Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best pay as you go deal?

Options
  • 07-11-2011 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭

Planning on getting my daughter her first mobile phone for Christmas. Any idea which mobile company offers the best deals, I.e extra txts with a certain amount top up etc...
    I'm bill pay for years so have no idea of the pay as you go deals.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

Really depends on usage tbh and which other networks will be called regularly.

If you have any idea on that it would be useful especially networks of other family members etc (i.e. most companies give free same network calls/ texts)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

For a child I woulkd advise you to have a look at Tesco. Top up by €10 and get 10 bonus. The bonus is used up before your hard earned cash gets used:).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 sierra1

3 have a really good deal at the moment for 20e pm you get all your texts to any network, weekend calls to any network and all you can eat data.......

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

sierra1 wrote: »
    3 have a really good deal at the moment for 20e pm you get all your texts to any network, weekend calls to any network and all you can eat data.......

Thats the one i have at the minute, the unlimited is pretty much true too!

i stream radio at work for 39 hours a week and stream podcasts, surf online pretty much everything and i barly hit 5 or 6gb and their unlimited package is 15gb a month!

really good!

O2 have a free calls/text offer for 20 quid a month too, if you want internet though they give you a gb for a tenner, so that leaves a tenner left of credit.

meteor who i was with before i switched are similer to O2.

OP you are looking at spending around 20 quid a month no matter the provider. they all offer very similer packages. Check coverage in your area first though!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

For €20 with meteor you get free calls and text to meteor numbers, 200 minutes to all other networks, 200 texts to other networks and 1gb of internet. It's a one month contract which is basically pay-as-you-go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭greg_f

silly wrote: »
    Planning on getting my daughter her first mobile phone for Christmas. Any idea which mobile company offers the best deals, I.e extra txts with a certain amount top up etc...
    I'm bill pay for years so have no idea of the pay as you go deals.

Thanks in advance.

Hi

the best payg network is 3 simpy because of the all you can eat data but has other addon's also another saving can be if you get an android phone download cabbage on the market and you can use your webtext on the phone,i have being on all networks and 3 is the best :D

Advertisement