Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Groupon/Infurn.com Bigboy Beanbag

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭City-Exile

My status has changed to week 3.
    Told Groupon to pay up, so that I can disable my Groupon account.
    Infurn can burn in hell, for all I care.
    I just hope others are well warned to steer clear of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 dowcar

my order has changed to week 3 now!!!! unbeliveable (they still havent updated my account, still showing 10 beanbags.......I could sell the other 9 here..if anyone interested lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 jaynefair

Just to let you all know I ordered one through Pigsback/Infurn. Spoke to a very nice girl this morning in Pigsback and she advised me to email them to request a refund. I then found another website called Direct Beanbags in Sligo and they're sending me one which should arrive either tomorrow or Friday at the latest. They use direct couriers.Nice guy. Dearer that Infurn/Pigsback but at least I'll have my daughters Christmas present in time for Christmas. Get on to the guy asap 0872105410.

Groupon have been in touch to say that they will request the refund from Infurn, on my behalf. I'm giving them the benefit if the doubt, that they're genuine.
    Will be next week, at the earliest, before I get a response.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 millie81

just to give an update that got a refund of my €49 for the beanbag from Pigsback directly after sending them two emails. To be fair to them after my second (much stronger email) I got my card refunded within a few days. I now have to go fight with Infurn to get the delivery charge refunded!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭opticalillusion

Guys, I think the general jist of this thread is NOT to buy anything from Groupon/pigsback/whatever at all.

As I said before this is my second problem with Groupon after buying a pillow from them that never arrived.

Once bitten, twice shy.

Living Social is fantastic, and I will be sticking with them from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

Guys, I think the general jist of this thread is NOT to buy anything from Groupon/pigsback/whatever at all.

no you just need to research the company that pigsback/groupon are offering you the deal for.

Ive gotten plenty of good deals from pigsback but you have to do your research first.

A simple Google search is enough to warn anyone off infurn.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

As I said before this is my second problem with Groupon after buying a pillow from them that never arrived.

Once bitten, twice shy.

Living Social is fantastic, and I will be sticking with them from now on.
    Irishchick wrote: »
    no you just need to research the company that pigsback/groupon are offering you the deal for.

Ive gotten plenty of good deals from pigsback but you have to do your research first.

A simple Google search is enough to warn anyone off infurn.

yes i have come to the conclusion that it is NOT the voucher offerer eg pigsback/groupon, but the company that the voucher is for. i know that before i EVER buy a voucher from any of them now i will SERIOUSLY research the company concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 oxplox

Well, I am very unhappy to find this thread. I too ordered a beanbag as a Christmas present. I emailed Infurn yesterday to confirm that the order would arrive before Friday. They did not respond to me at all, but when I log into my account I see the shipping date has changed to Week 4. Thanks for the heads up (jerks). I ordered this in mid November, presumably giving myself plenty of time.

Infurn's website has an address in London, and as such all complaints about them must be directed to the European Consumer Centre - Ireland. Here's a handy link for the disgruntled among us.
    http://www.eccireland.ie/complaint.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Aimzsandy

I called groupon as I was unhappy with the fact i havent recieved mine either despite ordering beginning of november, keeps getting postponed..

rang groupon (was on hold for a long time) but spoke to someone, demanded a refund and they have agreed a refund of the voucher price and will make sure Infurn refund the p + p, should get it all back within 10 working days - We shall see....

never had a problem using groupon before but will be more weary now, checking the companies that they are selling on behalf now

such a shame as i was looking forward to the bean bag as a present for my other half, but do not want to give infurn my money even if it they could guarantee it would arrive in Jan

• Advertisement

I just got 11 automated responses from my e-mails to Infurn.
    They're so incompetent, even their auto response can't do the basics right.
    These guys are criminals.
    They're thieves with a VAT number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 markry

oxplox wrote: »
    Well, I am very unhappy to find this thread. I too ordered a beanbag as a Christmas present. I emailed Infurn yesterday to confirm that the order would arrive before Friday. They did not respond to me at all, but when I log into my account I see the shipping date has changed to Week 4. Thanks for the heads up (jerks). I ordered this in mid November, presumably giving myself plenty of time.

Infurn's website has an address in London, and as such all complaints about them must be directed to the European Consumer Centre - Ireland. Here's a handy link for the disgruntled among us.
    http://www.eccireland.ie/complaint.php

Hi There, Also, just to let you know, the flash looking head office show on their website in Tower Bridge Road London, is, according to Southwark Trading Standards just a Postal Address. occupied by a firm of accountants, where INFURN collect their post fortnightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

Thats it, cancelling and asking for refund. Patience run out.

At least your order date has changed. Mine still reads week 46.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Isuat

Hey Africa

It looked pretty cool in the picture - is it as big as it was in the brochure they advertised? Are you still pleased with the product and while the service is blatently rubbish are you happy with the bean bag?

I have 4 ordered - 3 Christmas presents so like many people on this thread, very disappointed with the fact that it wont arrive for Christmas :mad: considering I ordered the 6th of november. Gonna be a pain in the rear to say to my siblings that their gifts have been delayed - they will probably think I left it to the last minute instead of ordering them months in advance.

My date has shifted to week 2 so really hoping I will get them then but I will NEVER EVER buy from Infurn again. I got a 20Euro voucher in the post because of the delay and was like "as if Im every gonna buy from them - no chance!!!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 edmg

We ordered two of the bean bags on 4th November. Tried to contact infurn - auto reply only to emails, too busy message when try to phone. They now quote week 02. Money left account on the day!!
    Don't know it the bags are good or not, but will not buy again as customer service is rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 supermx

Any updates?
    Mine still says week 50!!! Absurd!
    ..and no answer via email too. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭docjewel

My OH has just brought this thread to my attention,like most people was in the market for a bean bag when I spotted this offer on Groupon,I placed my order on 13th Oct with original delivery date of week 46,after week 46 got an email saying delivery would be delayed & a £10 gift voucher,the status on the account changed on Xmas eve with a tracking number for Dhl,when I click on the link i get the following
    Infun-DHL track & trace.png
    Strange thing is when I put the tracking number into the DHL.ie or .com websites it does recognise the tracking number..
    Will see what transpires over the next few days & let ye know how it works out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

If you track it on www.dhl.de it will recognise it. I couldn't track mine on .com or .ie dhl either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 edmg

Hello All dis gruntled customers of infurn.

Do you think it is time for all to contact trading standards about this company and its antics? Has any body received their order?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭rameire

why, im just going to wait for my bean bag to be delivered.
    who cares if its late.
    it will turn up and i will use it all the same.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

rameire wrote: »
    why, im just going to wait for my bean bag to be delivered.
    who cares if its late.
    it will turn up and i will use it all the same.

I think the issue was that alot of people had bought it as a gift for xmas pressies, giving alot of time for deliverly. Added to the fact that you have to pay €15 for it. I canceled my order after I realised it was going to take so long as I wanted it as a gift, if I didn't I would of waited.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭rameire

the thing is, it is a gift for me, the wife told me what I was getting when I saw this thread, and I had no problem waiting for it.
    I would expect some people to be understanding if they were told of a present that was to be delayed.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

Mine is now apparently in Ireland with DHL

• Registered Users Posts: 7 padraigr

I also took up the pigsback offer for a bean bag & was due for week 49 delivery, still waiting. I have sent numerous emails to ifurn & still cannot get an answer. To be fair to pigsback they have offered a refund but I will persist a little longer, however I will never have any thing to do with infurn again. There has been complaints from everywhere about this company going back as far as last April for products which have not been delivered. I was scammed once last year on an online sale & thought I learned my lesson however I thought buying from a reputable company like pigsback was a safe bet. I think that in future Pigsback should choose their partners more carefully as this has also damaged their reputation despite them being completely innocent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ld52

Can't get any satisfaction from groupon - they just keep putting me off even though I have asked for a refund because it was a christmas present &b was ordered on 9th November. Infurn have ignored all the emails I have sent them and when I try to ring it rings twice then just goes into engaged tone.
    Will be speaking to Groupon again tomorrow and demanding a refund and a refund of P&P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

I rage-quit on the second one. I got a refund processed from RateMyArea which was done quickly. Now to chase the P&P back down.

Lodged a complaint with the Consumer Watchdog.
    http://www.thecai.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5&Itemid=13

Some tips here for lodging complaints:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/watchdog/consumer_advice/complain_writing_letter_pic.shtml

Going to be looking to get one elsewhere now once the P&P is refunded

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

I emailled Infurn and asked what the story was, I don't know if it spurred them on or what, but they said it'd be dispatched by the end of the week, it took them 2, still not received, have a tracking number though.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭cbyrne11

I have been trying to cancel my order with these morons for nearly two months now, I cancelled it about a day after ordering and groupon refunded the money, I had ordered two beanbags and asked infurn to cancel the orders and refund the P&P, they said the orer had been cancelled and there was a delay processing refunds as they were understaffed.

Eventually after 5 weeks I got one fo the P&P back, I contacted them looking to confirm the other one was cancelled and to refund the P&P for that, got no reply and now I have one on route according to their website. I don't bloody want it I order two off another company which arrived in two days!

AHHHHHH I'm so annoying at this company anyone know where to compain in Germany? Is there a German version of the watchdog?

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭clodola

Mine has changed from week 50 to Week 3 in 2012, ordered it start of November; waiting 5 months for a stupid bean bag

Anybody get a refund from Groupon , in my experience like Apple, no refunds policy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭cbyrne11

clodola wrote: »
    Mine has changed from week 50 to Week 3 in 2012, ordered it start of November; waiting 5 months for a stupid bean bag

Anybody get a refund from Groupon , in my experience like Apple, no refunds policy

There Easy enough to get in the first week, a couple of other people on this thread got refunds, just give out about the service how long it's taking and the fact that you thought it was a genuine big boy and don't take no for an answer and you should get it. Getting the P&P back from infurn is another thing as you can't actually get in touch with them.

but of course they'll probably still send you a beanbag even if you cancelled it!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement