Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lots of emails!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

28064212 wrote: »
    Me? No, definitely not into spam. On the other hand, I haven't been seeing any more threads where notifications have gone missing, so may have been a temporary blip

No you, an admin. They also reported that their mail went into spam. I have no idea about your mail, but everything is ticking over here just fine so it's likely just a bip :)

Note to all:

Possibly due to boards' recent mail fail and subsequent bout of emailing the entire universe it appears that our reputation might have taken a small dent when it comes to email, resulting in notifications going straight to spam now. I suggest the following:

1) If you find any mail in your Spam folder, Mark it as "Not spam" if possible instead of just moving it into Inbox manually. This should help the email servers realise that we're not a spamming domain :)

2) Whitelist the email the notifications are sent from so it doesn't go straight to spam anymore.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

It's happening to me again. Emails aren't coming in on time and when they do, they come in 40 mins late and all at once, or over a couple of minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,614 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Ok, it's definitely not all in my head :pac: (although it mightn't be necessarily related to this bug)

I posted a reply to this thread yesterday morning. I have auto-instant email notification set up, so it was automatically followed. When I opened my CP this morning, it showed up under "New Followed Threads", and there had been a reply last night. I definitely never got an email notification for it, I have no spam messages.

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

Checked with our systems guys there, there was a mail backlog between roughly midnight and 4am last night, but mails were dispatched and the backlog has been cleared. This roughly coincides with Liam's post.

Please let us know if you don't get your mail.

Checked with our systems guys there, there was a mail backlog between roughly midnight and 4am last night, but mails were dispatched and the backlog has been cleared. This roughly coincides with Liam's post.

Please let us know if you don't get your mail.
    Image Gallery Thread:
    Never got the notification for this post, but I did get a notification for the post after that.

Galaxy Nexus thread:
    I didn't get a notification for this post, despite having gotten notifications for previous posts in the thread.

PS: I should qualify, the bug doesn't bother me, I check my CP regularly either way, just alerting you that there is an issue :)

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

28064212 wrote: »
    Image Gallery Thread:
    Never got the notification for this post, but I did get a notification for the post after that.

Galaxy Nexus thread:
    I didn't get a notification for this post, despite having gotten notifications for previous posts in the thread.

PS: I should qualify, the bug doesn't bother me, I check my CP regularly either way, just alerting you that there is an issue :)
    You'll only get an email for the first new mail from each thread, but not for subsequent posts unless you view the first new one.

Are you sure it's not that that's happening to you?

Blowfish wrote: »
    You'll only get an email for the first new mail from each thread, but not for subsequent posts unless you view the first new one.

Are you sure it's not that that's happening to you?
    Positive. In the Image Gallery thread, I made a post, then left it, and didn't get a mail when a new post was made. When I checked my CP, I saw that there was a new post and went into the thread. When another new post was made, I did get a mail notification

In the Galaxy Nexus thread, I got a mail notification for post 82, and visited the thread (from the email link), and there was only that new post. Later, when I visited my CP, it showed a new post in that thread, even though I hadn't gotten a mail. I've since gotten mail notifications for the other new posts in that thread.

It's definitely registering that I have visited the page, and that there are new posts since then, otherwise they wouldn't be showing up in my CP. It just seems that the mail notifications aren't firing

Yeah. There is a serious delay with the emails. I'm getting emails for responses that happened earlier today. All coming in at once, or over 5 mins or so.
    It's a bit annoying. I'm getting used to using my CP to see the posts since the emails arent coming oin for hours. It's happening over the last couple of days as far as I can tell.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Was wondering if this issue is repeating itself?

I'm getting about 40% (possibly less) of my e-mail notifications. I may get one notification per thread per day while there could be dozens of new posts. Also some threads i subscribed to, i'm getting no notifications at all.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

To elaborate on what the initial problem was, a new webserver was rolled out and we had the wrong mail setup on it. It just isn't possible that the exact same issue is repeating itself, the setup was fixed which is why the deluge of emails people were complaining about occurred.

You get a notification per thread if there is a new post. If you do not view that thread and 10 more posts occur you will still only get one notification (the one you received). You will receive no more notifications for that thread until you view it and there are new posts. I'm fairly sure there are words on the email to this effect.

Can you check your spam folder for missing notifications?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

You get a notification per thread if there is a new post. If you do not view that thread and 10 more posts occur you will still only get one notification (the one you received). You will receive no more notifications for that thread until you view it and there are new posts. I'm fairly sure there are words on the email to this effect.

I understand what you're saying, but I have instant notification setup on all threads i'm sbscribed to. Also I have often been responding to a post/thread, and recieve mutliple e-mail notifications of new posts from another thread without having looked at that thread. I have also gotten 1, 2, 3, 4 e-mail notifications of new posts to a thread and when i check there are 10+ new posts.

All of this is not a problem. Its just for some threads i am receiving no notifications at all.
    Can you check your spam folder for missing notifications?

Done and there are none.

Anyway i could have been a bit premature with my post here. I have already checked my settings (they're fine), and have unsubscribed, and subscribed again to the threads i am missing in the hope it will rectify the issue. All i have to do is wait and see what happens.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 46,023 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I'm still missing the odd email alert and what I also see happening is some emails are coming maybe 15 minutes after a new post in a subscribed thread.

Not really a problem though.

muffler wrote: »
    I'm still missing the odd email alert and what I also see happening is some emails are coming maybe 15 minutes after a new post in a subscribed thread.

Not really a problem though.
    Exactly the same thing happens to me too.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement