Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Groupon/Infurn.com Bigboy Beanbag

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭clodola

cbyrne11 wrote: »
    There Easy enough to get in the first week, a couple of other people on this thread got refunds, just give out about the service how long it's taking and the fact that you thought it was a genuine big boy and don't take no for an answer and you should get it. Getting the P&P back from infurn is another thing as you can't actually get in touch with them.

but of course they'll probably still send you a beanbag even if you cancelled it!

I will bwe delighted with my 59 euro back;just emailed them, not waiting min another 3 months for something that may or maynot arrive. Never getting anything off groupon again , this is the second time I am out of pocket and nothing to show for it :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭ccazza

I also ordered 2 of these bean bags at the beginning of October for my 2 sons for Christmas presents. I eventually decided to cancel the order in the middle of december. Got my refund instantly from ratemyarea but had to contact infurn for refund of p&p. That night I have an update on status for one of them as being with Dhl. That was the 19th of December and there is still no sign of it. I got an email yesterday saying they had cancel my order for the 2nd beanbag but was too late to cancel the order for the first even though it's still not here 3 weeks later! I already got them their beat bags for chrIstmas so I don't want it anyway. Have got my refund from ratemyarea so don't know what will happen about that. They have said they will refund the p&p on the second bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭docjewel

Ordered ours on 13th Oct & was delivered via an Post yesterday 3rd Jan

What was it like? Was it worth waiting for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

What colour are the ones you guys are getting?

I got a refund from Rory at RateMyArea as well, top guy. But it seems my second one is actually en route as well!!

• Advertisement

I had ordered the red one that is on the way and a green one. The green one was meant to be cancelled but it's not showing as cancelled on the website. Did they come back to you looking for the money for it after you got the refund?

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭cbyrne11

ccazza wrote: »
    I had ordered the red one that is on the way and a green one. The green one was meant to be cancelled but it's not showing as cancelled on the website. Did they come back to you looking for the money for it after you got the refund?

This seems to be the case with loads of people that they cancelled but they send them anyway, mine says that it left germany last week, even though I cancelled it over two months ago. Don't want it but guess I can sell it when it arrives, or at least I hope I can.

Still want my P&P back for it though as I cancelled well before they sent it but infurn are impossible to contact have emailed them 5 times now in the last month with no reply, can't get them on the phone either! Anyone having any luck recently in talking to anybody at this sham company?

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭docjewel

ccazza wrote: »
    What was it like? Was it worth waiting for?
    It's larger than we thought it would be(if its for a sitting room or bedroom it wouldn't want to be too small) & appears to be ok.Worth waiting for?,Well we weren't in a big rush for it for Xmas but I suppose only time will tell what its actually like(have noticed a few lose threads in some of the stitching around the edge),but our two little men love it so far,Its probably a bit harder to mould to your body than another bean bag we have but personally I find it gives better support.It has a red tag on the side saying "BigBoy by INFURN".Initial thoughts for €50 (+ postage of €17.50) it isn't bad so far,how long it'll last?,only time will tell

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭elliebn

I got in touch with Infurn in week 50 to see if they would be delivering that week (thats the week i was told on my order) and they sent me an email apologising for the delay, they had sold a total of 50,000 and were finding it hard to meet demands. they sent me a voucher for 20 euro to use on their site but the expiry date was the 31st december and also had to spend a minimum of 200 euro. that voucher just went in the bin as the cheapest thing on their site is about 150 euro. i just checked the site this morning and like others my delivery date has been updated to week 3. i really want this beanbag so am going to hang in there before i cancel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭simonrooneyzaga

so the black ones were delivered first and now it seems like the red ones are on the way?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 buchaill

I ordered a black one and still have not recieved it.

I Was in touch with pigsback and they say they will come so im playing the waiting game.

Im waiting on a pink one. Hasnt arrived in this country yet though.

I'm still waiting delivery on the red one which was meant to have been dispatched on the 19th December, the evening of the day I cancelled the order! It's unbelievable that if it had actually been dispatched that day that it is still not here.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭elliebn

Im waiting on a green one so it looks like i'll be waiting till they make their way through the rainbow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

Got a navy one delivered. Happy with it. Seen them in home store and more for €70 though

Anyone got theirs yet? Mine still says hasn't arrived in the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 dubnorth.

Well mine arrived today,finally. It was dispatched from Germany on 19th December so it took a bit of time to get here. DHL dispatch them to Ireland and hand them over to An Post for delivery. Must say I'm impressed by it. It's certaintly big.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭fluffybunny124

ordered my black bean bag off Groupon 7th November and still awaiting delivery. It too moved from week 49 to week 3. The customer Service there is a joke, nothing but automated replies. Have sen numerous emails but only 2 replies. Was wanting it for christmas also. Think i will hang on another week.

I got the pink one today. Once again, the postman just left a 'failed delivery' in my door despite me being home all day. Going to complain this time about it.

Its good though, cant really fault the product at all. I can see how my other one (the black one ive had for about a month or so) has squashed a bit in size due to sitting on it and crushing the innards, but its still very comfortable. So overall happy. Especially since I got a refund on the pink one about 3 weeks ago, so only paid for P&P :D

406323_10150580316657008_602002007_10674478_312375659_n.jpg

407401_10150580317422008_602002007_10674481_691484755_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭City-Exile

My order status still says Week 03.
    I e-mailed them multiple times, telling them to cancel the order.
    I've also had contact from Groupon, about cancelling the order, but still haven't heard back with a definite answer.

For the guy above who said he was happy to wait, odering something in November & still not having it dispatched halfway through January, is not acceptable for most normal people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭clodola

City-Exile wrote: »
    My order status still says Week 03.
    I e-mailed them multiple times, telling them to cancel the order.
    I've also had contact from Groupon, about cancelling the order, but still haven't heard back with a definite answer.

For the guy above who said he was happy to wait, odering something in November & still not having it dispatched halfway through January, is not acceptable for most normal people.

I am the same, Groupon said they will refund me if I get an email back off Infurn

But I think Groupon are thinking a Credit Note, useless to me; fed up getting ripped off by Groupon with traders not delivering and Groupon not refunding

• Registered Users Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭rameire

I understand.
    the worst thing I believe is the non communication from infurn.
    as i see it, a bean bag is for life ( 5-10 years ) not just for christmas, that is why I am willing to wait for it.
    maybe I should be more upset about it, but Ive more important things to worry about.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Woorist

am v concerned now as the number from infurn to call is now saying 'this number is not recognised' but yesterday it was working

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 pwdrive

I'm also concerned, I am in Stockholm - Sweden and i did some searches on google for bigboy and infurn and ended up here and on a norwegian facebook wall that basically gives the same output as here, infurn is not delivering as they should.
    I ordered and paid for an Orange BigBoy XXL on December 6th through Groupon, the delivery week is this week (Week 2) and hasn't changed, though I got 11(!) order confirmation emails at different timestamps and days.
    But seeing as it is now Friday the 13th and the last working day of the week.
    I fail to see how they would manage to get it to me now when I havent even gotten a tracking number from them for my bean bag.
    This is very irritating and dissapointing news. I've emailed one time the 11th of January, but no response as of yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭City-Exile

pwdrive wrote: »
    I ordered and paid for an Orange BigBoy XXL on December 6th through Groupon, the delivery week is this week (Week 2) and hasn't changed, though I got 11(!) order confirmation emails at different timestamps and days.

Just to clarify, many of us here, ordered ours in October/November 2011 & have got nothing from Infurn, except spam about some other junk they're trying to flog.

If you look back at this thread of what Ive posted, its the same. Ive no communications from Infurn. But they will come.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ebrab04

Finally I have made some progress!! I have made this my mission for the past fortnight and finally I think I may have gotten somewhere!! I plastered all over Groupon Irelands facebook page that my intentions were to get onto the European Consumer Centre and report both them and Infurn for fraud and intentional scamming... guess what... they came back to me ... basically the upshot of this was that they are assuring me that the 2 bean bags I ordered (Nylon Blue) will be with me between the 12th and the 31st of January. They have also agreed that if this doesnt happen they will order me a replacement product. I have this confirmed by email so I am realively happy. The emails I got were from the address support@citydeal.ie so I suggest you all get on to that address with the complaints. Best of Luck I will let you all know if they actually do come!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

seriously bad form by boards. i know their deals people are seperate to their boards mods, but seriously you think they would have some clue about the dis-satisfaction of boards members for this product. they are now pushing it onto un-suspecting boards deals followers who have no knowledge of this issue. expect influx of people who came onto consumer issues to start their own thread about the boards deals offer and found this one. there will be some angry people soon enough

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement