Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eclipse C/C++

Options
  • 07-11-2011 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭

Hey all,
    Probably something simple, but I've recently started to use Eclipse for C++(have to use it for university). I'm running Lion (OS X), and when I try to run, I get:
    "The selection cannot be Launched, and there are no recent Launches."

It builds and runs Java projects fine, but not C/C++.
    This happens even with a simple Hello world. I've tried an empty project, precompiled headers, but to no avail.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Are you sure it's in c++ mode? Make sure all the c++ eclipse components are installed, maybe you downloaded the normal java version by mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Groinshot

srsly78 wrote: »
    Are you sure it's in c++ mode? Make sure all the c++ eclipse components are installed, maybe you downloaded the normal java version by mistake.

Yep, Positive. I've got the java version installed, with the CDT Plugin, and xCode installed so I have a compiler too. It builds fine, (no errors) but I can't launch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Try to manually set up a launch configuration? Never used it on a mac sorry, dunno how it integrates with xcode.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Groinshot

srsly78 wrote: »
    Try to manually set up a launch configuration? Never used it on a mac sorry, dunno how it integrates with xcode.

I don't know if it does or not, but I did read somewhere that it reiles on an external compiler. All i meant by that was that I have g++ and gcc installed. I'll give that a try after lunch, thanks.

Advertisement