Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC phone can't ring one number

Options
  • 07-11-2011 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Recently got UPC in the house no other problems bar the phone not being able to ring one mobile. Mobile is a Sony Ericsson W595. Have another W595 with exactly the same settings so it's not the mobile it would seem. Both on O2.

Anyone shed some light as to why it can't ring this one mobile ?

Thanks.

Ste-

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,437 ✭✭✭✭Victor

The mobile may have blocked the number you are calling from.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

My mother has UPC phone and she has trouble with lots of numbers. It's erratic too, a number will not work three times then ring on the fourth attempt.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Victor wrote: »
    The mobile may have blocked the number you are calling from.

How could this have been done and more importantly be undone!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

Ring UPC and tell them you cant ring the number.

They will test and hopefully have the same experience and pass it on to O2 (assuming they ship calls directly to O2 which I am pretty sure they do).

Its more difficult to track these issues from the far-end back, much easier to start on your end with your provider as you are the affected customer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Do you know if the number you're calling was ported i.e. is it an 02 086 number, or something that was moved from another network?

It's possible O2 didn't do the port correctly or there was a glitch which would possibly result in odd behaviour when calling from other networks.

The issue needs to be reported to UPC on 1908 as it's most likely some kind of routing error and they would need to raise it with O2.

• Advertisement
Advertisement