Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'German style' low alcohol beer

• 07-11-2011 11:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭

Hi All,
    I am looking for recommendations for weak beer that tastes like weissbier. I don't necessarily mean non alcoholic (I like Erdinger N/A but you can tell it isn't beer) I mean beer that is fermented to be weak.

many thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

If you don't find anything you could always mix N/A wheat beer with a regular bottle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

Have you tried other NA weissbiers? Schneider Weisse do a lovely NA.

I haven't seen any low alcohol versions myself though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Apanachi

Can you get Paulaner NA in Ireland? I find that's one of the best ones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,529 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Apanachi wrote: »
    Can you get Paulaner NA in Ireland? I find that's one of the best ones
    Yep. Dunnes Stores (among others).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,894 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

ive tried a good few low alcohol (3% ish) german lager beers and weissbiers and not one of them is a nice drink.

A beer or weissbier shandy is a nicer 3% tipple than something brewed to be 3%.

to answer who does such light weissbiers, every large brewery does it .
    So Paulaner, Franziskaner, Weihenstephan, Schneider, Erdinger, Maisels etc etc.

Where you can get them in Ireland is another question, but my advise would be not to bother looking!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,529 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

ive tried a good few low alcohol (3% ish) german lager beers and weissbiers and not one of them is a nice drink in my opinion.
    Fixed your post. When you compare a Paulander with a Paulander NA, there is no comparison. But as a stand alone drink on its own merits, if you can disregard direct comparison, some of them are not bad drinks (IMO). I would prefer to drink an NA Paulander than add something sweet, like lemonade, to it.

Advertisement