experienced all that i have read on this thread. Lack of communication, random progress emails from Infurn and responses from Groupon asking me to "hang in there".

Well i have to say that ONE day before the final(!!) delivery estimate from Groupon, the XXL
    bigboy finally arrived yesterday THREE MONTHS LATER. its M-A-S-S-I-V-E. Im nearly 16 stone and 6' 1" and it took me about 20 seconds to grasp the size of this thing. Its 180 x 140 and (very) wide. the material has a water-repellent feel to it as opposed to something soft but i have to say thats its very comfortable.

One thing that my wife first noticed was slight transparency of the material. She noticed because quite alot of the beads inside are BLACK instead of white. this gives the bag a little bit of a mouldy :-s look to it!! has anyone else (at least with darker colours) opened the bag and seen this? is this actual mould or do they come in black as well. (!?!)

P.S i took a photo of this and can upload later on tonight.

Hi did you get actual beads in yours? Was it fairly full??

Mine came and was white polystyrene balls but very few of them, not enough to be comfy at all!!! we have an elephant one and there is about twice / three times the amount of balls in that one

Hi

yes mine is 60% full and i would say is an exact replica of the one you see on the infurn website.

Strange that there seems to be an inconsistency with fill levels...mine is very comfy and im heavy!

One issue i am having is the black beads which make the bag look mouldy as its an "off" colour through the light green exterior (!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 mysteryqueue

Has anyone received a red beanbag yet? My order changed to week 6 recently but still has no tracking number, am I right in thinking this is now week 6?

If anyone receives a red bag in this current batch of deliveries, or even gets a tracking number can they let me know

hmm not sure where to host my photos.

anybody want them via email?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭rameire

gianni1 wrote: »
    hmm not sure where to host my photos.

anybody want them via email?

http://wthax.org/

didi mao

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

Starting to get a bit worried now :S

Ordered from boards deals. Fingers crossed that my one arrives and is ok. I ordered olive btw. Anyone received an olive one yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 emmallow

Registered to notify you all of this,

A representative from Infurn has been contacting cutomers who have complained on trustpilot!

http://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.infurn.com

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭almalahide

Companies use that site to appear high on Google searches!

emmallow wrote: »
    Registered to notify you all of this,

A representative from Infurn has been contacting cutomers who have complained on trustpilot!

http://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.infurn.com

Thanks emallow- have just left a rating on trust pilot!!!

Thanks for the heads up!! :)

My green beanbag just arrived with An Post. it seems to be quite full of beads so no problems when i lay on it. its quite big. i see what people mean about the dark beads that you can see through the cover, there arent that many dark ones in mine but it does appear like a bit of damp or dirt. the colour i ordered was lime green. so glad that its finally here

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 robrad30

elliebn wrote: »
    My green beanbag just arrived with An Post. it seems to be quite full of beads so no problems when i lay on it. its quite big. i see what people mean about the dark beads that you can see through the cover, there arent that many dark ones in mine but it does appear like a bit of damp or dirt. the colour i ordered was lime green. so glad that its finally here

Hi elliebn,

Did you get a tracking number on your infurn page before you got it?

Cheers,

robrad30

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement