Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Groupon/Infurn.com Bigboy Beanbag

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭busymom31

hdowney wrote: »
    seriously bad form by boards. i know their deals people are seperate to their boards mods, but seriously you think they would have some clue about the dis-satisfaction of boards members for this product. they are now pushing it onto un-suspecting boards deals followers who have no knowledge of this issue. expect influx of people who came onto consumer issues to start their own thread about the boards deals offer and found this one. there will be some angry people soon enough

do they not look into company's before making deals with them. simple google search throws up unhappy customers all over europe.

im waiting since early nov.. it was an xmas gift for my teenager

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Boards Deals has its own separate forum. This topic should be discussed there.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Shoesa

In fairness, that's a bit of a joke. Why buy into an offer when your own forum users are complaining about spoiled Christmases and 3 month waiting lists (clearly not 6 weeks as advertised). Seems like a big F-you. I was one of the last people to order a beanbag and my delivery date was also changed a week and a half before the original delivery date, to twice the length of time again. Hoping it'll show up in February as it now says. It originally should have been here last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 coleg

Im very dissappointed in you boarddeals! lucky i didnt purchase earlier and did some research.... but the result is i will never ever buy anything on board deals EVER!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 casw1000

I just wanted to share my experience. My wife and I ordered through Groupon in October! for our Son's xmas present. Our Son is Autistic and having something like this could help him in many ways, this offer meant we could afford a decent beanbag. We sent emails 3 weeks before xmas and was told to check online account which should show the estimated delivery date which in our case was week 47 or 48.
    I emailed again saying we had passed that date and was very close to xmas, We got a reply to say that due to a massive amount of orders in excess of 50,000 they could not meet demand and will hope to get our order completed as soon as possible. (sure). They offered a €20 voucher which basically expired 31st Dec which we couldn't afford anything from there store anyway.

I have been sending more and more emails of which I no longer get a reply. I have called the UK number of which I get a recorded announcement saying due to Christmas demand, we cannot answer the phone, please contact via the website email blah blah.

I was thinking of contacting Groupon, but after reading through these posts, I am not sure anyone is listening at these offer sites. I am thinking more drastic methods are needed. I have increased my daily emails to them and will start emailing them many times a day.

Has anyone actually received a beanbag from this company? What about trading standards. Let's rally together and show these companies that they cannot just rip people off.

Regards, Colin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭City-Exile

It's perfectly ironic.
    I just hope others haven't been fooled into parting with their cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

Boards Deals making this offer seriously jeaporises if I will buy in future from Boards Deals again, because clearly the staff that authorised these clowns to sell through them didnt do any research or even know anything about this thread, what a joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 casw1000

I decided to log a complaint with Consumer Direct, the GOV advisory website. However, I think the next complain will be going to GoGroupie (i am sure this is part of GroupOn?)

I checked my paypal and GoGroupie received my money, so given that only delivery money was paid to Infurn, I will have to write that off, however, the initial purchase / service was via GoGroupie. So fingers ready, email client ready... off to complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭cbyrne11

casw1000 wrote: »
    I decided to log a complaint with Consumer Direct, the GOV advisory website. However, I think the next complain will be going to GoGroupie (i am sure this is part of GroupOn?)

I checked my paypal and GoGroupie received my money, so given that only delivery money was paid to Infurn, I will have to write that off, however, the initial purchase / service was via GoGroupie. So fingers ready, email client ready... off to complain.

I bought off them and cancelled a day after I had ordered, they said that one infurn has confirmed it was cancelled they would refund me which they did once I got an email of Infurn, don't know how this is going to work now that Infurn have gone to ground!

Stangely though I got a beanbag delivered to me week before last despite the order being cancelled! So would advise everyone to cancel you might still even get your beanbag!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 markry

casw1000 wrote: »
    I just wanted to share my experience. My wife and I ordered through Groupon in October! for our Son's xmas present. Our Son is Autistic and having something like this could help him in many ways, this offer meant we could afford a decent beanbag. We sent emails 3 weeks before xmas and was told to check online account which should show the estimated delivery date which in our case was week 47 or 48.
    I emailed again saying we had passed that date and was very close to xmas, We got a reply to say that due to a massive amount of orders in excess of 50,000 they could not meet demand and will hope to get our order completed as soon as possible. (sure). They offered a €20 voucher which basically expired 31st Dec which we couldn't afford anything from there store anyway.

I have been sending more and more emails of which I no longer get a reply. I have called the UK number of which I get a recorded announcement saying due to Christmas demand, we cannot answer the phone, please contact via the website email blah blah.

I was thinking of contacting Groupon, but after reading through these posts, I am not sure anyone is listening at these offer sites. I am thinking more drastic methods are needed. I have increased my daily emails to them and will start emailing them many times a day.

Has anyone actually received a beanbag from this company? What about trading standards. Let's rally together and show these companies that they cannot just rip people off.

Regards, Colin.

Hi Colin

Sorry to hear of your experience. I am the manufacturer and supplier of the REAL Bigboy beanbag, who's name this company hijacked and our fine reputation, built up over 10years. We have been unindated with people first checking to see if this was the real deal, and now were are being unindated with people complaining thinking they have purchased from us- it has been a nightmare. Having checked on various websites, it appears when and if they do turn up they are rubbish! (See hotukdeals.com amongst others)
    My other concerns are whether the filling meets UK & Ireland fire regs, I have asked them and all the coupon companies, but none of them reply.
    Also it would appear that when the offer was first placed they stated it has 400litres of filling, but now it appears they are sending them out with only 300, which in my book is insufficient, and obviously not as stated, so if you are dis-satisfied this should give you grounds to return. Best of luck. Mark.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭fluffybunny124

Decided to cancel my Beanbag last Thursday after...

Sent them a mail every day, and surprise surprise, still waiting!

Emailed Groupon, who didnt reply either.. until i posted on there Facebook page an they replied straight away!!

Said so long as Infurn confirm cancellation, they will refund me. Asked her what happens if Infurn dont reply to them either and she said that they have a different way of contacting them. She said she will give them 10 days to reply. My bean bag better not be delivered in the interim! Not my problem if Infurn dont reply to there emails. Will defo keep hounding them!!

:mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭City-Exile

Said so long as Infurn confirm cancellation, they will refund me. Asked her what happens if Infurn dont reply to them either and she said that they have a different way of contacting them. She said she will give them 10 days to reply. My bean bag better not be delivered in the interim! Not my problem if Infurn dont reply to there emails. Will defo keep hounding them!!

:mad::mad:

I got the same rubbish a month ago.
    Still no refund!

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭SONIC2008

[/QUOTE]

Hi Colin

Sorry to hear of your experience. I am the manufacturer and supplier of the REAL Bigboy beanbag, who's name this company hijacked and our fine reputation, built up over 10years. We have been unindated with people first checking to see if this was the real deal, and now were are being unindated with people complaining thinking they have purchased from us- it has been a nightmare. Having checked on various websites, it appears when and if they do turn up they are rubbish! (See hotukdeals.com amongst others)
    My other concerns are whether the filling meets UK & Ireland fire regs, I have asked them and all the coupon companies, but none of them reply.
    Also it would appear that when the offer was first placed they stated it has 400litres of filling, but now it appears they are sending them out with only 300, which in my book is insufficient, and obviously not as stated, so if you are dis-satisfied this should give you grounds to return. Best of luck. Mark.[/Quote]

Mark, with all due respect I think we get your point which you have made several times on this thread. You reckon you built up a reputation with bigboy beanbags. I understand some people may have been looking for ones manufactured by you but alot of us don't mind. You didn't register the bigboy name, so really you can't state that infurn's product is not REAL bigboy. You have also stated that you saw on other websites that when they showed up they were rubbish. The majority of posts I have seen state that the product is in fact great once they try it out. Just read back through this thread to see peoples reviews. Personally I don't care if my product comes from your company or another so long as it's a good product. I come on here to see the status of others orders to get an idea of when I might get mine, not to read your self promoting posts.

@markry I'm in agreement with the previous poster. I've allowed your posts up to now, but I'm afraid that I can no longer allow you to post on behalf of your business, unless you obtain a verified representative account (contact reps@boards.ie for more info).

You can of course continue to post in a personal capacity, but any further reference to your business will be removed in this forum.

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 supermx

I'm shocked! I ordered my BeanBag at the beginning of November and have sent emails to both Infurn and Groupon, of course got no answer...
    The status on the website has always said "Delivery week 50" (of 2011) and I was checking each single day, but it was stuck like that for weeks and weeks and also now it still says so... :confused:

Suddenly, today someone rang the bell and it was DHL delivering a package...from Infurn! I'm shocked, I had no idea it was going to arrive like that, with no warnings, no tracking numbers, no delivery notice, etc... I was lucky to be at home!

Can't believe it yet! :D Anyway, the BigBoy is really big! and the package is huge! The quality is definitely good, seems resistant and waterproof. Comfortable, even though I wanted a beanbag and not a pillow, which is what it is... but it has plenty of fillings so you can actually create a sort of chair, beanbag with it...overall I'm satisfied with the product. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 mysteryqueue

Hi, I ordered my bean bag (red) on the 3rd if november and still have no sign of it, no delivery number and what was originally WK49 has now changed to week 2, which has already passed.

I originally contacted infurn after wk49 who gave me the usual, high demand and should be delivered asap. Now i get no reply from them and the number is obviously not in use.

Has anyone found a successful way to contact the company??

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭cbyrne11

<snip>

You can leave comments on his blog as well! Might be one way of getting through to him, did you ring him? I'm sure one of the mods erased the number

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 dowcar

<snip>

Did you manage to speak with this chap?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

Dont trash his blog. Thats not on.

As has been stated several times (Im amazed; noone reads) as awful as Infurns service is, the product is good and it will arrive. Eventually. But dont hold your breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Why was the mobile number deleted? He actually had it on one of the websites I posted? Can one of the mods put the post back the way it was, there was nothing wrong with posting a mobile number that he himself has put up as a contact number on his own website!

• Advertisement

Africa wrote: »
    Dont trash his blog. Thats not on.

As has been stated several times (Im amazed; noone reads) as awful as Infurns service is, the product is good and it will arrive. Eventually. But dont hold your breath.

I'm waiting nearly 3 months now, so excuse me if I couldn't give a fcuk what the quality is like! What a ridiculous thing to say. This is the director of multiple <snip> companies. His company infurn do not respond to emails and shut down their only phoneline saying they are too busy. I have tried every means possible at this stage to get answers from them, so I wouldn't give a toss about saying so on his blog, his reputation deserves getting a hammering in my opinion!

deisedevil wrote: »
    Why was the mobile number deleted? He actually had it on one of the websites I posted? Can one of the mods put the post back the way it was, there was nothing wrong with posting a mobile number that he himself has put up as a contact number on his own website!

We do not allow personal contact details to be published on Boards. My deletion of the number is consistent with previous posts where aggrieved consumers have published personal addresses and phone numbers.

Word of warning - be careful that you have the right person before you start publishing details on the internet.

dudara wrote: »
    We do not allow personal contact details to be published on Boards. My deletion of the number is consistent with previous posts where aggrieved consumers have published personal addresses and phone numbers.

Word of warning - be careful that you have the right person before you start publishing details on the internet.

The mobile number is listed on this website: http://be-xpert.com/en

I said this already!

It's the right guy alright.

I spoke to St. Matthew Accountants. Tax Consultants. Trust Services. They advised Andy doesn't work for them any more. According to their consultant the address on the website is wrong (1A Pope street, same address as Infurn) and they are actually located at : Tanner Place
    54-58 Tanner Street
    London SE1 3PH

This is actually a building tied on to 1A Pope street.

I spoke with another company, http://www.aerophoto.de/en-l1/ Phone number: 00442033932998 Spoke with a German guy, he said that Andy wasn't in yet today, this was their German office I was through to he said. He gave me a number for the office in 1A Pope Street, 00442030512070 I got no answer there, just a voicemail from a Thomas something.

Just as I type I get a mail back from the guys at St. Matthew:

"Sebastian Sauerborn

14:07 (8 minutes ago)

to me

1A Pope Street is OUR office. It is the same building, just a different entrance.

Andy used to work for our firm until autumn of last year."

They are claiming it's their building, yet there are many many companies using this address, Infurn included.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭opticalillusion

I'm appalled at some people's response here to Mark. If it was your own livelihood you'd be singing from a different hymn sheet.

To the last post, to be honest, on a professional level, I do not like the tone of that email reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 lilly221

Can i just ask when was the last time anyone got an answer from the company? or have they just stopped communicating completely?

Got my refund ... today!

But only the 59€ , still awaiting delivery charges refund, but still better than nothing.

Order still says Wk 3 on it tho ! :eek:

Post a comment on Groupon Ireland's Facebook page... worked for me anyways and they responded within the day.

Worth a shot anyways.:D

lilly221 wrote: »
    Can i just ask when was the last time anyone got an answer from the company? or have they just stopped communicating completely?

They seem to have stopped all correspondence completely at this stage.

Not a reply off them since about a month before christmas. Absolutely shocking!! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭SONIC2008

I'm appalled at some people's response here to Mark. If it was your own livelihood you'd be singing from a different hymn sheet.

Well all his advertising just got annoying to be honest! I had never heard of big boy bean bags before, so I wasn't a customer he lost out on by infurn's bean bag! It must be frustrating that he feels someone has taken the name he built a reputation for but to be honest I would have never paid the price he is charging for an empty bean bag in the first place!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement