Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A play for children age 9-10yrs old

Options
  • 07-11-2011 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

Hi All,

I need some help please.....

I am not sure if I am in the right area or not. I am a primary school teacher and for christmas we are required to put on a play approx 20mins or so long (each class)..

Usually the junior end of the school cover the nativity play and christmas carols.

So I was looking to cover something quite humerous/lighthearted in terms of a short sketch or play. It does not have to have a christmas play and it can well have some song within it too.

I have a class of 30 so would be great to give a lot of them some lines or else be part of e.g. a crowd or be involved in singing a song....

I would love some suggestions to help me pick something suitable

Thanks

Comments

You could do something Disney has done, so the kids have a better chance of knowing it, like Alice in Wonderland or Peter Pan.

For the best chance of including everyone in equal measure, a musical would be even better, like the Jungle book or even if you're a bit ambitious High School Musical.

Of course if the "play" requirement is very strict you'll be needing something different, but in my memory of primary school our yearly plays were just any adaptations of any stories (I remember one particularly horrible rendition of the Annie musical *shudder*). I also remember once we did all Irish myths, it actually turned out pretty good (stuff like the giants causeway and an táin bó cúailgne).

The plays are pretty much the only thing I remember from primary school but I remember them pretty well!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭E.T.

forum.educationposts.ie might be a better place to get answers from teachers who have done plays with this age group. There are loads of books of plays available for primary schools.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Advertisement