Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Groupon/Infurn.com Bigboy Beanbag

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭simonrooneyzaga

Beanbag arrived today! (5 months and 10 days) - (6-8 weeks) Late!

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭SONIC2008

Beanbag arrived today! (5 months and 10 days) - (6-8 weeks) Late!

At least you got yours! With the exception of the extended delay, are you happy with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭rameire

pigsback beanbags will start arriving en-mass this week.

quote from facemuck
    "The green, black & red bean bags have arrived into the country. The remaining colours will be dispatched next week so you should have it by the end of the month."

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Got mine from a pigsback deal with Infurn.Frankly,its a joke of a beanbag,one third filled with crappy cheap styrofoam beads.When I sit on it I may as well be sitting on the floor.Disgusted I wasted money on these jokers.I mailed pigsback and Infurn.....I'll be waitin ages for a reply from that Infurn crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

toby2111 wrote: »
    Got mine from a pigsback deal with Infurn.Frankly,its a joke of a beanbag,one third filled with crappy cheap styrofoam beads.When I sit on it I may as well be sitting on the floor.Disgusted I wasted money on these jokers.I mailed pigsback and Infurn.....I'll be waitin ages for a reply from that Infurn crowd.

Crikey doesnt sound good. Is it possible to top it up with locally bought beans?

• Advertisement

ronan45 wrote: »
    Crikey doesnt sound good. Is it possible to top it up with locally bought beans?
    I don't know.Honestly,its a joke of an effort.I've demanded a refund from both pigsback and Infurn.

Did it actually come from Infurn? I ordered one with groupon back in November. It was supposed to be supplied by Infurn but due to Infurn not being able to supply it, its supposed to come from http://www.buyyourbeanbags.co.uk/

Yep,mine defo from Infurn,huge box with name on the side but its as light as a feather....which goes to show how few beans are in the beanbag.Still waiting on pigsback or those other jokers to reply to my complaint from yesterday......I won't hold my breath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 robrad30

Hi folks,

I was one of the Groupon customers who went for the new deal with buyyourbeanbags when I was offered the new deal. Got my new beanbag super quick, and I'm really happy with it!

Last week though , I actually recieved the original infurn delivery too! I contacted Sonia Harris from infurn saying that if she wanted it she would have to send someone to come get it, and I was basically told they couldn't, and I could keep my Infurn beanbag. Now I've got two monstrous beanbags.

SONIC2008 wrote: »
    At least you got yours! With the exception of the extended delay, are you happy with it?

Yeh my one's nice - plenty of beans.. by the sounds of things there is huge variance in this.

There is a zip you can open to put more beans/ shredded newspaper / shredded infurn gift certificates so I'd advise anyone unhappy with the bag to check out that as an option before returning it.

Took so long to get hear, it'd be a shame to send it back :pac:

• Advertisement

Yeh my one's nice - plenty of beans.. by the sounds of things there is huge variance in this.

There is a zip you can open to put more beans/ shredded newspaper / shredded infurn gift certificates in so I'd advise anyone unhappy with the bag to check out that as an option before returning it.

Took so long to get here, it'd be a shame to send it back :pac:

Awh I still haven't got mine! I ordered from the new company groupon teamed up with. They guaranteed delivery within 4 weeks I think, and for me that will be next week. I wont hold my breath!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Wobble_Wobble

Still have not received my beanbags that were ordered in October from InFurn through Pigsback.

Today I received a Pigsback notification of a new beanbag offer.

To say I'm insulted is an understatement.

I've waited patiently for the order and now see this.

I have requested a full refund for beanbags and the delivery that was extra and will wait to see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭rameire

what colour is the bean bag, as you should have received an email last week from pigsback to say you will get the bean bag before the end of next week.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Wobble_Wobble

The beanbag's are both Pink.

Last contact was initiated by myself on the 12/3/2012 and responded on the 13/3/2012.

Last un-requested update I received was 5/3/2012.

I have not received any email stating I'd have the beanbag by the end of next week.

I should have got my money back instead of ordering from the replacement site (www.buyyourbeanbags.co.uk) after my failed Infurn order. I still haven't recieved delivery refund from Infurn! Groupon told me that the new company would deliver within 4 weeks. How stupid was I to believe Groupon! Guess what, they were lying AGAIN. I just can't believe that they allow all the companies to sell an unlimited amount of products when they know they will not be able to supply them in a suitable timeframe. I emailed buyyourbeanbags and they have told me that my order is due to be delivered within 4 weeks of being ordered (which is over 4 weeks ago.) It hasn't even been posted yet, because they said they will provide a tracking number once it is posted.

At the begining I was kind of laying the blame on Infurn, until I ordered something else from another site groupon offered coupons for, which also took 3 months, and now this beanbag has been ordered 4 months ago and still hasn't arrived.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 pwdrive

I have now received my Orange BigBoy XXL here in Sweden. Delivery made straight to the door as it should be. The bag itself is pretty neat and big, nice orange color and its cozy! I can't complain about the filling either as I'm pretty satisfied with that aswell.

Have people got their refunds for delivery from infurn?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Karen329

I still havent gotten my postage refund. Ive emailed 3 times and the numbers just ring once before being cut off. Have others gotten then postage refunded?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

Have people got their refunds for delivery from infurn?
    Karen329 wrote: »
    I still havent gotten my postage refund. Ive emailed 3 times and the numbers just ring once before being cut off. Have others gotten then postage refunded?
    As mentioned earlier in this thread, register with Trustpilot. Right a review of your experience with Infurn expressing your grievance. You'll likely be contacted quite soon thereafter via whichever contact number you'd given and you'll receive probably receive your refund sometime afterwards. It took about a week for me.

• Advertisement

Thanks a million :)

Lemag wrote: »
    As mentioned earlier in this thread, register with Trustpilot. Right a review of your experience with Infurn expressing your grievance. You'll likely be contacted quite soon thereafter via whichever contact number you'd given and you'll receive probably receive your refund sometime afterwards. It took about a week for me.

Did as you said and have my refund! Thanks for that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 mysteryqueue

Just been on the phone to groupon trying to get a code for this new deal.

I can only assume I was being charged as the person on the line would not take my groupon code or reference number to search for my purchase and instead insisted on searching by my name. (Despite the fact that previous emails to groupon were responded to with details of my purchase from simply the groupon code)

This call went on for 15 minutes with them pretending to be searching in vain for my order, and ended with them asking for the last four digits of my card number, and as they couldnt find it with that they would need the long number and some other card details, as i've already been screwed over enough by these people, providing them with my card details was the last thing I need so ended the call.

I've never had a call that seemed so fraudulent in my life, there is no reason why someone should need your long card number or security code to search for an order, and i'm also fairly sure that a call centre agent should not be able to view my card details, so I would advise anyone to be very wary when dealing with these people.

I'm afraid at this stage i'm going to have to just admit defeat and give up on receiving anything or getting a refund.

Well I can't believe i'm on here to report this, but I have received my beanbag from Infurn!

After my previous comment I admitted defeat and haven't thought about this debacle since, but yesterday, completely unannounced, a delivery man showed up at my door with the bean bag.

It's almost hilarious at this point, an item ordered over half a year ago (november 3rd 2011!) has finally arrived, and I must admit its actually a really good beanbag!

Got my beanbag from "buy your beanbags" last week. Must say it's very impressive, it's suede like (I was expecting canvas, probably because that's what I had originally ordered from infurn) so it's really soft and it's very cosy. :-). We had to pour the beans into the bag (and made a nice mess of it haha). We were delighted with the product, its absolutely top quality with plenty of beans supplied. My sister is delighted with her late Xmas gift haha!!

Oh and I never received the postage charge from infurn on the original beanbag which they failed to deliver.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 brk69

I like so many others ordered the infamous beanbag from Infurn through Groupon. I got a refund for the beanbag sometime ago, but there was no sign of the postage refund. Truth to tell I'd forgotton about it. Anyway, today I received the following email from Groupon:

“BigBoy Giant Beanbag With Choice Of 10 Colours for €59 from Infurn (53% Off)”
    We know that you have been waiting a very long time for Infurn to refund your postage and packaging (P&P). Given the lengthy delay, and as a way of expediting this matter for you, we have taken over the processing of P&P refunds.

To request your P&P refund simply reply to this email with the following information:

- Bank sort code
    - Bank account number
    - Name of bank
    - Name of bank account holder

Once we’ve received this information it can take up to 5 working days for the funds to be transferred back to your account. Should you have any issues do get in touch.

That's all from us for now. We hope to see you again soon.

Is this for real? Do they really expect me to hand over all my bank details? In an email? Can anyone confirm that this is genuine? I have emailed Groupon but haven't heard anything back yet.

Yes it is genuine! I also had that email today and another email from paypal telling me I had been refunded. So obviously I didn't have to go ahead and send them any details because they automatically refunded me to the paypal address I bought with originally.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 ger1524

Yes it is genuine! I also had that email today and another email from paypal telling me I had been refunded. So obviously I didn't have to go ahead and send them any details because they automatically refunded me to the paypal address I bought with originally.
    I too have suffered grief through the crowd of cowboys known as 'INFURN'. Four beanbags ordered, none arrived, one clock ordered through their website and delivery date constantly changes. Was expecting it in February, then changed to 6th June and now apparently it's due for delivery in late August. FFS it's only a small clock that I ordered and they can't get that sorted. Avoid INFURN like the plague. They are a cowboy company with very little in their customers. I'm now trying to take action against them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ElNino18

<snip>
    I ordered them a table in Sept 2011. After changing delivery dates a 100 times (giving everytime new excuses), I could finally cancelled this order after 34 weeks (this is their terms for cancellation!!!). I did so in July 2012 and I was supposed to get my money back within 30 working days!
    It's been now 75 days and I didn't see a peny back on my account. They gave me another 100 excuses for this delay (the last one was that the person in charge of refunding went on holidays!!! With MY MONEY!!!).
    <SNIP>!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ElNino18

Do not order anything with Infurn PERIOD Unless you wanna loose your money!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Has anyone ordered an xl beanbag on Groupon in the last few weeks? I was gonna order one....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement