Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Strongest Man 2011 RTE2 Sat.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Disappointed they chose not to show the axle press. Great to watch overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

Should have replaced the arm wrestling with the axel press. Much more impressive event, especially for TV audiences.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

Glen Ross was a fantastic competitor and seems to be a great promotor and organiser, great competition from what was shown, but he should turn over the MC and presenting duties to someone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

caught some of this in the hotel at GPC worlds...spotted and old face from IDFPA days competing..

caught some of this in the hotel at GPC worlds...spotted and old face from IDFPA days competing..

Probably Angelo. Powerhouse that lad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,714 ✭✭✭Worztron

It is a pity there is no wiki page on past winner of Ireland Strongest Man competitions such as http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World%27s_Strongest_Man

Who won it last night. The guy from Antrim. What was his name?

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Weh weh weh... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,572 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I thought James Fennelly would be in this. I remember him in Britains Strongest Man and he did very well.

Worztron wrote: »

Who won it last night. The guy from Antrim. What was his name?

Jonathan Kelly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

I thought James Fennelly would be in this. I remember him in Britains Strongest Man and he did very well.

I think he just does the Republic's Strongest Man. Open for correction on that.

Anyone else think the axe hold was a bit ridiculous? I can understand that it is a test of strength, but compared to something like a keg toss, it doesn't hold much value.

It's good to see such coverage of the event, considering strongman is really only starting to get notice in Ireland.

• Advertisement
Advertisement