Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Groupon/Infurn.com Bigboy Beanbag

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 supermx

Hi, I'm from Italy, I've been following this thread for a while and I think its a wide issue that Infurn is having.
    I've ordered the Bigboy XXL on the 9th of November (using a Groupon voucher) and it said week 50, but of course week 50 has passed by and no Bigboy has arrived...
    I also wrote an email to them but had no answer yet and on the website it still states that the shipping will be on week 50.
    Guess I'll have to wait 2012...

Anyway looking at the pics it seems very nice and comfortable too! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 rugbymad11

Look like these don't have the Red Big Boy tab on the side, as in the picture.

thx for the pics!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

rugbymad11 wrote: »
    Look like these don't have the Red Big Boy tab on the side, as in the picture.

thx for the pics!!!!!!!

Mine does have the tab. Have to say the boys really love it, but it takes up so much space in my little sitting room.

THX,

I think I'll take the chance and wait for delivery whenever that will be.
    ordered red and lime so hopefully wont be as shiney as the black.

I'm glad it's comfy!!! worth the money would you say?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

rugbymad11 wrote: »
    THX,

I think I'll take the chance and wait for delivery whenever that will be.
    ordered red and lime so hopefully wont be as shiney as the black.

I'm glad it's comfy!!! worth the money would you say?

Just about worth the money! As I said previously, its a little shiny for my liking and could do with a few more beans but it was mainly for the boys and they are happy:) Some of their friends were on it and they love it too. It seems like the only ones received here were the black ones so maybe they did them first. Fingers crossed that you don't have to wait to long for yours

• Advertisement

lindtee wrote: »
    Just about worth the money! As I said previously, its a little shiny for my liking and could do with a few more beans but it was mainly for the boys and they are happy:) Some of their friends were on it and they love it too. It seems like the only ones received here were the black ones so maybe they did them first. Fingers crossed that you don't have to wait to long for yours

Is it possible to re-fill yourself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 hollypolly121

Don’t buy any products from dealbuzz.ie site.

I bought 2 products from this site(cam-recorder & spy pens) at the end of Oct 2011 and have only received one item (cam-recorder) which has missing parts and the other item (spy pens) i am still waiting on. So much for giving this as a Xmas gift to someone as it will prob be the New Year before i will receive it.

The site is not useful and i am not even getting a reply from the company.
    Best advice; don’t buy any products on this site as i have learned the hard way! I know now i will not use their site again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

Yes mine does have the red tab, it was just on the under side of it when the pic was taken.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭City-Exile

Just to clarify, if your order says delivery in week 50, it hasn't been shipped?
    I wanted this for a Christmas present.
    Raging now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 sunshine10147

I too ordered the BIG BOY just over 6 weeks ago. I have ordered it for my son for Christmas so I emailed them last Friday, 16th Dec 2011, and I got a reply from them this morning to say that a member of their team will contact me within 2 working days

• Advertisement

I too ordered the BIG BOY just over 6 weeks ago. I have ordered it for my son for Christmas so I emailed them last Friday, 16th Dec 2011, and I got a reply from them this morning to say that a member of their team will contact me within 2 working days

I've told them to shove it!
    Contacted Groupon for a full refund.
    This damages their brand too.
    Feel a right mug for getting conned.

If they do contact me and tell me I wont be getting it for Christmas, I will probably cancel mine too, as I will need to buy something for my son for Christmas to replace this

• Registered Users Posts: 36 wannapress

I dont think this will be resolved until late Jan at earliest ,not very good from groupon...

• Registered Users Posts: 36 wannapress

City-Exile wrote: »
    I've told them to shove it!
    Contacted Groupon for a full refund.
    This damages their brand too.
    Feel a right mug for getting conned.

did groupon get back to you? i also emailed but sofar no reply

I didnt e-mail groupon, i e-mailed infurn, the company who sends the bean bags, and they said someone will contact me in the next couple of days

I e-mailed them all, but no one has replied.
    This was supposed to be a Christmas present & I bought it in November, to ensure delivery by Christmas. They said it could take up to 6 weeks, so I was covered, or so I thought. I'm sick of them now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

I ordered mine on 10th October and have got nothing yet, im absolutely livid, I emailed Infurn after the 6 weeks and they said due to the massive uptake it will take another 3 weeks, that would mean delivery today and surprise surprise not a f**king thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 supermx

City-Exile wrote: »
    I e-mailed them all, but no one has replied.
    This was supposed to be a Christmas present & I bought it in November, to ensure delivery by Christmas. They said it could take up to 6 weeks, so I was covered, or so I thought. I'm sick of them now!

Same here...no reply and from the website it says delivery time: calendar week 50...which was last week!! and of course no tracking ID neither. :mad:

Did anyone write to Groupon about this issue, ie, do they realise that no one is getting their bean bags on time ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 dowcar

Groupon dont give a crap - I am blue in the face emailing both infurn and groupon, its the same old stupid answer - or rather lack of answers. Groupon dont want to give me a refund due to its not their problem the bag hasnt arrived!!! I ordered mine on 10th nov....still no tracking number, delivery was estimated week 50......guess i will just have to sit and wait - this was xmas pressie for my daughter :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Julie8113

Groupon send me an email saying: Infurn has registered the trademark bigboybeanbags in EU since 2005 and are taking legal action in relation to the post on http://www.bigboybeanbag.com/ but said nothing else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 dubnorth.

Hi. I ordered a bean bag in October and I have a DHL tracking number now. Does anyone know how long delivery takes when you receive a tracking number?

Bout a week DubNorth. it comes from Germany by the seems of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Tippex

dubnorth. wrote: »
    Hi. I ordered a bean bag in October and I have a DHL tracking number now. Does anyone know how long delivery takes when you receive a tracking number?

Why not enter the tracking number on the DHL site and it should give you an idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 dubnorth.

thanks guys

Just realised something.

They wished to give us a 20 euro voucher for it being so delayed.

I had 2 orders, yet they gave me the same voucher code for both so obviously it only works once. Ive mailed them but im not even expecting a response at this time.

WTF.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭cbyrne11

Julie8113 wrote: »
    Groupon send me an email saying: Infurn has registered the trademark bigboybeanbags in EU since 2005 and are taking legal action in relation to the post on http://www.bigboybeanbag.com/ but said nothing else.

Strange because according to tmview.europa.eu they only registered the TM infurm last month I couldn't find one for bigboybeanbags

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Julie8113

cbyrne11 wrote: »
    Strange because according to tmview.europa.eu they only registered the TM infurm last month I couldn't find one for bigboybeanbags
    Hmm very strange indeed! To be honest I don't trust groupon anymore! I had to send 4 emails and wait 2 weeks to get this answer, mad! They still didn't tell me what is happening with my order :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Woorist

i have cancelled mine as the delivery date has changed to week 2???????

infurn have emailed back and said no probs with the refund of p and p, groupon are being a pain but no surprise there though. just a point i have since reordered from a company on ebay called 'beanbagstore' , it was cheaper and cheaper p and p and was delivered the NEXT DAY, unbeleivable service. the bean bag is amazing lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

i am following this thread with interest, mainly cos i was in the market for a beanbag (still am!) and i came across it. i am not sure who is worse here, groupon on infurn. i mean did/can infurn give groupon a limit of vouchers to sell, that they then exceeded (as in the case of the cupcake lady in the uk). in which case then infurn are trying their best to meet a demand that groupon created. however if there was never any limit there, then infurn are at fault and should have been better prepared to meet any possible demand, especially with christmas in consideration.

however it has made me extremely wary of both companies. infurn for obvious reasons!! but i have heard several stories of groupon problems on different vouchers and products, so i am much less likely to use them unless i know the company who's voucher they are offering well.

anyway tiny bit off topic :o anyone got any more news on the illusive beanbags?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement