Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Groupon/Infurn.com Bigboy Beanbag

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

Maybe they arent genuine, but they are cheap for bean bags.

If we ever get them.

Apparantly at the sorting plant now according to my DHL tracking no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Banksy86

Well good luck to you Africa!

I was given a genuine BigBoy as a present a few years ago and it really is of the highest standards! It would be interesting to find out how good the quality of this reproduction is!

It will be tough to match BigBoy standards!

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭kenkin

I ordered Oct 24th. I sent them an email 2 days ago and got this reply

Thank you very much for your recent purchase.

When we first developed the promotion it was to offer customers an outstanding product at a fantastic price; clearly, we reached that goal, however, along the way we have created some bottle-necks on our supply chain. Due to the unforeseen success of the promotion, with over 50,000 units sold across Europe, we have been unable to fulfill the original delivery time given to you. We sincerely apologize for the delay and any disruption this may have caused to you, and would like to re-assure you that your goods are in production and will be delivered to you shortly. We are working round the clock with our business partners to increase the capacity we can manufacture and distribute through the different options available to us, to keep this disruption to a minimum.

We feel very strong about meeting our commitments, and offering unparalleled customer service so we would like to offer you a gift voucher of € 20 Euro that you will be able to redeem on our online store www.infurn.com until the end of the year, 31st of December 2011, against any of our products.

Please rest assures that we are doing everything we can to deliver the product to you in the shortest possible time. We anticipate this to be a maximum of three weeks, and in the meantime we will keep you updated with any developments.

We would like to take the opportunity to thank you in advance for your support and understanding on this matter.

Ps. as soon as your product has been dispatched, tracking numbers will appear in your customer account. www.infurn.com -> scroll down homepage -> to account.

Our whole INFURN team in every department is doing everything in their power to deliver the Beanbag to you with/ around X-mas Time.

Best regards,

INFURN Management team

Looks like I will be waiting at least another 3 weeks. I bought these as christmas presents. Dont know what to do now

Thats the same stock message theyve been sending for weeks. Go to your account settings and see if its shipped. If it has, itll have a tracking number.

No tracking number. Just expected delivery week 49

• Advertisement

Then it hasnt shipped. Wouldnt expect it this year if I were you :/ Im still sceptical even though it says its at the sorting plant for me!

Regards the quality, Im hoping they are good. I'll be extremely annoyed if they are junk after waiting 10 weeks for it. The voucher amounts theyve given are muck; Ive about 60 quids worth now but everything is so expensive anyway they practically know i wont buy anything more from them.

Has anyone looked for and received a refund from dealbuzz

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

Banksy86 wrote: »

Have a look at their FAQ page. These bean bags are NOT genuine BigBoys!!!

Read back through the thread. There is no such thing as a genuine Big Boy bean bag. Its not a registered trade name and is in fact itself a rip off of Fat Boy bean bags.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭cbyrne11

Irishchick wrote: »
    Read back through the thread. There is no such thing as a genuine Big Boy bean bag. Its not a registered trade name and is in fact itself a rip off of Fat Boy bean bags.

Ahh here the guys been on this thread explaining at his beanbags have a seperate inner lining that means that you can take the cover off and wash it, and also it made of a different material to the fatboy, so they are only similar in shape but different in material and function. Which is a fair enough distinction.

However he has been selling them under the name bigboy for 5/6 years now and had built up a repuation which infurn has obviously used if they feel they need to put it into the FAQ, also if you look at the rest of the furniture on their website it is all copies of expensive designer furniture!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

My beanbag arrived this morning. Its VERY shiney and a thickish not soft fabric. Quality not great with a lot of loose threads around it. I'd say it will end up as a very large dog bed! A big fat "meh" is my verdict, the ones that they had in lidl for 69.99 would have been a much better buy imho.
    SDC12539-1-1.jpg

• Advertisement

Well thats disappointing. Is it comfortable at all? Can you not just clip the loose threads?

It was filled yeah?

It was filled and came in a huge box! Not long in the door so went to have another look and examine it On further investigation the loose threads are only around the opening at the end, and there actually aren't too many of them and yes they could be cut. The rest of the stitching actually seems ok. I just sat on it there and its comfortable enough(ish) It could do with a few more beans in it though. The thing that is really putting me off is how shiny it is as per the photo! My son is sitting on it now folded in half and his verdict is "Its ok" It is very big!! So not sure where to store it when not in use as it takes up a lot of floor space!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭simonrooneyzaga

lindtee wrote: »
    Not long in the door so went to have another look and examine it On further investigation the loose threads are only around the opening at the end, and there actually aren't too many of them and yes they could be cut. The rest of the stitching actually seems ok. I just sat on it there and its comfortable enough. It could do with a few more beans in it though. The thing that is really putting me off is how shiny it is as per the photo! My son is sitting on it now folded in half and his verdict is "Its ok" It is very big!! So not sure where to store it when not in use as it takes up a lot of floor space!

what site did you order off lindtee?

what site did you order off lindtee?
    Ratemyarea deals, think I ordered around the 5th October so it was a very long wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Mine just arrived too!

(at least according to herself)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭simonrooneyzaga

lindtee wrote: »
    Ratemyarea deals, think I ordered around the 5th October so it was a very long wait!

still I'd say a lot of people on here who purchased on RateMyArea, Pigsback or Groupon are very reassured to see that 'A' beanbag has turned up on these shores!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭appleb

Anymore feedback on what it looks like? Does look a bit shiney! What do others think about the comfort of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭RedXIV

appleb wrote: »
    Anymore feedback on what it looks like? Does look a bit shiney! What do others think about the comfort of it?

Had a look at mine last night. its very much canvas style bag, with a not so soft exterior, as was mentioned in the deal anyway, with a fair portion of beans in it. It's really built to lie flat, almost mattress-like, but thats not too big an issue. To be honest, I haven't tried sitting in it yet, but my kids love it.

My 1yr old kept just standing beside it and face-planting herself into it over and over again.

Considering I got the refund from ratemyarea anyway, I'm happy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 millie81

anyone with any experience with trying to get a refund from Pigsback for one of these beanbags? i mailed them yesterday and was just told that plenty of their staff ordered them also and that they were told that the bags would be sent out asap-very helpful-NOT! I had ordered two for christmas presents on the 27th october and no sign of even a dispatch date from Infurn so I want a refund. Infrun however arent getting back to me either!

RedXIV wrote: »
    Had a look at mine last night. its very much canvas style bag, with a not so soft exterior, as was mentioned in the deal anyway, with a fair portion of beans in it. It's really built to lie flat, almost mattress-like, but thats not too big an issue. To be honest, I haven't tried sitting in it yet, but my kids love it.

My 1yr old kept just standing beside it and face-planting herself into it over and over again.

Considering I got the refund from ratemyarea anyway, I'm happy :)

I couldn't think of the word "canvas" last night, that's exactly what it is:) Well done for getting it for free. I was lying on it with one of my sons last night and its actually quite comfortable. Don't know if its worth the €67.50 though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 charbo

Got my email today from groupon saying they'd refund my 60e. I had redeemed my voucher aswell with infurn, emailed them cancelling it (received response after 2 weeks), emailed confirmation of cancellation to groupon who didnt put up much of a fight to be fair. Such a relief. Will be a bit more wary of who i'm buying from off groupon in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭cbyrne11

charbo wrote: »
    Got my email today from groupon saying they'd refund my 60e. I had redeemed my voucher aswell with infurn, emailed them cancelling it (received response after 2 weeks), emailed confirmation of cancellation to groupon who didnt put up much of a fight to be fair. Such a relief. Will be a bit more wary of who i'm buying from off groupon in future.

did you get a refund for the P&P? I've been trying to get that back for 5 weeks now and infurn have now taken to ignoring my emails! Got emails to confirm that it's cancelled but when I go onto their website it still shows up as being delivered in week 50 and no refund has been sent yet!

Glad to see are people getting them eventually, I order off a different site and have been enjoying my beanbag for a couple of weeks now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 markry

cbyrne11 wrote: »
    Ahh here the guys been on this thread explaining at his beanbags have a seperate inner lining that means that you can take the cover off and wash it, and also it made of a different material to the fatboy, so they are only similar in shape but different in material and function. Which is a fair enough distinction.

However he has been selling them under the name bigboy for 5/6 years now and had built up a repuation which infurn has obviously used if they feel they need to put it into the FAQ, also if you look at the rest of the furniture on their website it is all copies of expensive designer furniture!

Hi Cbyrne11
    Thanks for your comments, and just to add. Ours is not a copy of a Fatboy, its completely different. Breathable, Waterproof Fabric, Machine Washable, UV protected, Separate Inner Bag, Hanging Eyelet, and bigger. All the above cannot be said of a Fatboy, although it is still an excellent product. Any body reading re the "Groupon BigBoy" I noticed one or two concerns about the amount of filling. On the original advert it states 400 litres of fill. Whereas now I notice that on their website it is only 330 litres?? which in my book is underfilled, and may give you justification to return. Also you may wish to check if the filling meets UK and Ireland fire regs. It may be nothing but these bags are filled from polystyrene from Italy and fire regs there differ from UK and Ireland, and although I have asked all the voucher people and Infurn to confirm that they do, I have not had a reply. Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 markry

Irishchick wrote: »

Hi Irishchick
    Sorry but I must pull you on the "rip off" thing, as I said before, I design original products with unique features. The Fatboy is a great product, however, it is not made from canvas like Breathable, Waterproof, UV protected, fabric, is not Machine Washable, does not have a Separate Inner Bag, nor does it have the facility to be hung. So rip off- NO, vast improvement YES. Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 dowcar

anyone order from groupon and received their beanbag yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Woorist

ive cancelled mine, infurn have emailed to confirm the order is cancelled and i will be receiving my p & p charges back as soon as possible, so 4-6 weeks then :-)

groupon are at the moment ignoring my emails to get my money back off of them, want to do it quick as i have a horrible feeling they will go under with all the bad press and people wanting cash back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 rugbymad11

Hi Guys,

I actually managed to speak to Infrun the other day ref my order of 2 bean bags(due week 49). she explained they where on their way and could be expected week 1 or 2. I'll believe it when i see it!!!!

Anyway could someone please post more pics of the bags, sitting on etc to help me decide whether to cancel or not!!!!! red and green one would be good........

I would obviously prefer the original Big Boy but I live in Germany and do not want to pay extra to fill myself.

Thx in Advance folks

Got ONE of mine. Still nothing on my other order, very annoyed. Also, they didnt even bother to ring the bell, they just put the notice in the door that I 'wasnt in' when I was. Meant I had to get it delivered in a taxi back to the house.

Box is very very big. Extremely light obviously.

I have 2 on order, Ive got the black one, but not the pink one. No update even for the pink one. But I have to say the black one is very very comfortable. Quite pleased with the product, not with the service at all though.

Edit: Pictures. Had to use something to scale, hope everyone knows the general size of the dummy guide books.
    Flat:
    391801_10150525074207008_602002007_10435834_1051712961_n.jpg

Made into a chair.
    378452_10150525074862008_602002007_10435837_1819116020_n.jpg

Gotta say they are comfortable. Easily fit two people on one.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Shoesa

I quite like the look of them actually, now I'm really excited about mine... which isn't coming til at leeeeast week 2. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭SONIC2008

My beanbag order (voucher bought from groupon) has changed delivery date from week 50 to week 3. I originally had ordered it as a Christmas present for my sister. Looking at the way delivery is changing I could be lucky to have it for her birthday in September. :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement