Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Air Rifle Licence

Options
  • 07-11-2011 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭

I have a quick question for a Air Rifle License.

Can I name myself as the landowner and expect to be granted a license if I only want the rifle for target shooting on my own land? My site is .5 acre square backing onto farmland with one neighbor.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

No target shooting can only be done in an authorised range so put that down and you will be refused. You could put it down that it is for vermin control around the yard and sheds as im sure you will be doing a bit of that with the air rifle too, great tool for getting rid of rats and magpies ect around a farm yard ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

Thanks, its mad to think that could shoot pests legally on my land but I cannot setup a controlled static target.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

Yeah only target shooting permitted on private land is for zeroing, silly law in fairness! If your in a target club with the 22 you will be able to licence the air rifle for target shooting in the club too as its two different sports

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Yeah only target shooting permitted on private land is for zeroing
    And all we have for that is a letter from an ex-Minister.
    Which honestly, I wouldn't want to be betting on in a courtroom, because I have the distinct impression that an "erra, it's grand, we didn't mean that really" in a letter from a Minister doesn't really have the same legal standing as an Act stating "No, it's bloody well not"....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

krissovo wrote: »
    Thanks, its mad to think that could shoot pests legally on my land but I cannot setup a controlled static target.

Well its not that mad when you consider how stupid some people are and how they think some thing's are a safe backstop when they are clearly not.
    check out the thread below.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056431552

• Advertisement
Advertisement