Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Groupon/Infurn.com Bigboy Beanbag

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

Usually pigsback only give refunds within 5-7 days of purchase. If you have used the voucher code already then I can imagine you wont receive a refund as you have already purchased it.

You could try getting a refund from infurn....just dont hold your breath

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Was just doing a quick google search to see if anyone anywhere on the internet has actually gotten their infurn beanbag yet and no joy so far:( Did come accross this "press release" type of thing though http://www.tradesignalonline.com/charts/news.aspx?id=879711&filter=&catid=0 stating that infurn has sold 40,000 beanbags through groupon alone and has opened 2 more facilities and is producing them 24 hours a day! I'll take it with a pinch of salt and still don't reckon I'll ever get mine though:mad: Ordered through ratemyarea deals about 6 weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

gramlab wrote: »
    I ordered one through pigsback. After a week with no confirmation from infurn and reading all the threads about it I mailed them and asked what was going on. In the meantime I clicked the request refund button to see waht I had to do to get one (nearly always a page that tells you how but not this time) and a message came up saying the request was being processed.

I've mailed pigsback to see if the refund is going ahead or is the deal actually on. This was their reply:

"The refund won't go ahead once the voucher is redeemed, which it will be if you use it. Thanks for your patience"

I have used it because I put the code into the Infurn site. To me this means they are saying that once I've ordered it I cant get any refund.

Am I reading this right???

You should try calling pigsback if you can. I had bought one with Groupon and used it, but was still able to get a refund. I then rang Infurn and they refunded me the deliverly charge about 5 days after the call.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭rameire

have faith people.
    if you bill it, they will come.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭gramlab

Have been on to pigsback and they say the deal is on as far as they are concerned. Thats fine, but if this does go south how long would you have to wait without any confirmation or beanbag before pigsback and the rest do anything about it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭cbyrne11

gramlab wrote: »
    Have been on to pigsback and they say the deal is on as far as they are concerned. Thats fine, but if this does go south how long would you have to wait without any confirmation or beanbag before pigsback and the rest do anything about it?

I cancelled mine, cited that it says on the bigboybeanbag website that their imitiaion and that I was looking to buy one of those ones! Ended up buying off another site, little more expensive than groupon called beanbagbazaar (about 180 for two delivered), order tuesday and will be there for me when I get home!

Sure if you tell them it's a fake they'll have to give your money back, there are using another companies name! 40 thousand though that's impressive

cbyrne11 wrote: »

Sure if you tell them it's a fake they'll have to give your money back, there are using another companies name! 40 thousand though that's impressive

No they are not. Big boy is not a registered trade mark. I could make bean bags tomorrow and name them big boy bean bags.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭cbyrne11

Irishchick wrote: »
    No they are not. Big boy is not a registered trade mark. I could make bean bags tomorrow and name them big boy bean bags.

Supppose so but I bought one because I thought it was the big boy beanbags that I had seen before. The original company should have trademarked it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

Despite it saying delivery week 46, nothing arrived thus far...

Email I got from them. Not encouraging that there is spelling mistakes either :/

Dear ****,

We are very sorry for the slight delay in your order with us.
    We were not expecting the huge success with our beanbag offer on Groupon throughout Europe.
    Normally, the delivery time on our beanbags is 4-6 weeks. Now, we unfortunately have to add an additional weel.

You can follow your order online on www.infurn.com -> to account.
    As soon as your beanbag is shipped out, tracking numbers will appear in your order.

Yet again our sincere apologies.

Kind regards,

INFURN- Customer Care

--
    INFURN
    www.infurn.com

Service Hotline: +44 2031371108
    support@infurn.com

Designfurn Ltd.
    1A Pope Street, London SE1 2PH, United Kingdom
    http://www.infurn.com/en/company-information

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭groovyg

Sounds like the company bit off more than they could chew like this lady who sold so many cupcakes she couldn't keep up with orders
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2064208/Cupcake-calamity-Website-discount-deal-leaves-baker-swamped-orders-102-000-cakes-wipes-profits.html

If they sold 20 000 beanbags thats a lot of beanbags that have to be delivered in a short space of time

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭gramlab

Did people get any confirmation mails from infurn that their order was received.

I paid the postage on the site but have heard nothing at all back. Have tried to log in to the "account" on the website but it says my email address doesn't exist?

Yes. You should get log in details to your email. Could be in spam?

Has anyone actually heard about theirs yet or from Infurn?

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭clodola

Just checked mine , it says week 50

Dec 12-18, concerned now if you are week 46 and no beanbag

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 zaute

Yeah...

Ordered a myself a BigBoy from infurn.com early October this year. Used the voucher from groupon.

Logged on to Infurn's website; bean bag would be delivered in October 2011 at the latest. So far, so good. I was happy. Then October became November. Still no bean bag. Logged on to Infurn's website; bean bag would be delivered at the latest in week 46. Not so happy anymore, but still ok-ish.

Week 46 came and passed. No bean bag of course. So in week 47 I contacted Infurn to see if my bean bag was somewhere near.

They sent me this automatically generated email:
    "Dear Customer, Thank you, for contacting the InFurn customer service. Your request has been recieved by us and is now being processed. One of our team will contact you by telephone within 2 working days (from Monday-Friday, 09:00 a.m. till 6:00 p.m.) ."

Logged on to Infurn's website again; bean bag would now be delivered at the latest in week 1. Week 1? Really? Are you kidding me?

Seven days later (and no phone call of course) I received an answer from customer support:
    They sold more than 50.000 bags all over Europe, and have problems delivering them. And they are sorry. And they will increase production capacity a lot. And I will have my bag in less than three weeks.

The same day I wrote a reply, saying that if I don't get my bean bag in three weeks I will report the company to the police for fraud. And they reply (after only two days), that it is not possible for me to have the bag in three weeks. But I can have my money back instead.

So now what do I do? Take my money and cancel the order?

Of course not! I'm going to war on their asses! :pac:

I would take the refund if I were you. You might not see that beanbag for months.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭rameire

"my account" is down the bottom of the page in the footer in small print

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 bedzzz

Looks familiar to what is happening with another purchase from Groupon.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=75464913

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Still waiting on my beanbag too, Also was told week 46

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Woorist

i am waiting for mine, it originally said week 49 (this week) but not even a tracking number :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 dowcar

i got charged 10 times for postage...wonder will they deliver 10 beanbags for the price of one????

dowcar wrote: »
    i got charged 10 times for postage...wonder will they deliver 10 beanbags for the price of one????

:eek:. I doubt it.

well if I get the one I ordered in week 50, I will be over the moon, but looking at everyone's comments.....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm doubtful :(

WHOA

One of my beanbags has a tracking number!!
    http://www.infurn.com/en/my-orders

The order was handed over to DHL. You can check the status of your shipment with the following tracking number:

Product Price Tracking ID Delivery time
    BigBoy - XXL
    (Nylon schwarz ) 99.95 EUR *********
    Calender week 46

Stars obviously being my tracking number. Apparently they gave ONE of them, but not the other...

Africa - when did you place your order?

October 10th.

month behind in delivering...guessing i ought to receive some sort of communication from them around end of jan....bloody flipping fantastic....:mad::mad:

Their communication was absolutely disgraceful.

Every message Ive sent Ive asked for a reply that is NOT a macro and an update on shipping and if ill actually get my order, but every time its a mass email. I sent them a snotty email this morning (which I HATE doing) about how I think this is a scam and want my full refund. Suprise suprise I go to my orders and one of them is on the way... whe hey!

Thing is only one of them is; the other is still not changed. This was the order number I sent through as well, so not sure what that means.

• Advertisement

i want the beanbag for xmas pressie - so i think i might send snotty email - its either the beanbag or its a refund at this stage - hard lines!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement