Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox 360 Slim Loud Nosie After Switched off

Options
  • 07-11-2011 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Sometime when i turn off my xbox theres a loud noise it sounds like it the fan going really fast, its happened quite a few time recently and im not sure what it is. I searched online but couldnt find anything really except i seen someone mention its a safety feature for when the xbox has got very hot. Has anyone else experienced this probem or know what it could be?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭hous

is it not just carrying on downloading demos etc in background? try changing the download settings...

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Kieran_1991

hous wrote: »
    is it not just carrying on downloading demos etc in background? try changing the download settings...

Nope I wasnt downloading anything... Im thinking off bringing it back to the shop I only have it just over a month now

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

I used to have this problem, it went away after a week or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Had the same problem myself a few times after I first bought mine too. Went away all by itself. Usually happened if I left my controller connected on the Play And Charge cable, reckon it was just the console carrying on after being powered down. Stick a hoover to the fan grill if you want to be safe about it though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Happened to mine a few times. All its doing is cooling it down. Just double press the power button when your shutting it down and it won't happen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Kieran_1991

OK thanks for all the replies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Sounds to me like its when the xbox goes into standby mode to download games/charge controllers. Nothing to worry about :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

In fairness, on the Slim consoles anyway, it's a terrifying noise! Sounds like the console is about to take flight which given that they're completely silent when they're on is pretty bloody worrying. Nothing to actually worry about though

• Registered Users Posts: 40 xxtallaghtxx

Mine you hear a loud whirring noise just as u turn it off.... Im guessing thats what u mean? Wouldnt worry

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

The new model always whirrs like that powering down, I have 2 of em in the house and they both do it, one bought originally when the slim came out, second bought a few months ago, it only does it for bout 20-30 secs after then stops....

My phat PS3 is the same....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Its gonna blow get out of the house aaaggghhhhh

Na just cooling down the insides a bit.

Advertisement